What is your perfect cart, atty or tank set-up on your Precise +?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landlord

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Cleveland Ohio
Here is the Molten Metal
landlord-albums-mods-picture67652-2011-11-30-16-1-40-47.jpg

And here are a couple more... Violet and bronze magma, Delrin magma, Molten Metal, and Woodland Camo
landlord-albums-mods-picture66531-lavas.jpg

all 3.0 ohm except for the bullet which is 2.0 ohm

MadHatter

Sic itur ad astra
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2010
Waco, Texas
For the juice I use, I get the most flavor and best hit using IKV 1.6Ω single coil clear cartomizers. However, I do not like the look or durability of the clear tubes, so I remove them and use silver metal tubes from old cartos instead. A Precise with a silver tube and a SS shorty tip is the look I like best.

silverrocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
USA
www.ihatesilver.com
10440: HH357 & a VapeMate
18350: 1.7 ohm 901
18500: 1.8 ohm io6
18650: 6 volt, 3.5 ohm 510 & a VapeMate

I'm still waiting for my 18350. Prdered a pack of xxl single coul cartomizers from smoketeck in 1.5 ohm, does that sound like a reasonable set up for cartos? If not I will have try my usual boge cartos, either standard or LR. Would a standard carto not work as well on the 18350?
Tried to avoid a tank by prdering thr smoketeck xxxl caros, since theu suppossedly hold about 3mm of juice.

MadHatter

Sic itur ad astra
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2010
Waco, Texas
I'm still waiting for my 18350. Prdered a pack of xxl single coul cartomizers from smoketeck in 1.5 ohm, does that sound like a reasonable set up for cartos? If not I will have try my usual boge cartos, either standard or LR. Would a standard carto not work as well on the 18350?
Tried to avoid a tank by prdering thr smoketeck xxxl caros, since theu suppossedly hold about 3mm of juice.

I've used smoktech SC 1.5's on my 18350 and they work fine. Depending on your juice though, it may run very hot when the batteries are first off the charger.

silverrocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
USA
www.ihatesilver.com
I've used smoktech SC 1.5's on my 18350 and they work fine. Depending on your juice though, it may run very hot when the batteries are first off the charger.

Thank you for the info and sorry for the typos; somehow my phone is continiously messing up on this site :)

BassMonkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2011
SoCal
Wow we've got some real variety around here.

I actually just got my IKV i06 1.8( i think) and I think I'm liking that the most so far. I a few including the hh357 and I think I'm liking this one the most. I just wish I could fit one of these things to my tank. Not a big fan of the vapemate, because of the added size.

Geoscouter

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
Missouri
I'm very happy with the convenience, cost and durabiity of lo-res cartos/ss tanks.

So I have spent most of the last year using bottom feeders and have missed out on the whole tank evolution. Is it comparable to using a carto on a bottom feeder? I need to find a Tank 101 class. Is there a stainless steel tank that uses boge lr cartos which I assume have to be modified to work with a tank that someone can recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aziffel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
nc
So I have spent most of the last year using bottom feeders and have missed out on the whole tank evolution. Is it comparable to using a carto on a bottom feeder? I need to find a Tank 101 class. Is there a stainless steel tank that uses boge lr cartos which I assume have to be modified to work with a tank that someone can recommend?

BDV Big Daddy 5ml Tanks : Big Daddy Vapor

artyoh

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
Shenandoah Valley

Punching or drilling cartos isn't that much trouble, once you pick a method that works for you and do a number of them at one time. Even if you don't want to be bothered with a bit of trial-and-error, or don't own a drill-press, there are a number of jigs available, which make the process essentially foolproof:

carto punch jig - Google Search

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Nothing beats a great Atty in a tank, either great standard type Atty or re-buildable type Atty in a tank over any carto, period, but as for Cartos in a tank, Boge Cartos seem to work best for me and putting a really nice sized score in the side of them with my dremmel over punching them works much better too, oh ya and the Fusion Carto also works super, ya gotta get the feed of the juice just right though to make a carto work right, to little and you taste filler material burning, to much juice feed and flooding accrues. Scoring them with the dremmel just right works best for me over all the punch techniques out there, practicing different ways with the Dremmel is worth it's weight in gold for using a carto, but I'll take the Atty in the tank every time over the carto , just my personal findings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread