Not open for further replies.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
OK, I've decided to get my 1st e-cig from cignot. As many already said she's super fast replying to questions. But, I'm totally confused as to what ejuice to initially try and navigating the selection on the cignot site is tedious w/o a lot of description to the flavors.

I only saw a couple posts in this forum about what to try 1st as a newbie, so pardon me, but I'm starting another one.

I'm hoping to be an ex-Marlboro light smoker real soon. What was you're 1st ejuice, what are you vaping now, what would you recommend to a newbie. I guess like lot I'm looking to start w/ a tabacco taste then try others. I'm not a mentol smoker but I like altoids and mints and coffee.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Oh yea- on the site theres Eco, PG, VG, etc what's the differences?

Paddrino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Austin, TX
www.youtube.com
It is REALLY difficult to recommend juices out of the gate. Taste is such a subjective thing, and it is much like recommending food. I like asparagus, but most look at me funny when I recommend them ;)

As far as PG/VG goes, the rule of thumb that PG tends to give you more "flavor" and VG tends to give you more "vapor", and nicotine level gives you more "throat hit". Most people start out with ~18mg of nicotine when they first start vaping and adjust from there. If you find that vaping is working well but isn't as satisfying, upping your nicotine level may help. If you find you can't hardly vape but a few puffs from your new ecig, you may need to back down on the nicotine level. I believe most of the Eco line is VERY heavy on the VG ratio (I am guessing all VG or at least 90%). Many places do a "mix" of PG/VG. It takes a little bit of trial and error to find that "sweet spot" of flavor and vapor, and some juices you will eventually notice taste better of the more VG than PG ratio or vice versa.

What I would wholeheartedly recommend is that you start with a bunch of sample packs or very small bottles. That way if you get a juice you really don't like, you won't be out as much $, and you can try different juices to find that "taste sweet spot". Also keep in mind that your taste buds will change with the more you replace vaping with smoking, so what tastes good now may taste terrible after you are off the ciggs for a few weeks. Don't feel nervous about branching out. I was apprehensive about fruit flavors until my taste buds returned, and now I have a few fruit flavors that I can't live without. ;)

Also keep in mind that some people have an allergy to PG or VG. If you start vaping on a juice and notice that you having a weird reaction, adjust your ratio to one or the other. If it gets better or worse you may need to adjust even more to avoid any adverse reactions.

The English toffee flavor at cignot is a tasty one to start out with if you like buttery toffee flavors ;)

Congratulations on the switch, I wish you all the luck in the world ;)

Joye Camel

Nov 2, 2010
Virginia
I'm hoping to be an ex-Marlboro light smoker real soon. What was you're 1st ejuice, what are you vaping now, what would you recommend to a newbie. I guess like lot I'm looking to start w/ a tabacco taste then try others. I'm not a mentol smoker but I like altoids and mints and coffee.

If you're looking for something similar to your Marlboro lights to start out on, the Marlb/USA Mix in VG at Cignot is about as close as I've tasted to a Marlboro light. Or PG, if that sounds better to you -- I haven't tried it, but the poster above me does a good job of explaining the PG/VG difference. Caveat -- I weaned my way off tobacco juices VERY quickly and don't really enjoy them now, so I have a limited basis of comparison.

The Tobacco #4 from their BASIC line is a good tobacco flavor too, and, in fact, is probably the only one I would consider reordering now given my general aversion to tobacco liquids. It has kind of a cotton candy flavor in addition to the tobacco that's hard to describe.

I would definitely recommend getting at least a few small bottles of something non-tobacco too, because you may find yourself like me. If you're ordering from Cignot, the Black Tea (other vg/pg) and Cherry Cola (BASIC) are two flavors that I have enjoyed before.

zerominusone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2011
in your house
I started with the Marlboro and Camel prefilled cartomizers and the first juice I bought was Dekang Winston. All of 'em SUCKED to me. A buddy let me try his Tennessee Cured from Johnson Creek and I was sold. That's my main juice now. I've tried a bunch of different kinds but the Tenn. Cur. is my fav.

DAlberto

May 22, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I too first started with a the 510 kit from cignot. Vicki is wonderful and extremely helpful. Cignot does do sample packs of liquids, a methol and a tobacco sample back which was were I started. BASIC Sample packs. Eco is just a line of juices and not really a 'type' such as PG and VG. In addition to what Paddrino already mentioned, I think I'm right in saying that PG juices are more 'watery' and VG juices are much more viscous.

Other juices from cignot such as RY4, which is very popular, didn't do it for me as I found it tasted too much of hazelnut (as do most of the other strong 'tobacco' flavours I've tried, not all from cignot). My brother who just started out with a kit I put together for him from cignot wanted something more tobacco-like and he did like the tobacco #2 which has strong flavour but is a little sweet, when I thought he wouldn't. It really is quite subjective so I would recommend getting a few small bottles to start off with.

I tend to like menthol and mint flavours and from cignot I've tried:
Both BASIC sample packs
Forbidden (fruity, lots of melon notes)
Watermelon (not so good for me)
ECOpure Menthol (one of my main juices, pleasant all-day vaping)
ECOpure Rich (also good, light flavour)
Double Mint (just got a small bottle and looking forward to ordering a large bottle when I need juices again: great mint flavour with decent menthol too, tastes just like the gum)
Apple (decent)
Spearmint (light flavour, probably because it was VG, and no menthol that I could detect)

Good luck to you and hope you like vaping!

Last edited:

Caseyjp

Aug 23, 2011
A, A
Whatever you do, as a noobie...do NOT buy a huge bottle of anything. Your tastes are going to change, and usually I mean BIG TIME over the course of a month or two. For instance, I started with a cigarette juice with my first ego rig...and enjoyed it. (compared to the sewage taste of njoys.) Now a couple months on, that first cig juice tastes like wet leaves and pepper. If you're going the carto route, or whichever....make some different selections, and try them. As your tastebuds come back and your vaping tastes evolve, you'll be glad you didn't get that monster bottle of whatever at the beginning. :2cool:

Amy41996

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Chicago, Illinois, United States
I also agree...start with small bottles definately!!!!! Your taste buds will change ..and what you love when you start you may hate as your taste buds begin to heal......I am so far away from the flavors I started with and they don't taste so great to me anymore...even menthol...I like menthol, but my taste for the menthol flavors have changed as well.

Sample packs are the way to go definately..also, if you get a sample pack and if there is one you don't like,,,,keep it and try it a month or so down the line,,,,you might like it :)
Keep Vapin and Explore, you can do it affordably with keeping with small bottles at first
Good Luck and have fun with the vaping experience:vapor:

rkelly

Oct 10, 2011
Chicago IL
I also agree...start with small bottles definately!!!!! Your taste buds will change ..and what you love when you start you may hate as your taste buds begin to heal......I am so far away from the flavors I started with and they don't taste so great to me anymore...even menthol...I like menthol, but my taste for the menthol flavors have changed as well.

Sample packs are the way to go definately..also, if you get a sample pack and if there is one you don't like,,,,keep it and try it a month or so down the line,,,,you might like it :)
Keep Vapin and Explore, you can do it affordably with keeping with small bottles at first
Good Luck and have fun with the vaping experience:vapor:

Sample packs are great....until Dennis turns you onto the Smoktech Carto that holds 4+ml of juice. :laugh:

Also, just my .02c, but "On Top" is my perfect go to juice.

Last edited:

dimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
My favorite juice I tried from there is easily the Toffee from their Basic line of juices. I could vape that all day.

I'm also vaping On Top and Dew Drops as well (both from the Basic line of juices also). They're good for when I want to change it up a bit and move to something more fruity or citrusy when compared to the Toffee.

After sampling flavors other than tobacco, I never wanted to go back and haven't vaped tobacco since. I keep a carto of Marlboro flavor (prefilled) just in case, but I have never vaped it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread