What is the difference between the eGo and the EVOD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    An eGo battery and the Kanger eVod battery both have what is called a 510 thread connection. You can use any clearomizer or tank on them as long as it has a standard 510 connection.

When looking at clearos, tanks, etc, look for either "510" or "eGo" threading in the description.

So the eVod tanks will fit on eGo batteries or eVod batteries.

That being said, can an Evod battery be used with an ego-B,C,T or CC atomizer?

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Quick, cheap and easy.
    katana_kit_iii_1024x1024.jpg

Have fun
    I

Penn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 19, 2013
    In the wilderness
    There is an overlap in words and meanings. Ego and evod can mean 2 different things.

Fist and most basic is what Izan posted

An ego style battery has a 12mm threaded shoulder, it has a 510 connector in it's centre.
    ego-510-thread.jpg

Look at what the arrow is pointing at. Those outer threads are what is meant by the ego connection, but ego connections have the inner 510 connection also. The original battery to use ego was Ovale (ETA - pictured below is an ovale twist which isn't the original, I just put it so you see the overall form factor)

102245d1337634566-ovale-usa-new-ego-c-twist-battery-has-arrived-twist-500x500.jpg

That style battery became known as an ego (even when made by others) but as noted, the connection threading is what makes it an ego (now).

Many battery devices use the ego threading.

Evod is actually both a battery and a clearomizer (atomizer). Usually people say it as evod kit, meaning both the battery and clearo, or they say evod battery, obviously meaning just the evod battery. Usually when people just say evod they mean the other picture from Izan, just eh clearo.

Bottom line, yes the evod (clearo) will work with your ego battery. Yes your ce4 type clearomizer (I'm guessing that is what you referred to) will work on an evod battery also.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread