What makes the woodvill such a sought after mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
So I've read the jokes, but SERIOUSLY, what is a Woodville sale day like?
Do you pick one from a photo, put it in your cart and go to pay, only then to find out someone beat you to it?
Do they sell out in 10 minutes? An hour? 6 hours?
Do you have to pick one you don't think other people will want?

I did not participate in the last sale night. I did, however, read the threads regarding it after the fact. - It seemed to me that it was a lot different then the VVW sale night.... First, Rob got better web hosting so the website handled the traffic just fine. And, it seemed to me that he must have spread out the listings because there was a lot less stress for folks who just couldn't be available 'when the doors opened'. It appeared to be a lot less chaotic than the sale night I did participate in.

VVW night was tough for a lot of folks. The website couldn't handle the traffic and there was just a whole lot of confusions with folks not certain their orders went through and those who purchased more than one not sure if they had been fast enough to get everything in their carts... etc etc etc - Had the web host been up to the task, I would guess all of those ~150 VVW's would have been gone in 15 minutes. As it was, it took a couple of hours. I think I am the only one who got one who had an easy time. I must have had some good karma saved up... and part of it might have been the fact I wasn't interested in any specific wood. I didn't have my heart set on any specific VVW. I just went to the last page where there were only maybe 6 or so on the page and picked one pretty much at random. So, I think the fewer items on that page meant less data for the web host to struggle to feed my web browser... and maybe bloodwood wasn't a super-popular choice that 50 people all wanted - oh, plus there was one other bloodwood on an earlier page. Maybe if a few folks had their eye on that particular wood, they went for the one on page 4 or whatever.... tough to speculate.

My only advice is to watch the threads where Rob starts posting pictures... decide your first, second, and third choice ahead of time.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
When ever Rob decides to let them go.
Your bad Ray

When do wood Reos become available? Is it only a certain time of year?
I am shooting for early February I just started building it takes time . There is no set time last year there was only one wood mod sale . I hope to do a couple this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread