What should I do here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slevin

May 6, 2022
Atlanta
Hey guys, so I'm pretty new to this whole vaping stuff and am learning as I go along here, but I wanted some input on my situation right now. So I ended up buying a smok Morph 40 (after I bought it I realized smok isn't the best but oh well) and I'm waiting for it to be delivered. Well, I was using a disposable but I just really didn't want to wait so figured in the meantime I'd go buy a small back up until my device gets here. Bought a SMOK Novo 2 (again, I know it's not the best but it is what it is lol) and it's one of those where the coil is built into the pod.
One pod is 1.4ohm and the other is 1.0ohm. I bought a 70/30 VG-PG 3mg nicotine (Grape and blueberry flavor) and put it into the 1.0ohm pod. Man I thought VG was going to be better but when I smoked it after a few times I felt my lungs really tightening up and difficulty breathing, didn't like the feeling so went ahead today and bought a 50/50 PG-VG (Blue Razz Slushie) with 25mg salt nic and put it in the 1.4 and it's waaaaay better I'm not having any issues with that tightening feeling in my lungs or anything. The two juices are different brands as well.
So my problem here is that I wanted to vape primarily 70% VG 30%PG but after what happened I'm not sure if my body can handle that much VG as opposed to the 50/50 salt nic blend. Also, from what I understand salt nic ones have more nicotine than freebase right? Because again I want to vape the least amount of nicotine possible. Do you guys think the reason for my issue has to do with just my body not being used to VG or it's an allergy thing or has something to do with the flavors specifically or what? Because when my Morph 40 comes in I wanted to stick with more VG and less nicotine but now I don't know. You think I should just stick with the 50/50 salt nic or slowly try and build up a tolerance to the 70% VG? Any input or advice here is greatly appreciated and sorry for the long post!

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    12mg/ml freebase nic is pretty much the same as 12 mg/ml salt nic, except salt nic has an added ingredient or chemical that lessens the throat hit that PG applies, and that chemical also makes the nicotine molecules 'smaller' so they get into ones blood quicker and therefor take effect quicker. Now, 12 mg/ml freebase can't be converted to 12 mg/ml salt, because that added ingredient 'brings down' the nic level. For example, a 5% (50 mg/ml) salt nic pod was originally about 60 something mg/ml freebase before that chemical was added to the mixture.

Reactions: Slevin

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Also, from what I understand salt nic ones have more nicotine than freebase right?

Well yes. The freebase juice you bought has 3mg of nicotine per ml of juice and the salts juice you bought has 25mg of nicotine per ml of juice. That's over 8x more nicotine content.

vapingfool

Apr 19, 2022
    As mentioned above, the amount of nicotine does not change - regardless of whether it is freebase or a salt. So 3% freebase will have the same amount of nicotine as 3% salts - although how fast they get absorbed into the blood stream is different.

It is impossible to say what is causing your problem with the freebase, you have too many variables between the two juices. Unfortunately, the only way I know of to find out is to do some experimentation, changing only one thing at a time. It appears the nicotine is probably not the problem, But it could be differences in the various components of the two juices between the vendors, the PG/VG ratio, different wattages, different amounts of airflow or possibly others.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread