What is the safest Dekang flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2010
Wisconsin
Dekang's facilities are supposed to be state of the art. Check youtube where they give a tour. To make blanket derogatory
statements about them is just ignorant. Sure the flavors may vary batch to batch but its not like there making it in a bath tub at a trailer park.

YouTube - factory tour.

Last edited:

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Personally I think alot of it boils down to an anti-Chinese sentiment. I smell a touch of xenophobia when people start rallying against Chinese quality control standards.

It could have something to do with the fact that they were putting lead in our children's toys? I don't think it's unreasonable--and I certainly don't think it's worth a cry of xenophobia--to question Chinese suppliers after all of the toxic stuff that has been imported into our country...especially if we're going to be inhaling it.

Personally, Dekang made me physically ill. I tried many different flavors, and got sick on each one. In fact, I got so ill and found the flavors so rancid that it turned me off to vaping for an entire year. Tried USA juice, and quit smoking the same day. I'm very sensitive to certain chemicals, however, and I do realize that some people don't have the same sensitivity. Most perfumes make me ill or give me headaches, and I can't clean my home with anything overly scented (like Febreeze or Swiffer liquids for example).

Here's what I think (not that my opinion means a whole helluva lot, but I'll give it, anyway):

If you are sensitive to the things I mentioned above, and if you get physically ill or get migraines from certain chemical scents, stay the hell away from Dekang (hopefully without fear of being labeled a racist or a xenophobe). If you aren't, vape it to your heart's content. To each their own.

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
You know, I watched most of that video of Leoford, and I don't doubt that the Chinese juice manufacturers are exceptionally clean and make their juice under the highest quality of standards. I'm just not so sure that the flavoring (or possibly PG?) they use is the kind that I want to vape...again, not because I'm anti-Chinese or because I think they're whipping this stuff up in dirty sweatshops, but because I have major chemical-scent sensitivity, which also translates to chemical-taste sensitivity.

I figure that I'm in the 5 percent of the vaping population of people who can't handle certain chemical smells. Hell, I can't even eat Cool Whip because it's so artificial tasting to me. I have to eat real whipped cream. Yes, I'm a freak, but I know I'm not alone.

Firefly13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Oklahoma, USA
www.blackvelvetjuice.com
You know, I watched most of that video of Leoford, and I don't doubt that the Chinese juice manufacturers are exceptionally clean and make their juice under the highest quality of standards. I'm just not so sure that the flavoring (or possibly PG?) they use is the kind that I want to vape...again, not because I'm anti-Chinese or because I think they're whipping this stuff up in dirty sweatshops, but because I have major chemical-scent sensitivity, which also translates to chemical-taste sensitivity.

I figure that I'm in the 5 percent of the vaping population of people who can't handle certain chemical smells. Hell, I can't even eat Cool Whip because it's so artificial tasting to me. I have to eat real whipped cream. Yes, I'm a freak, but I know I'm not alone.

You need to try the proper latest Dekang recipes, they are good, not the old chemical / perfume crap

Quix

Jun 13, 2010
AZ
What is the safest Dekang flavor?

Before a few days ago, I would have answered their Cappuccino had been a steady performer, but after enjoying it every morning for the past 3 months, I opened a recently purchased bottle only to find a tobacco flavored product (possibly a ruyan?) with a different light brown color. *totally* unlike its pinkish-hued predecessor.

After contacting the supplier reporting a mislabelling, was informed that was still indeed the cappuccino and not a mistake.

RIP Dekang Cap.

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
I've been searching to no avail for the thread about the member who went to the hospital and had Dekang lab tested. I think it may be buried in the post-remodel shuffle. I'll keep looking.

But at any rate, it doesn't matter how clean their facilities are if they are using bad ingredients.

If you find it I would love you to PM me the link :)

MichaelOz

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2010
Czech Republic
Dekang's facilities are supposed to be state of the art. Check youtube where they give a tour. To make blanket derogatory
statements about them is just ignorant. Sure the flavors may vary batch to batch but its not like there making it in a bath tub at a trailer park.

YouTube - factory tour.

Bottom line is - I can't trust any juice that I get from local sources (yet). Local suppliers claim that they're selling Dekang. Is it really Dekang? I can't be sure, but my experiences are the same as those people who are also unsatisfied with stuff they're pretty sure is Dekang. So it is highly likely I have Dekang.

State of the art or not, mainly how does it vape, in my experience varies considerably from order to order. At the best its "alight/good" never amazing, at the worst its throw in the bin bad.

I don't really have the time or money to rerun the experiment, neither am I rooting for Dekang to sort out their inconsistency issues. Its very simple really, their juice doesn't meet my expectations and that's it.

I'm happy if people are satisfied with Dekang juice, but as for people who question me, in person or via blog, I'll definitely warn them about Dekang. And unfortunately the reality (now) is that there is no consistency in the flavors you order from Dekang.

Firefly13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Oklahoma, USA
www.blackvelvetjuice.com
Anyway, move over, hangsen is the new boy! hahahahaha. I do love to read these threads, there must be something up somewhere with this juice, there isn't nearly the same level of backlash against dekang juices in the EU. Mislabelled bottles? Sure? XXX killer fluid? None yet.

Yeah i love the whole Hangsen thing going on, i know somebody who tried their stuff and it was nothing like Dekang, especially after they claimed that their engineer was the old one from Dekang and that the new guy there has no idea what he's doing. Well i gotta say for an engineer who 'supposedly' doesn't know what he's doing, he's making some might fine juice right now.

Zelphie all you gotta do is ask the vendor for a date on the bottles, just make sure it's not older than a couple months and you'll know it's the new stuff.

Vap510

Oct 2, 2010
USA
I have now read 2 accounts, one on this forum and another from a person I trust very much with this kind of research, showing worrying results about Dekang's quality control. The person from this forum reportedly went to the hospital as a result of the juice, which had drastically mis-labeled nic levels and non-consumable grade PG.

I just happened to find this forum when wondering if quality or mis labeled juices were floating around & this confirms my suspicion. Received an order with Dekang and some juices leaked and caused some labels to fall off. Not a big deal since all the juices were either low or med & tobacco flavors & fruit flavors have different tops. I noticed the Marlboro, Winston & Virginia's taste the same.. Either I messed up the labels or the bottles were filled with the same flavors..

On to strength..

The tobacco flavor in Med did not loose its label and is rated at 18mg. Which I do a DIY mix for myself of 16mg and prev 20mg when first starting out. Their med seems so strong the 20mg I used to mix was nothing in nic levels to their 18mg. Its so strong I would think its almost pure nicotine with some flavor..very bad

It takes one person to goto the hospital over a mis labeled bottle to cause a huge issue! Their facilities may have high standards, but the way I am looking at this & this is MY opinion,, it takes one person to either mess up or purposely mis label..and China is not very friendly with the US considering the North Korea situation.

I most likely will sell DIY flavors, mixing supplies only & let customers purchase their nicotine on their own.

warbdan

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Somerset, Kentucky, United States
Wow, I don't get it. The only issue I've had with Dekang liquids is getting a bottle of Honeysuckle that was supposed to be Cinnamon.... Hell, I quit analogs because of Dekang's RY4 and 555. I still haven't found another vendor that can exactly recreate the deliciousness of Dekang's RY4.

Edit: That's not to say I think China has the best quality control or even GOOD QC for that matter. I've seen video after video of "Factories" in Shenzhen that are nothing more than slave camps. There are so many people in these "Factories" that probably have no clue about what their making, nor do they care, that there are going to be inevitable slip-ups.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread