What strength carts for a friend? (she smokes Basics - full flavor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrantH

Oct 29, 2009
Hi! I transitioned from Camel Lights to 8mg carts.

She's been smoking Basic full flavors for probably 25 years. She just had a friend die of lung cancer, and Chantix made her sick.

I want to do this right the first time, and I'd like to get her the right mg of nicotine so she could POSSIBLY start transitioning if she likes the feel of it all.

They sell in mg ranges from 4-36. I was thinking maybe 18, but then again - she smokes full flavors. Any advice?

Thanks!!

G

Gravity

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Sandusky, Ohio, United States
I smoked Marlboro Menthol Lights/Smooths at just under a pack a day. Knowing that I would be vaping more often than I smoked, I stepped down to 11's to start. A lot of people go for 18's to start, and so I got a few flavors in 18, but found them too strong for me and gave me a headache quickly.

I would suggest 18 for your friend, unless she thinks she will be vaping non-stop all day, then maybe 11's.

Best of luck!

jmaul99

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2010
Marietta, GA
I agree with key buy her some 18mg and 24mg to start. I was a 1- 1 1/2 PAD smoker of Marlboro lights for 19 years and I started out by alternating between 12 and 18mg and this worked for me. Since she smokes full flavors and has been smoking longer than I did I think those 2 strengths would be a good starting place then she can drop down over time.

sooperdrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Maine
I agree with key buy her some 18mg and 24mg to start. I was a 1- 1 1/2 PAD smoker of Marlboro lights for 19 years and I started out by alternating between 12 and 18mg and this worked for me. Since she smokes full flavors and has been smoking longer than I did I think those 2 strengths would be a good starting place then she can drop down over time.

^^^^this^^^^

ramsey2toes

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
Racine, WI
I smoked almost 2 packs a day of Newports, clost to basics. I started with 24 and actually a few 36mg. The first couple of days I used the 36mg I wanted to make sure I didn't get the urge for an analog...it worked I haven't had an analog in six months. I even carried my analogs in my purse and i still have a pack in the fridge. I never even thought about trying them again. Now I'm down to 11 mg. We are all different, I always said I'd quit smoking when I could still smoke....I didn't think that would ever be possible in my life time...well I'm glad I was wrong. We are all different and what works for me may or may not for her. Some say the 36 is to strong but I figured to start it couldn't be worse than still smoking analogs. So I went stronger, because I didn't want to take the chance and have any cravings. Also just a FYI V4L smiling menthol is pretty darn good!!!or have her try the menthol sampler. As far as Chantix goes I know too many people that have tried that (and I work in healthcare and almost see this daily) and for some people myself included that can be a wicked drug! But that's just my 2 cents. Good luck and welcome!!! :)

Last edited:

Kimmy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
How many packs a day did she smoke?

Smoking 25 years is an awful long time, deff start with a higher MG, if anything it will help psychologically get her off cigs & if it's too high you can always cut it down. I know in the beginning seeing 24mg on the carto helped me feel like I was getting the nic I needed...and the higher MG has that throat kick which really makes you feel like your smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread