My final list on tanks is:

kayfun V5 clone (already ordered)
Ijoy Limitless RDTA
Griffin 25

Mods:

Cuboid 150W
Wismec 200S
But this is not final on Mods!

Please vote what mod would you buy or already have so I can make my final decision.

Also thinking to try builds with stainless steel (I've seen a lot of videos people say gives the best flavor no matter is it in TC or not)
And clapton coils.
What gauge ss wire you recommend 26 or 28g and the same for clapton wire?
Thanks!
I am about ready to pull the trigger on some things as well. Was thinking of trying the Griffin and the Limitless tanks, but still can't decide on a mod.

My one concern with the Cuboid, is the size. The Griffin tank is 25mm, the Limitless is 24mm, so, they would both have significant overhang on that mod, wouldn't they? The Cubis tank looks like it fits perfectly on there, and it is only 22mm.

I am curious what mod would work better for the thicker tank size? I would really like to get a couple mods, that would work with about everything.

Anyways, look forward to hearing more feedback!

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
I am about ready to pull the trigger on some things as well. Was thinking of trying the Griffin and the Limitless tanks, but still can't decide on a mod.

My one concern with the Cuboid, is the size. The Griffin tank is 25mm, the Limitless is 24mm, so, they would both have significant overhang on that mod, wouldn't they? The Cubis tank looks like it fits perfectly on there, and it is only 22mm.

I am curious what mod would work better for the thicker tank size? I would really like to get a couple mods, that would work with about everything.

Anyways, look forward to hearing more feedback!

There are some pics online cuboid with griffin 25 and limitless. Overhang is 1mm maybe even less. Barely noticeable.

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
Have to clean out the 510 sometimes. I like it for the 2 18650s and good temp. control.

And it looks nice. I like the screen. Wismec is not that beautiful like cuboid. And Im not gonna need 3 batteries mod Im not planning to go that high on wattage thats why Im thinking to go with cuboid. [emoji41]

MattVid

Aug 6, 2015
Seattle, WA, USA
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I couldn't wait anymore, the anxiety is killing me, lol.

I went ahead and blew around $180 bucks on stuff! I got the Griffin 25 and the Limitless tanks. I picked up the Cuboid as well. Bought a bunch of cotton, wire, tweezers, batteries, and other crap too.

I was reading a post on reddit about the Griffin and Cuboid combination, and it didn't seem like the overhang was very noticeable (people say that the actual base of the Griffin was more on the order of 24mm).

Will see how this works out, hopefully well! Still going to be looking around for another base/mod at some point too. The Cuboid definitely seems like a solid choice. Thanks again!

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I couldn't wait anymore, the anxiety is killing me, lol.

I went ahead and blew around $180 bucks on stuff! I got the Griffin 25 and the Limitless tanks. I picked up the Cuboid as well. Bought a bunch of cotton, wire, tweezers, batteries, and other crap too.

I was reading a post on reddit about the Griffin and Cuboid combination, and it didn't seem like the overhang was very noticeable (people say that the actual base of the Griffin was more on the order of 24mm).

Will see how this works out, hopefully well! Still going to be looking around for another base/mod at some point too. The Cuboid definitely seems like a solid choice. Thanks again!

Im gonna end up with the same things by the end of next week plus I bought Kayfun V5 clone. All I need is to finally mix some good ejuice and Im good. [emoji41][emoji106]

MattVid

Aug 6, 2015
Seattle, WA, USA
Im gonna end up with the same things by the end of next week plus I bought Kayfun V5 clone. All I need is to finally mix some good ejuice and Im good. [emoji41][emoji106]
Sweet. I will try to remember to post some pictures of everything after I get it in. I am sure it will be beneficial if you haven't already bought them ;) Will probably be next week. Really busy this summer, so there might be a delay on that ...

Funny, just got my 1 year anniversary alert on these forums ... right when buying my next vape setup. Thanks everyone! :)

EDIT: And holy crap, my stuff is already shipped!

Last edited:
Reactions: Eskie

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
Kayfun V5 clone. So far not bad. I destroyed both of the coils that came with it. RBA deck is kind of too tight.
For all of you MTL vapers this tank can be used for it. Even at 4 dots airflow its still tighthter draw than Kanger Subtank Mini. On 1 or 2 can definitelly be used for MTL.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    910.3 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: GemInEye

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
Kayfun V5 clone. So far not bad. I destroyed both of the coils that came with it. RBA deck is kind of too tight.
For all of you MTL vapers this tank can be used for it. Even at 4 dots airflow its still tighthter draw than Kanger Subtank Mini. On 1 or 2 can definitelly be used for MTL.

I have one of these on the way. It will be my first Kayfun..Being a MTL i figured i have to at least try a kayfun at some point. I was always hesitant because of all the pieces and no afc and top filling. So when the v5 came out I thought there is one i can try. I will try it without the MTL adapter but if i need it i will have to find out where to get it. Have you found that this rta is leaking or power hungry at all? I had a steamcrave and while that didnt leak i had to use it at higher temps than what i was comfortable with.

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
I have one of these on the way. It will be my first Kayfun..Being a MTL i figured i have to at least try a kayfun at some point. I was always hesitant because of all the pieces and no afc and top filling. So when the v5 came out I thought there is one i can try. I will try it without the MTL adapter but if i need it i will have to find out where to get it. Have you found that this rta is leaking or power hungry at all? I had a steamcrave and while that didnt leak i had to use it at higher temps than what i was comfortable with.

I think you gonna be ok with MTL without the adapter. If I put it on 1 dot airflow its really tight drag. Even or 4 is still tight a little. I've builded 0.8ohm coil with 28g kanthal but 2 coils that came with were at least 1-1.2ohm. Unfortunately I had a bad day and I was nervous so I destroyed them both without getting a chance to try them out. I dont think it requires a lot of power I vape at 19W but it drinks juice moderate. Not too fast but you can see it coming down. No leakage noticed so far. I think it will barely leak if so just because of the way how it is build.

MattVid

Aug 6, 2015
Seattle, WA, USA
@MC Vape
Got my stuff in today, great birthday present for myself, haha. Here are some pictures. The Griffin 25 and the Limitless fit great on the Cuboid. Basically, zero overhang. Have only built the Griffin 25 coils up so far, moving from Wattage control only to this, is a large step. Time to go try building some TC coils on the Limitless.

Griffin 25 and Cuboid:
Griffin 25 and Cuboid.jpg

Limitless and Cuboid:
Limitless and Cuboid.jpg

Disclaimer: Had to downgrade the quality from my phone, so sorry for the somewhat blurry/crappy pictures. No clue what the upload limit size is.

Overall, pretty happy thus far. Only complaints are, the Cuboid screen was somewhat scratched up when receiving it. I am not sure why they wrap plastic on the metal, and not the screen portion. The plastic is obviously going to scratch much easier in shipping.

I don't like that the fire button on the cuboid is on the opposite side of the mod than my Kanger Subtank Mini. Just some getting used to, I guess, but it feel more natural to hold it and fire with your thumb (and you can grip it better with your index finger on the top of the mod, to prevent drops.

Fire button on the Cuboid has a slight rattle. The battery door on the Cuboid doesn't sit flush with the base, so there is some wobble when setting it upright on a table.

Other than that, everything seems to be working great!

Last edited:

Tonny Chen

Multiple ID Suspension
Aug 9, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company

MattVid

Aug 6, 2015
Seattle, WA, USA
I wish they catch them and they get a cancer and die in prison. ... is going on with this planet?! I am even sure they don't even vape they just stole random package. Ugh!
Sorry to hear that, sucks, big time. I ask myself similar questions all the time. I have found, when something is stolen, it is 1000 times more work to catch the person than the cost of the item stolen. It is the sad world we live in.

Good luck on getting your stuff back, or on your next order. So far so good with my setup. I am getting a little leaking, but I mainly think my wicking on the new velocity decks is poor. Need to practice more!

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
Sorry to hear that, sucks, big time. I ask myself similar questions all the time. I have found, when something is stolen, it is 1000 times more work to catch the person than the cost of the item stolen. It is the sad world we live in.

Good luck on getting your stuff back, or on your next order. So far so good with my setup. I am getting a little leaking, but I mainly think my wicking on the new velocity decks is poor. Need to practice more!

Kayfun V5 doesnt leak at all. Its a good thing you can even close juice holes if you dont vape so its very good tank.
I still cant believe people can go that far to steal someones mail even if they dont know whats inside and whats the value of it. They just made me feel miserable like you expect a gift from Santa and you wake up in the morning and dont get one.

Reactions: NavVet1969

MattVid

Aug 6, 2015
Seattle, WA, USA
Kayfun V5 doesnt leak at all. Its a good thing you can even close juice holes if you dont vape so its very good tank.
Nice. I may have to look into buying one of those. Is that a 2 post build in that tank?

Since I last posted, I built up the Limitless tank and this things rocks. Tried my first SS316L build, and it seems to be working nice. First time doing temperature control ... and I am loving it. Not even sure I will go back to the Griffin 25, haha.

I am going to rebuild the Griffin 25 correctly tonight and see if I can get it to stop leaking (and with TC coils). The leak is very minor, and is because my wicks are not going down far enough in the channels, I think. Also have to make sure they clear the air holes, or it will also leak.

Overall, I feel like the Limitless is much easier to build on. I will post again after I get the builds figured out and more time with the Limitless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread