Status
Not open for further replies.

mberlinger3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Hey guys

My homemade dual 18650 dna 40 is at the end of its life. Can someone give me a recommendation for a good TC device? I think my mod is getting a bit dangerous to use so I want to get something in the near future if there's no reason to wait.

I really like the boxer diy but I drop my mod a LOT and don't think it'd fair well. I don't usually vape at high watts (usually let my dna at the max and let the TC limit it). I really like the cloudmaker whiteout in theory but its HUGE but I really want the Ares chip they're working on.

My budget is flexible but I want to be as money conscious as possible for a good device.

mberlinger3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Well my budget is the best bang for the buck. I want to keep it as cheap as possible for a good device. $200 is my absolute highest. After all my DNA trouble I don't really want to get an evolv. The sx350j looks tempting but I can't find a mod that I like. $200 for the sx mini m seems excessive. I was looking at the smok cube 2 tc.

If I'm going to be missing a lot going on the cheaper end then I'll get something a bit pricier. I want very accurate tc because my DNA 40 bounces all over the place.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
The SX Mini Is high but it's a real nice device, I have a couple and are damn near flawless. The IPV4 is nice but a little large it benefits from dual 18650's. Some folks have had problems with the charging board, mine has been solid and they just released the IPV4S. It uses the YiHi SX330-V4S chip and they go for around $80. It seems like most of the people that had issues had juice get into the device. I don't use mine for dripping and I don't use the on board charger.

I have the IPV D2 75 on the way and the price point is great, it uses the YiHi SX130H and the reviews have been pretty good from the folks that got their hands on one. Vivid Smoke has them for $60 and they run a single 18650.

I do own a DNA Flask and honestly they have been pretty solid, well once they went back a couple times because the chips had screen issues. VF is coming out with an SX350 version in a week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread