What to do with the lighters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsarrow

Dec 25, 2010
Colorado
So it may be a bit premature, but I am going to go out on a limb and say.. I don't need no stinking lighters no more!

Still, it seems a waste to just throw them away. I mean, as a smoker I was forever losing and refinding, washing and drying, dropping and buying new lighters. I have a myriad of shapes a rainbow of colors, most hardly used because they got put "away" and then I couldn't find them again... so I'd go buy a new one.

I can't bring myself to throw them away, someone will use them. But then I would feel guilty enabling someone elses bad habit (darn that built in guilt feature)

There must be something fun I can do with them.... Ideas?

redsarrow

Dec 25, 2010
Colorado
Encase them in lucite as a memorial to your old, dead, stale smoking smelling self.

But keep one for candles!!

I love that idea.. may have to make some mini shadow boxes.. that would make some intriguing wall art!

JonnyVapΣ;2391000 said:
I used Zippos. They're tucked away safe. The disposables are on grill and candle duty.

Candles are covered.. I have one of those long special for candles and grills lighters in the kitchen for that. And if I didn't have an electric start grill i'd be lost...

Have you considered the Modders Forum, they'll make a PV out of absolutely anything.:laugh:

Now that would be ironic.. and really flipping cool!

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
LOL last night I stopped to put air in my tire and it went like this:

1. OMFG I can't read the gauge because I don't have a flashlight with me and no longer carry a lighter.
2. Damn, I don't use a PV with a LED.
3. I guess I need a flashlight on my keychain thats too small to mod or ..
4. I'll have to retrieve a lighter from fireplace and grill duty.

technovapir

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Seattle, WA, USA
I keep one in the makeup drawer to heat my eyeliner pencil. Makes it go on smoother.

I laughed (snorted) out loud seriously when I read that!! I used to do that too, until I burnt my eyelid one too many times!
Now I buy the soft kind that smudges easily, but it's safer for an impatient girl like me!

Anyway - On topic - we should take all our old lighters down to the airport and leave them at the outdoor smoking area for all those poor smokers who had theirs confiscated by TSA ! I remember always needing one when I got off the plane!

Last edited:

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
Definitely place them safely (away from children) in places for emergency use. I have one in my glove box for example, in case I fly off a snowy cliff, and end up in a ditch and nobody finds me for a while. That way I can light one of my tires as a smoke signal and create a fire for warmth. That is, if I survive the roll down the snowy mountain, which we don't have here in Silicon Valley :p

ice

Demoness

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2010
Port Richey, Florida
haha some of these posts are too funny!

I have 1 I have kept. It is on a brand new lighter leash (bought it like 3wks b4 i went to vaping) and it stays connected on my purse. I keep it for those times I may need light or a fire of some sort...which doesnt happen often. I just figure hey- u never know when you might need fire! Like maybe out fishing and the knife gets lost (or forgotten :/) and u need to cut fishing line. Or maybe to burn away those pieces of string that come unraveled on clothes every now and then (better than pulling them in my opinion). Or like Ice mentioned above- you drive off a cliff and get stranded in the snow- haha. Eh I just figure it could come in handy! I can't count how many times I had been out as a smoker and hear some yell, "Whose got a lighter?!"

bruther

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Northern Kentucky
I'll always have a supply of lighters, whether I smoke or not. I use them to light the wood stoves and my wife uses them to light her candles and her occasional cigar. I seem to always be using one for something. Just used one today to light the torch for sweat soldering, when I changed the faucet on the basement wash tubs.
It's always good to have lighters on hand. Kind of like guns, don't use them very often, but they're there when you need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread