What the {edited} is wrong with this industry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
All so predictable - cottage industry. Goes underground. Sweatshops.

Except for the nic ( and there's ways to get that too ), it's just too ubiquitous to be stopped.
A lathe, wires, batteries, some ingenuity is all that's needed.

Not much different from alcohol. Prohibiting that, well, we all know how that ended.
Reason: it's just too simple. Anything liquid with sugar in it, a glob of yeast, a few weeks patience...

Same here. The smart 'cottagers' will pull the plug in the nick of time. The not-so-smart 'cottagers' will have their plugs pulled by the powers that are. Those who made the transition from 'cottage' to 'serious' are going to slug it out in court ( What the news on that, btw ? ). BT waits till the dust settles and unloads theirs into the market.
And if the Freedom of Information Act holds up, a decade or so down the line BT and BP will be facing lawsuits that are going to make the MSA payments look like chump change...

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Sounds like a lot of people may be overreacting. They have far more significant challenges than figuring out how to impose a nominal charge for samples.

It's speculation at this point. The way the law is written the FDA has the tools in place to put an end to sampling if they choose. We won't know until the FDA tells us how they are going to apply the law.

My guess, for what it's worth, is that in the end sampling will be gone. There will be no legal open systems, and hence no juice to sample.

Joseph Swint

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2014
Canton, Ohio
BT waits till the dust settles and unloads theirs into the market.
And if the Freedom of Information Act holds up, a decade or so down the line BT and BP will be facing lawsuits that are going to make the MSA payments look like chump change...

The BT unloading is already planned. I was speaking with a cigarette industry rep yesterday who told me his company is planning on releasing 315 new flavors of their vapor products in a limited market release before Aug 8th. That way, they're in the market and they have the 2 years before requiring PMTAs while they figure out what to do.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Then Ya Know what? Maybe we Deserve everything that we get.

Because they keep Kicking us in the Gut. And we Don't even Tell them to Stop.

I'm open to suggestions as to how we get people to unite. We keep telling them to stop, but apparently not loud enough.

"A trip of a thousand miles starts with a single step."

It has been my experience that most significant oppositions start with a small number of dissenters who ultimately pay the price for their actions. It takes longer and many will suffer for their actions, but if it grows, it can become a movement.

I'm just not sure in this day and age if there is anybody willing and able to take that first step.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I was under the same impression as someone earlier said about my area not being aware of what is going on. I was trying to get the message to local shops/vapers. I have now decided that while a few are clueless, most do know about regs and the impact. Even most local people who vape, buy at local B&M and never go online seem to be aware and their answer is to stock up in a limited way. They were advised to stock up by their local vape shops.

I think many of the small shops know they cannot pay for the pmta/requirements so they are trying to rake in what they can, while they can. I feel badly for the smokers of the future not being able to easily switch to vaping but I don't feel badly for the vape shops who aren't doing anything about this mess having to close.

I am sure this isn't a popular approach but so be it. I just got tired of beating my head against the wall. Kudos to all of you still fighting the good fight and getting the word out.

Jman8

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 15, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I don't get what consumers are supposed to do about industry at this point.
    I don't fully get what industry is supposed to do at this point, other than comply to over zealous regulations.
    I do see reason for consumers to openly talk about a black market as viable option, without (obviously) getting too specific on where to obtain products in such a market. Just making it known this is the most viable option.
    I see federal government declaring war on vaping. If they do very little or nothing regarding enforcement, we'll pick up on that, and words like "war on vaping" will be seen as hype. If they (Feds/local officials) are making it very well known that they are shutting businesses down for violations of FDA Final Rules, then what are consumers supposed to do?
    ...other than treat it like this is for sure now a war. Might take us a year or two to see victories for vaping enthusiasts, or might take another 50. I think 5 to 15 is realistic.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City

Oberon75

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 26, 2014
    Roseville, Mi, USA
    I think that regardless of what happens, most shops and even juice companies are on borrowed time anyway.

Very few of them have absolutely zero idea what they are doing. If they don't go under after the 8th, they will definitely go under once more states start introducing taxes. Most of these companies make their bread & butter by selling 3 and 6mg juice to young people who suck down 15+ ml a day at $15 to $25 per 30ml. Something they wont be able to do once more states become like Pennsylvania. And none of these newer juice makers are thinking about getting strengths above 6mg on the market before the 8th. Because with taxes like 40%, your average vaper is going to have to raise their nic and lower their watts to drastically cut down on juice consumption.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread