What now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chajo

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2018
Winter Park, FL
A few months back I bought my second vape kit - Kroma-A & Innokin Zenith. I was having only one issue with it - up until today, that is.

NEW issue - turned on the mod today and it is now displaying temperature, not wattage. I can't seem to change it back. Went to the supplier web site - and none of the videos there address how to switch back to wattage and what the heck the temperature should be defaulted to, if I could get the wattage to display. It doesn't help that they don't even offer manuals. HELP!

2nd issue - After non-use of this kit of no more than even 5-6 hours, I have to drag and drag and drag on it before it will produce any vape. Yesterday, it took at least 10 tries, maybe more - I lost count. I used to have this same problem with my previous kit (Aspire Zelos/N-2), but not as bad as with this one.

I am using the 1.6 ohm coil, and had it set for 10.5W, using just two airholes and that combination was working for me - once it would begin to produce vape.

Assuming this is all operator error, what am I doing wrong? I am beginning to think I am not cut out to use any e-cig set up. Thanks.

Chajo

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2018
Winter Park, FL
Glad you got your wattage sorted. If it ever gets mixed up again, try YouTube. That’s a pretty popular kit, I’m sure there are videos that can show you everything you need to know.
If it happens again, I know to take the tank off and put it back on to reset the settings. Maybe there is an easier way, but that was pretty easy!!

Chajo

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2018
Winter Park, FL
What setting is the air flow on the tank? Play around with its settings and see if that helps.

What is the Pg/Vg ratio of your e-liquid? A higher Vg ratio will be thicker and not wick as well.
I use a blend of two different juices, so the mixture is pretty much 50-50 VG/PG. Air flow is on two holes, seems more air is less vape and any less holes is also less vape?? I will play around with it some more...

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
50% PG is making the juice pretty thin so production will seem like less than a thicker juice. Perhaps try a 60/40, 70/30 vg to pg mix and see if that helps.
I have a 50/50 in a pod and it takes a few puffs to get that 'throat hit' feeling and see any output during exhale, but by then I have a pretty good nic-buzz going. :hubba:

How close to full is it when this happens?

Also try closing the holes all the way and see if perhaps you have a leak like the lid isn't shut all the way or something.

Chajo

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2018
Winter Park, FL
How close to full is it when this happens?

Also try closing the holes all the way and see if perhaps you have a leak like the lid isn't shut all the way or something.
I haven't seen any difference in terms of the level in the tank, but I'll pay better attention. It just seems like if it hasn't been used in several hours the same thing happens again and again. I mean, I do need to sleep ya know (lol).

Will check the lid again - just to be sure, but I'm not thinking so...

Reactions: stols001

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Chajo - IMO, based on the Zenith's I have...your 50/50 eliquid shouldn't be the cause of your problem at all.

I'd lean more toward air getting in somewhere on the tank, like suggested above. Is the rotating top completely closed, after you refill the tank? Keep turning it until it stops turning, and see if that helps maybe.

ETA: If that doesn't fix it, you might also want to try sticking a straight pin into each of the air holes you have open, and moving it around a little bit. Sometimes, a tiny piece of lint, or other matter, can get into the air holes. I've had that happen before while carrying my mod with a Berserker RTA on it, in my pocket. Air holes are similar sizes, so it could happen with the Zenith, too.

Last edited:

Chajo

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2018
Winter Park, FL
Thanks all! Seems to be working OK now. :thumb: All good info for next time it happens!

@Chajo - Is the rotating top completely closed, after you refill the tank? Keep turning it until it stops turning, and see if that helps maybe.

ETA: If that doesn't fix it, you might also want to try sticking a straight pin into each of the air holes you have open, and moving it around a little bit. Sometimes, a tiny piece of lint, or other matter, can get into the air holes. I've had that happen before while carrying my mod with a Berserker RTA on it, in my pocket. Air holes are similar sizes, so it could happen with the Zenith, too.

I opened up the top and reclosed it just in case... Haven't yet done the straight pin, but will keep that 'in my back pocket' for next time.

Have you tried increasing power? The 1.6Ω head range is 10w - 14w
Bump it up a watt or two, take a few vapes, repeat..

When was the last time you thoroughly cleaned the 510 connection points & all threading?

I actually had it set at 12W - didn't like it, but now I can't remember why. Will have to try it again, just for a 'refresher' on why.

I wiped the 510 connection points and threading when I changed the coil last. I try to make that part of the coil changing process.

Instead of inhaling, blow through your drip tip - without hitting the fire button. Make sure all airflow holes are open. That will clear out any ejuice in the chamber if that is the problem

I am not sure I have done that with this kit - I repeatedly had to do it with the Aspire/N-2, so don't know why I didn't automatically do the same with this one.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Flooded coil at low watts = little vapour production.
Increase watts and airflow to vaporise excess liquid. Switch back if necessary once working well.
Adjust airflow to suit your vaping style - you may be drawing on the device in such a way that you are pulling in more liquid than you are vaporising.
Increase VG ratio of liquid to restrict wicking.
Increase wattage to use up excess liquid.
Come back if none of the above work.... :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread