What model Evod do I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Kangertech-Evod-Starter-Kit-Vape-Mods-1100mAh-E-Cig-Starter-kit__46023.1491541124.1280.1280.JPG

Kanger Evod (original)

evod-2-colors.png

Kanger Evod 2

EVOD Dual Coil Tank Specs & Features:
  • Upgraded Coils: Dual bottom coil 1.5ohm
  • Tank Capacity: 2.5ML
  • Resistance: 1.5ohm

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I have an Evod (might not be authentic) and need coils, but not sure which one I have (evod1 or evod2) It is narrow pen type with built-in glass drip tip. Do they both use same coils?
There were a couple versions of evod coils. I suspect because it was discovered that the first version could be rewicked. One more of those instances where some misguided marketing ..... ruins a product because they think keeping people trapped will make them more money when in fact it just makes them leave.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Yes, version 1. I found two coils, both look similar: MT32 and SOCC. Will either work (both say for original evod) Truth is, I never liked the evod, but I also got bad coils from local shop (they had them loose in a cardboard box) and they don't show what resistance they are (might have been too high for my use) Another issue was my juice might have been too thick... now I mix with some 50/50 to solve coil issues. I this thing worth it? I just need it as a backup for now.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Yes, version 1. I found two coils, both look similar: MT32 and SOCC. Will either work (both say for original evod) Truth is, I never liked the evod, but I also got bad coils from local shop (they had them loose in a cardboard box) and they don't show what resistance they are (might have been too high for my use) Another issue was my juice might have been too thick... now I mix with some 50/50 to solve coil issues. I this thing worth it? I just need it as a backup for now.
    A good working evod is competitive vape quality wise with most pod systems of the same size and coil/wick design. They’re simply more modular. Whether that is “good enough” is a value judgement you’d have to make for yourself.

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2014
    Canada
    mt32 will work with your evod. There's also plenty vids on you tube showing how to rebuild them. They work really well when rebuilt and I used them happily for years. Not in that tank though.

I found evod coils worked much,much better when recoiled/wicked.When I used to buy/use them I'd just recoil/wick them right away and not bother with their stock insides.:)

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2019
    London
    I found evod coils worked much,much better when recoiled/wicked.When I used to buy/use them I'd just recoil/wick them right away and not bother with their stock insides.:)

Yeah I would gut them straight away and rebuild them. I bought a wad from FT and they only needed binned if ya burned the insulator. Happy days really.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Wow! Rebuild them... wish I didn't throw all those "bad" coils away. Watched a couple videos and can't wait to try this. Thanks for the tip.
    I’ve still got a jar full of them somewhere. They were cheap to begin with so rebuilding wasn’t that critical to me. Being ABLE to was though because it provided a safety system if they stopped making them. They never did so it was never needed and the jar got pretty full.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Hey, totally did my homework (watched a bunch of videos) and will rebuild these coils, but for now I have a quick question. I have a few new juices I want to sample, but can't do this with my PockeX without emptying the tank, cleaning coil, ect. Can I do a quick "rewick" of the Evod coil using regular cotton I have around the house? Just want to try one juice, clean coil and tank, rewick and try another (going to order proper wire and cotton soon) This is such a cool way to introduce myself to coil building... I'm hooked big time.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2019
    London
    You can yes, although organic unbleached cotton is generally regarded as the way to go, be it plain old cotton balls, make up pads etc. I've used plain old bleached cotton balls in the past. They can taste a bit cottony until ya get some juice through them.

I read somewhere some guy was asking if he could just cut up some old jeans. That I wouldn't recommend. :cry:

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I promise not to use old jeans. Because of my first experiences with the evod, I almost threw it away! I kept reading how people actually like it, but mostly my fault because I didn't know what I was doing. Tiny crappy little coils, but nice you can take them apart... too bad I can't do that with my pockex coils (might destroy one just to see what's inside)

Reactions: stols001

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2014
    Canada
    ...This is such a cool way to introduce myself to coil building... I'm hooked big time...

It is...I remember when my first recoil worked (the first few shorted out on the wall) it was GREAT! After getting the hang of it I bought my first real rebuildable,a Kayfun Lite clone and I haven't looked back.:)

Coil building isn't really that difficult with a little time,patience and practice you'll get there in no time!

Good Luck!!!

• Optimistic
    Reactions: DPLongo22

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2019
    London
    For a bigger tank using the same coils have a look at the Smok Trophy v2. I haven't used it myself but it looks good from reviews. One other point worth mentioning. A lot of these coils look the same and actually are the same but for one difference. The chimneys. If you burn an insulator and are binning the coil keep all the chimneys which fit your tank.

That way if you end up with coils which don't fit just swap over the chimneys.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread