Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I
And the last. For the last few days I've only been smoking that get out of bed cig... and I just put my last one out. When I got down to 2 per day I decided ready or not that when the pack was gone, that was it, no more. And lucky enough it worked out until this morning, the day of It's arrival. 7 hours, 18 minutes til I go to the post office. Not that I'm counting. Until then I'm going to have to get me one of those fancy, counter, calculator, spend your money on a milestone sig graphics. And hopefully I get the other email today that says 'Your order has shipped from VaporForce'.

I think one of the reasons I quit so fast was that I had no cigarettes. If I ever had a craving I could talk myself out of it before I got my act together to go to the store.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
I think one of the reasons I quit so fast was that I had no cigarettes. If I ever had a craving I could talk myself out of it before I got my act together to go to the store.

I wish that were the case for me. Most things that people get addicted to (beer, coffee, etc) I've never had a problem with. Cigs were a different matter altogether. Walk a mile for a Camel? Maybe not for a Camel, but if I was craving it could be the blizzard of the century that got pushed in by the worst hurricane mankind has ever known & I'd be headed to the store regardless. Quitting before was ridiculously hard. Gum & patches never worked, I usually had to take the 'be an ...... for a week or 2' approach. Cutting back never worked either, which was the thing that surprised me the most when I started vaping. I wasn't even trying to quit, just hopefully save some money & not have to step out of the shop every hour (piles of sawdust are an amazing motivator when it comes to not smoking in a building you own), but I went from 30-40 to 10-12 almost immediately & that's when I thought I'd make a little effort to cut down further. From 10 to 1-2 was a steady, but fairly easy process, it was that morning cig that was getting me most. But the pack is empty, the ashtray is dumped & It will be here soon (5 hours, 17 minutes... nope, still not counting). Tomorrow morning will be the toughest, but I'm ready for it.

I found a counter, but too bad it didn't take time into account. Oh well, I saved an extra few bucks which may come in handy on the 3 or 6 month anniversary when I splurge on something I shouldn't :)

Edit: Ok, it was driving me nuts. I found a better banner.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Edit: Ok, it was driving me nuts. I found a better banner.

When the time is right...

You're allowed a quit banner and a graphic in your signature. (You don't have to use this one, it's a prototype.)

zv2.gif

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
When the time is right...

You're allowed a quit banner and a graphic in your signature. (You don't have to use this one, it's a prototype.)

zv2.gif

I like where that one's headed, pun intended :) So hard to find a bobcat pic that's not snarling or made to look 'scary'. Have you thought about making a stealth-styled Provarinati logo for the center by chance?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I like where that one's headed, pun intended :) So hard to find a bobcat pic that's not snarling or made to look 'scary'. Have you thought about making a stealth-styled Provarinati logo for the center by chance?

I'm not crazy about how the ProVarinati sigil reduces, but that's just me.

xypd.gif

ETA:Although I suppose I could combine them.

ja3.gif

Last edited:

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
I couldn't find the other one.

ETA: I found it.

lncy.gif

Except almost everyone else uses the other one.

Sold! :) TY

Edit: Unfortunately, it won't let me use the counter & the stealth at the same time. I've got it saved so when I get sick of the counter it'll be available, but no dice now.

Edit2: Still not counting (3 hours, 11 minutes)

Last edited:

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Ah! Good one. Well that is this photo reduced, of course....

IMAG0732_1_zpsab10862c.jpg

Much to the Ocelot's chagrin, the beverage there is a Crown Black. The Ocelot has lost respect for me since I have a taste for both blended and single malt whiskey. Although this weekend I was enjoying some very nice Dewar's 12. That is one tasty single malt, let me tell you! I also enjoy their White Label from time to time.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I wish that were the case for me. Most things that people get addicted to (beer, coffee, etc) I've never had a problem with. Cigs were a different matter altogether. Walk a mile for a Camel? Maybe not for a Camel, but if I was craving it could be the blizzard of the century that got pushed in by the worst hurricane mankind has ever known & I'd be headed to the store regardless. Quitting before was ridiculously hard. Gum & patches never worked, I usually had to take the 'be an ...... for a week or 2' approach. Cutting back never worked either, which was the thing that surprised me the most when I started vaping. I wasn't even trying to quit, just hopefully save some money & not have to step out of the shop every hour (piles of sawdust are an amazing motivator when it comes to not smoking in a building you own), but I went from 30-40 to 10-12 almost immediately & that's when I thought I'd make a little effort to cut down further. From 10 to 1-2 was a steady, but fairly easy process, it was that morning cig that was getting me most. But the pack is empty, the ashtray is dumped & It will be here soon (5 hours, 17 minutes... nope, still not counting). Tomorrow morning will be the toughest, but I'm ready for it.

I totally relate to this!! I was so addicted, the thought of quitting was enough to double my smoking just from thinking about it. Vaping really saved me, the biggest and most amazing part being that every few days, I'll want a cig, take a hit, and think... "why did I want these so bad?"... and be able to put it out:). That's not something I could do before...

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Much to the Ocelot's chagrin, the beverage there is a Crown Black. The Ocelot has lost respect for me since I have a taste for both blended and single malt whiskey. Although this weekend I was enjoying some very nice Dewar's 12. That is one tasty single malt, let me tell you! I also enjoy their White Label from time to time.

Yeah, I recall seeing it in another thread. I used to dig the Crown Special Reserve, but then I discovered Pendleton's for my blended whiskey of choice. Currently the favorite in my cabinet is Dalwhinnie's 15 year old single malt. I do believe I've tried the Dewar's at one point, but I'm having a tough time recalling it at the moment... see my next post for exactly why.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Yeah, I recall seeing it in another thread. I used to dig the Crown Special Reserve, but then I discovered Pendleton's for my blended whiskey of choice. Currently the favorite in my cabinet is Dalwhinnie's 15 year old single malt. I do believe I've tried the Dewar's at one point, but I'm having a tough time recalling it at the moment... see my next post for exactly why.

Usually only Ocelot makes me feel completely lost after making a point. But I am completely dumbfounded and unable connect your post here with the next one.

That said, I will have to try Dalwhinnie's 15 and give you my comparison between that and Dewar's 12.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Yeah, I got it right away. Did you forget what happens when you got your first ProVari? Remember that period of time when nothing else matters?

Usually only Ocelot makes me feel completely lost after making a point. But I am completely dumbfounded and unable connect your post here with the next one.

That said, I will have to try Dalwhinnie's 15 and give you my comparison between that and Dewar's 12.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Now perhaps someone could help me out with a Provari technical question that I didn't see in the manual. I unpacked everything, took the obligatory photo, charged the batteries to full, installed the batteries, assembled & filled the ProTank2 with a new liquid (V4L's WOW Coffee, if it is possibly pertinent), checked the atomizer's resistance, adjusted the voltage a few times while taking some vapes. With me so far? Now my question is, how do you put it down? You know, remove it from your hand, leave it on the desk & take a couple steps away?

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
Now perhaps someone could help me out with a Provari technical question that I didn't see in the manual. I unpacked everything, took the obligatory photo, charged the batteries to full, installed the batteries, assembled & filled the ProTank2 with a new liquid (V4L's WOW Coffee, if it is possibly pertinent), checked the atomizer's resistance, adjusted the voltage a few times while taking some vapes. With me so far? Now my question is, how do you put it down? You know, remove it from your hand, leave it on the desk & take a couple steps away?

Ummm. the answer is.... 42 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread