Status
Not open for further replies.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
I'm still working on mine. Maybe the ss wick is rolled too tight? I just got some wire, and can produce even heating coils, but not much vapor. I'll have more ss mesh in the mail soon.

What's the scoop on ss wire rope? What is best, 7x7, or 7x19?

Hang in there and keep at it. The rewards are fantastic! I have rolled my wicks extremely tight. Tight to a point where it appears to be almost solid. With regard to wrapping the coil, after a few attempts, I found it to be much easier to wrap the wick in hand, having taken the wick out of the rba.

I made my first initial 4/5 wick/coil combo using #400 SS mesh with 30g Kanthal A-1, which ran great. I think it came in at 1.4 ohms.

Early this morning, I got adventurous and made another one. I made a 5/6 coil using #500 SS mesh with the same wire. This one is coming in at 1.8 ohms. I prefer this latest one over the first. So far, so good.

Sorry, I haven't read anything with regard to SS wire rope, yet. In what manner is it used?

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
Wire rope is used in the same manner as mesh. I've heard good results from it. My current OHM readings aren't as good as yours yet, and I have no hot spots. Yup, I have to keep trying!

Hang in there and keep at it. The rewards are fantastic! I have rolled my wicks extremely tight. Tight to a point where it appears to be almost solid. With regard to wrapping the coil, after a few attempts, I found it to be much easier to wrap the wick in hand, having taken the wick out of the rba.

I made my first initial 4/5 wick/coil combo using #400 SS mesh with 30g Kanthal A-1, which ran great. I think it came in at 1.4 ohms.

Early this morning, I got adventurous and made another one. I made a 5/6 coil using #500 SS mesh with the same wire. This one is coming in at 1.8 ohms. I prefer this latest one over the first. So far, so good.

Sorry, I haven't read anything with regard to SS wire rope, yet. In what manner is it used?

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread