What is the difference between tanks, clearomizers and cartomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JungleRecon

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2014
Lincoln, NE
I'm not sure I really know the difference between these terms. I'm looking for a new topper for my mvp v2 and not sure the difference between these. I know that I want a bottom dual coil and I'm leaning toward an aspire BDC or iclear 30b but what specifically the aspire Ce5 or the iclear 30? Are they tanks, clearomizers or cartomizers?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'm not sure I really know the difference between these terms. I'm looking for a new topper for my mvp v2 and not sure the difference between these. I know that I want a bottom dual coil and I'm leaning toward an aspire BDC or iclear 30b but what specifically the aspire Ce5 or the iclear 30? Are they tanks, clearomizers or cartomizers?

They are tanks; and since they are clear tanks containing the atomizer, they are clearomizers.

A cartomizer uses a cartridge/atomizer that looks like a cigarette ..../filter in shape and size.

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
tanks are usually refered to wider toppers that hold more liquid the iclear 30's many will consider a clearomizer tank.

clearomizers and cartomizers are very similar except cartomziers are usually housed in metal and the clearomizers are usually plastic so you can see how much liquid is inside. Both can be tank style vapes and the tanks can come in plastic, glass or metal outer casings.

Vappers

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
United States
JungleRecon! I just posted a thread about the MVP 2.0, asking the community what they think about it. Im thinking of picking one up and getting a protank 3 for it (Thats a clearomizer).

To answer your question from what i have read and understand:
A Clearomizer is a clear tank that holds anywhere from 1 ml to 1.6 or more ml of e-juice and has an internal coil(Heating element) for the liquid.

A Cartomizer is a cartridge that either has the element in it or slips onto the element. A Cartomizer usually has cotton or some sort of buffer to hold the liquid in it.

Corrrect me if im wrong.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
JungleRecon! I just posted a thread about the MVP 2.0, asking the community what they think about it. Im thinking of picking one up and getting a protank 3 for it (Thats a clearomizer).

A Clearomizer is a clear tank that holds anywhere from 1 ml to 1.6 or more ml of e-juice and has an internal coil(Heating element) for the liquid.

A Cartomizer is a cartridge that either has the element in it or slips onto the element. A Cartomizer usually has cotton or some sort of buffer to hold the liquid in it.

Corrrect me if im wrong.

Pretty close.

A Cartomizer is a cartridge filled with either a fiber or sponge material that surrounds the coil. The filler material holds the liquid in place. Cartomizers can be refilled and reused, but are difficult if not impossible to clean and reuse. Eventually they do wear out and have to be replaced.

Clearomizer means different things to different people, but in general people are talking about a small, clear tank that holds less than 3ml of liquid. A clearomizer is a tank, but people like to sound technical. If you're going to be really technical, a clearomizer is a clear tank, hence the name.

A tank is basically a large clearomizer although it may not be clear. Same basic design, works the same, it's just larger. If it holds 3ml or more of liquid then people will call it a tank.

A cartotank is a cartomizer that's been inserted into the center of a tank. A hole or two is drilled or punched into the cartomizer to allow fluid from the tank to refill the cartomizer as you use it.

Corrrect me if im wrong.

i bought the mvp 2.0 and i am very pleased with it. the battery life is great. the passthrough is nice too, use while charging. i guess its nice that it has a switchable usb out for charging maybe a phone or something although i have never used it for such. it made me wish i had never purchaced a 650 or a 1100 c twist although i guess it doesnt hurt to have back ups. all in all i would get it. why wait. for the price point its hard to beat. inmy opinion at least. and tank wise i have protank 2s and c50s and smaller bcc's but my favorite is the iclear30b its a dual bottom coil clearomizer with a 3ml tank. it is easily maintained and a sturdy tank. coils costt more than my other tanks but i dont mind. its heavy and feels well constructed. i wouldnt buy another protank after finding this. i hope i was helpful. i am as fresh to the forum as could be, being as this is my first post but, again, i hope this was at least a little useful
:toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread