Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    This is why I started vaping. Never broke anything b4 and as everyone is so impressed with hardware on here - I thought I'd show off mine :)

IMG_20180321_114309.jpg
    Its a trimalleolar right ankle, that 10 weeks later I'm starting to finally walk on.

Life is amusing, never thought I'd be grateful for something like this to happen but hey it got me to quit smoking

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Ouch!

Sometimes it can be a such a Benign Event.

When I was in College, I look back over my Shoulder while walking down a set of 4 Steps. Put my Foot down wrong and Rolled my Ankle. Thought it was just a Sprain Also. Wasn't. Was a Peroneal Tendon tear.

I Feel for you.

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    This is why I started vaping. Never broke anything b4 and as everyone is so impressed with hardware on here - I thought I'd show off mine :)

Its a trimalleolar right ankle, that 10 weeks later I'm starting to finally walk on.

Life is amusing, never thought I'd be grateful for something like this to happen but hey it got me to quit smoking

AngeNZ, I did just about the same thing to my right ankle in 1999. When I saw an X-ray of mine I still remember thinking something like "wow, look at all those screws!"

I healed up just fine, though my range of motion in that ankle is still about 95% of the left side. I think it's the scar tissue from the dislocation. I had a hip replaced last year and I'm experiencing the same thing with that.

I was smoking back then and didn't stop. No-one ever mentioned that it might benefit me. Couldn't have done it without switching to vaping anyway and there was no vaping back then.

Best of luck with your recovery Ange! And congrats on quitting :toast:

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    A few years ago I slipped on ice in a parking lot. Fractured my right wrist. It didn't require surgery but a "closed reduction" without anesthesia in the doctor's office. Man, that hurt more than the fall did.

To this day, I can predict with 100% accuracy when its going to rain or snow hours before it happens. The range of motion is quite limited, especially when I try to finger pluck my bass guitar. I can't get the appropriate wrist angle we bass player use. Guess I will need to start using a pick.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    A few years ago I slipped on ice in a parking lot. Fractured my right wrist. It didn't require surgery but a "closed reduction" without anesthesia in the doctor's office. Man, that hurt more than the fall did.

To this day, I can predict with 100% accuracy when its going to rain or snow hours before it happens. The range of motion is quite limited, especially when I try to finger pluck my bass guitar. I can't get the appropriate wrist angle we bass player use. Guess I will need to start using a pick.

Without anaesthesia? You are tougher than me. I agree the manipulation certainly hurt more than the initial snap crackle pop. They "tried" to realign mine in the er. Not sure how they went as I jumped so high off the bed. I then got temporalily sedated while they put on the cast.

I really really like the fact I now have an inbuilt weather station in my leg - I hope it works as well as yours :D

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    ouch!

I know you never asked but it seems like a good thread.

The reason I began vaping was a severe traumatic brain injury I suffered way back in 2014. I’m basically back to my good old self and my doc told me it’s a good idea to vape.

I think he was under the impression I’d give up altogether but as long as the oxygen gets around I’m all good!

I pay respect to vaping as contributing to my recovery.

Long live vaping!!!

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    ouch!

I know you never asked but it seems like a good thread.

The reason I began vaping was a severe traumatic brain injury I suffered way back in 2014. I’m basically back to my good old self and my doc told me it’s a good idea to vape.

I think he was under the impression I’d give up altogether but as long as the oxygen gets around I’m all good!

I pay respect to vaping as contributing to my recovery.

Long live vaping!!!

Oh that is awesome, I'm glad to hear you recovered so well! It's always good to hear of others that had to quit due to health. I'm also loving how positive all the medical personnel I've dealt with so far have been about vaping over smoking.

hell_storm2004

ECF Veteran
    Jun 17, 2013
    Richardson, Texas, USA
    That is a nice pic!

I had a motorcycle accident back in college. A bad one at that. Left ear got chopped off. Left F finger's distal phalanx is still dislocated 14 years later. And have a few nice scars here and there.

But that didn't stop me from smoking. I really thought about it when my smoking was getting out of hand about 4 years ago. A pack or more a day almost. So finally jumped on the vaping ship and finally got it down to 2-3 last year, and none last month. So more money to buy vape stuff now!!!

The Brokenwood Mysteries... jolly good show!

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread