Who still uses an old school device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cityboy

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
I still love my Evod. The original, single coil Evod. I've tried pods, mods, etc, and I keep coming back to this, which was actually my 3rd device ever.

I went from a 901 in 2009 or so, to an EGO (I think?) and then the Evod. Have tried other things since, but the Evod does what I want.

Anyone else have any old school favorites?

CB

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
How’s it working?

As expected, though I don't use them as my primary device. They work pretty well as a high-nic, MTL device, but sometimes the hit feels a tad bit weak compared to the newer pod mods. I'm thinking the old Twist batteries with adjustable voltage would probably suit me better. I do like that the coils are replaceable and relatively cheap.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
My oldest functional gear that I still use is my k1 tanks, although it’s really hard to find decent coils for them these days, and my istick 20s. Those things just will not die. I also have my first external battery device, a cuboid, but I don’t use it anymore - I used to test flavors or build with it, but now I’m using the Ipower 80 for building because it reads my coils more accurately.

Reactions: Opinionated

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
The most 'belle epoque' stuff that still is on the list is the kanger subtank coils....I've just bought a pack of them for my billet box (its on order) along with some aspire atlantis/triton coils.....some of the oldies were definitely goodies :)

I think you realise in the end that chasing stuff is ok up to a point but finding what works for you best is infinitely more important :)

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Still have a 306 on a mini-ego in use ... with backups:
306-ego400.jpg

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I've still got a box full of Spinners and PT 2 minis. Figured they might be useful for travel at some point if there was a chance they could be confiscated. My wife uses a couple of Pro Tanks. I mostly use KFL's and Provaris, plus a couple of Lemos on Picos, with plenty more in the stash.

After getting stocked up during the original Deeming panic I was reluctant to buy new gear when I had a lifetime supply of stuff that worked fine. I did get a couple of new mods recently.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
The oldest things I have are a few Vivi Nova 3.5 ml tanks plus a supply of spare heads for them.

Though they were originally laid aside for emergency use only, I do take the notion to use them from time to time and am actually surprised each time to find that I still quite like them.

Other than that, my mainstays are Nautilus Mini Tanks, which nowadays are considered old hat, but which for me just go on delivering a great satisfying vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread