Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
A few years ago I slipped on ice in a parking lot. Fractured my right wrist. It didn't require surgery but a "closed reduction" without anesthesia in the doctor's office. Man, that hurt more than the fall did.

To this day, I can predict with 100% accuracy when its going to rain or snow hours before it happens. The range of motion is quite limited, especially when I try to finger pluck my bass guitar. I can't get the appropriate wrist angle we bass player use. Guess I will need to start using a pick.

I broke my ankle from a simple fall in an icy parking lot too Baditude. The thing that got me was I used to be an avid figure skater, skier and long distance cyclist. When I think of all the times I've fallen doing those things I can remember some really 'impressive' ones, and I never broke anything or injured myself past what could heal up in a couple of months. Go figure :rolleyes:

I get no weather forecasts from old injuries anymore, but the ankle did that job for a couple of years. I was also warned I would likely have arthritis develop there in time, but that hasn't happened yet, that I know of. Works for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread