What kind of gear do you think we should create next or in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Please share with us your ideas regarding what you think we should do next or in the future.
Who is asking the question?

Never the less here are a couple of ideas I put on the forum a few minutes ago.
I'm looking for a cheap bottle roller to mix e liquid. This technique has been used for many years in various applications but the equipment is silly expensive and doesn't need to be for mixing e liquid.
Here is an example, one of many
maxresdefault.jpg

I modified a faux leather case today so i could carry a pico on a lanyard under a sweatshirt at work.

20170205_144536.jpg

Another thing that's not happening enough is targeting MTL vapers with products that are relevent to them besides beginner stuff. I shopped rda's a lot and it ends up that the SV style is the only atomizer I use. The manufacturers are compromizing almost everything they make to appeal to the perceptions that higher watts and lots of air flow are always desirable, too bad it has to be that way.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Who is asking the question?

Never the less here are a couple of ideas I put on the forum a few minutes ago.
I'm looking for a cheap bottle roller to mix e liquid. This technique has been used for many years in various applications but the equipment is silly expensive and doesn't need to be for mixing e liquid.
Here is an example, one of many
maxresdefault.jpg

I modified a faux leather case today so i could carry a pico on a lanyard under a sweatshirt at work.

View attachment 633295

Another thing that's not happening enough is targeting MTL vapers with products that are relevent to them besides beginner stuff. I shopped rda's a lot and it ends up that the SV style is the only atomizer I use. The manufacturers are compromizing almost everything they make to appeal to the perceptions that higher watts and lots of air flow are always desirable, too bad it has to be that way.
This is the MarkBugs forum, makers of the chalice, gem, charm, etc. so atomizers and the like.

Reactions: dragos77

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
This is the MarkBugs forum, makers of the chalice, gem, charm, etc. so atomizers and the like.
I looked at the markbugs website. Oops, not my demographic. Probably I should shut up but that's not easy for me.

To markbugs. What dominates my thinking is gratitude that i'm not a smoker any more and hoping i might encourage other smokers to get to the same place. There is no bling in my vape. The only way my rig looks good is if you think an F117 is graceful.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
You may be presuming innacurately about Mark Bugs stuff.

Form follows function.

They've released truly innovative gear - mods and tanks and rdas that are NOTHING like preceding designs. And they're well known for astonishing metal work.

They've broken new ground with airflow that I've experienced personally.
Never got any of the mods, but they're well reviewed, and I don't do tanks anymore...so I don't think i actually HAVE any MB gear now - but just wanted to throw in a kind of impartial comment...

I'm gonna think up something though - if anyone could build me the perfect squonking RDA, I bet he could. Pretty sure my preferences are unusual though - so I want to consider what would actually SELL enough to make before I describe it!

I looked at the markbugs website. Oops, not my demographic. Probably I should shut up but that's not easy for me.

To markbugs. What dominates my thinking is gratitude that i'm not a smoker any more and hoping i might encourage other smokers to get to the same place. There is no bling in my vape. The only way my rig looks good is if you think an F117 is graceful.

Reactions: Lessifer

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
You may be presuming innacurately about Mark Bugs stuff.

Form follows function.

They've released truly innovative gear - mods and tanks and rdas that are NOTHING like preceding designs. And they're well known for astonishing metal work.

They've broken new ground with airflow that I've experienced personally.
Never got any of the mods, but they're well reviewed, and I don't do tanks anymore...so I don't think i actually HAVE any MB gear now - but just wanted to throw in a kind of impartial comment...

I'm gonna think up something though - if anyone could build me the perfect squonking RDA, I bet he could. Pretty sure my preferences are unusual though - so I want to consider what would actually SELL enough to make before I describe it!
I am not dissing MB in any way. I responded before i realized what part of the business the company does. I've always had a genius for being out of step with the market. It's not enough to be right, the market has to agree with you. Right now tanks are the rage and what do I want? An rda with a low parts count, that's good at picking up low percentage of flavor, optimized for single coils and MTL, and that i can prevent from leaking in my pocket. Right now that would seem to be the SV style rda. I'm still on the lookout for another. So few people want the SV that FT discontinued them, sigh. Don't listen to me, I'm always wrong.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
LOL - I'm a "niche vaper" myself.
I run single-battery mech squonkers...I need RDA's that drain, preferably dual coil and close to the deck, medium-airy, flavor focus and no big builds...

Here's some classic flavor atties I had - MTL and 1-coil fine. But these are "skinny" ones...14 and 18 mm, etc.
And in front? Mark Bugs Chalice - which pushed them all aside!
(Hey - you might WANT a Chalice. Or a Cyclone for that matter...)
collection2.JPG

I am not dissing MB in any way. I responded before i realized what part of the business the company does. I've always had a genius for being out of step with the market. It's not enough to be right, the market has to agree with you. Right now tanks are the rage and what do I want? An rda with a low parts count, that's good at picking up low percentage of flavor, optimized for single coils and MTL, and that i can prevent from leaking in my pocket. Right now that would seem to be the SV style rda. I'm still on the lookout for another. So few people want the SV that FT discontinued them, sigh. Don't listen to me, I'm always wrong.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
SO, OK - what would I love to see from MB?

A kind of "simplified Charm".
Optimized for bottom feeding. Most people, I think, who are squonking the Charm, are closing off the bottom airflow. It is, by all accounts an amazingly versatile atty, with great flavor. It's just really BIG for me, and a bit complex for what I want... As noted above, a few things of value specifically to a bottom feeder include:

- leakproof airflow. I love some from the top, some "high on the side"...haven't been knocked out yet with channelled bottom air on a bottom-feeding atty...

- Coil location down by the deck. We need to wick a lot of juice, but don't want to pump 4 mls into the atty to do it. When it's low, I can more easily soak my wick/coil.

- No deep reservoir - we want excess liquid to drain back out. Otherwise it gets "cooked"...

- Nice big squonk hole. Big fat pin with a big fat hole in it.

- AFC that works from MTL to DL, and nice if it also can close off for transport, if it's fairly resistant to condensate becoming a leak, and if it's adjustable without fuss, but not so loose as to lose it's place.

There ya go!!

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
LOL - I'm a "niche vaper" myself.
I run single-battery mech squonkers...I need RDA's that drain, preferably dual coil and close to the deck, medium-airy, flavor focus and no big builds...

Here's some classic flavor atties I had - MTL and 1-coil fine. But these are "skinny" ones...14 and 18 mm, etc.
And in front? Mark Bugs Chalice - which pushed them all aside!
(Hey - you might WANT a Chalice. Or a Cyclone for that matter...)
View attachment 633363
I once owned a company that made products for the end user, another way of saying consumer I suppose. Most of the new product suggestions were for things that nobody wanted except the person suggesting it. Or they wanted me to make something that nobody would have except for them so they could have something nobody else had. So I'm thinking, what can I suggest to a company who is in the same position I used to be in and knowing what i know. What I had to do is decide who i wanted for customers then do a great job for them and not worry about everybody else. Usually that meant doing things for the customer he wanted but didn't know how to ask. I tried to make products that would generate good word of mouth, the gold standard in marketing.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Mark Bugs
If you make tanks or considering doing them this is my idea.
Many of us have a large supply of joyetech clr's which is a rebuildable coil and the ego one 4ml mega tank .
The joyetech mega tank is bottom airflow and every other refill the atomizer needs to be unscrewed and bottom air flow cap washed out for excess e-liquid otherwise it will leak out the airflow slot.

Would like to see a tank that accepts joyetech clr coils along with being a top fill , that somehow drains any extra fluid back into the tank itself.
Currently only other tank that accepts joyetech clr coils are the wismec amor (similar design) and the italian made very expensive (over 100.00) i forget what they call it. There is one other that comes to mind with an adapter to use the joyetech clrs but its a similar design as well.

There are a lot of folks that use Joyetech's ego one setups and i personally think this type of tank if made would be a hit . One that drains the excess fluid back into tank and a top tank refill. Just tank a look at the ego one tank series clr thread and you can see a portion of the many followers.

dragos77

Moved On
Aug 9, 2011
romania

Yes, we are all vapers and proud to be like that!
Thanks for your input!

dragos77

Moved On
Aug 9, 2011
romania
SO, OK - what would I love to see from MB?

A kind of "simplified Charm".
Optimized for bottom feeding. Most people, I think, who are squonking the Charm, are closing off the bottom airflow. It is, by all accounts an amazingly versatile atty, with great flavor. It's just really BIG for me, and a bit complex for what I want... As noted above, a few things of value specifically to a bottom feeder include:

- leakproof airflow. I love some from the top, some "high on the side"...haven't been knocked out yet with channelled bottom air on a bottom-feeding atty...

- Coil location down by the deck. We need to wick a lot of juice, but don't want to pump 4 mls into the atty to do it. When it's low, I can more easily soak my wick/coil.

- No deep reservoir - we want excess liquid to drain back out. Otherwise it gets "cooked"...

- Nice big squonk hole. Big fat pin with a big fat hole in it.

- AFC that works from MTL to DL, and nice if it also can close off for transport, if it's fairly resistant to condensate becoming a leak, and if it's adjustable without fuss, but not so loose as to lose it's place.

There ya go!!

That could be an idea... we probably can do that!

Reactions: Train2

dragos77

Moved On
Aug 9, 2011
romania
Mark Bugs
If you make tanks or considering doing them this is my idea.
Many of us have a large supply of joyetech clr's which is a rebuildable coil and the ego one 4ml mega tank .
The joyetech mega tank is bottom airflow and every other refill the atomizer needs to be unscrewed and bottom air flow cap washed out for excess e-liquid otherwise it will leak out the airflow slot.

Would like to see a tank that accepts joyetech clr coils along with being a top fill , that somehow drains any extra fluid back into the tank itself.
Currently only other tank that accepts joyetech clr coils are the wismec amor (similar design) and the italian made very expensive (over 100.00) i forget what they call it. There is one other that comes to mind with an adapter to use the joyetech clrs but its a similar design as well.

There are a lot of folks that use Joyetech's ego one setups and i personally think this type of tank if made would be a hit . One that drains the excess fluid back into tank and a top tank refill. Just tank a look at the ego one tank series clr thread and you can see a portion of the many followers.

That can be done also... are this coils performing well?

Are there any other coils that we can look at?
It is an idea that is on our plans for some time ...

A-C-E

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2015
Austria
Side by Side mod with "modern" efficient chip like Dicodes 60 or DNA 60.
Something very compact like the discontinued XVo stick from Chels or the discontinued Minion Mod.
GEM ist such a nice tiny atty, mounting it on an amulet not only looks awkward but also is uncomfortable in the pocket. Amulet is nice but it is the same format as a million other mods...

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
That can be done also... are this coils performing well?

Are there any other coils that we can look at?
It is an idea that is on our plans for some time ...

Yes the coils perform excellent there are .5ohm clr and 1.00ohm clr coils for the tank the .5 ohm has a bigger airhole underneath and the 1ohm coil has a smaller airhole , they are rebuildable and advertised as such i rebuid them for personal use.
But like i mention each tank fill i have to rinse out the bottom cap as some of the unburnt e-liquid will go down past the coil and into the cap.
Would be nice if a design could be made for the e-liquid to go back into tank instead of the bottom cap which if not cleaned often will leak out the airholes.
The Pico tank has a adapter
to accept joyetech clr coil heads(seperately bought) but basically same type of design were it would do the same thing.
Joyetech makes the clr coils which are rebuildabe and cl coils which are not, the clr coild perform woderful just need a tank to match !

A-C-E

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2015
Austria
Ready made coils have a more or less short lifespan - and I do not mean how long a single coil lasts but as a product cycle. There are few coil systems on the market that are generally available, to the liking of the customers and not limited by marketing decisions of the vendor (new atty needs new coils...).
Will you find customers for a premium product with ready made coils? Sure, vapor giant go from nikovapor proves it. Those guys have the third iteration of their atty (Go 3)and already needed to change coil system... They have priced the atty significantly lower to make it distinctly attractive compared to their RTAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread