What to do with the lighters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valhalla1

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
USA
bitvapes.com
I was sick of buying lighters at $2+ a pop or running out of them or having to buy crappy lighters, etc.. so I bought a wholesale "brick" of 50 nice Bic lighters on ebay for pretty cheap, think it was about 50 cents a lighter, and the guy gave me free a whole additional brick of 50 lighters I didnt even ask or pay for, but they were cheaper ones.. but still nice! I only got through maybe 1/3 of the bics before I quit smoking and started vaping a year+ ago.

I gave almost all of them to my dad, who unfortunately still smokes, despite my efforts to have him switch to vaping

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
I will say this much about lighters.....keep them away from your ecig...especially newbs

about 5 days into my vaping venture i was sitting at my computer, happily vaping away. At that point I still had ashtrays and emergency smokes and lighters hiding around the house. So I was in the middle of a project and only half paying attention, picked up my eGo, picked up my lighter and darn near put the two of them together. Hey old habits die hard, I was **this close** to trying to light my eGo.

So you have been warned....newbies, hide your lighters from yourself.

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
I will say this much about lighters.....keep them away from your ecig...especially newbs

about 5 days into my vaping venture i was sitting at my computer, happily vaping away. At that point I still had ashtrays and emergency smokes and lighters hiding around the house. So I was in the middle of a project and only half paying attention, picked up my eGo, picked up my lighter and darn near put the two of them together. Hey old habits die hard, I was **this close** to trying to light my eGo.

Can't imagine how many people who've flicked their 'e-cig' out the car window.....

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
gamingraynen.blogspot.com
JonnyVapΣ;2427499 said:
Can't imagine how many people who've flicked their 'e-cig' out the car window.....

One of the first days of having my PV I went to flick the "...." out apparently, but I vape with my windows closed so yeah... It just bounced right back into the side of my head. :facepalm:

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
One of the first days of having my PV I went to flick the "...." out apparently, but I vape with my windows closed so yeah... It just bounced right back into the side of my head. :facepalm:

OMG Raynen, that is too funny. I'm glad you vape woth your wondows closed, that would have been an expensive muscle memory.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

Oh man, yeah, I had a worn out 510, everything was loose but it still worked, then I did what you did. Apparently the melted opening at the batt end allowed a sudden inrush of air while I was inhaling.

So, the cart pops off and I inhale it and it gets stuck in my windpipe. I start gasping and turning purple so my son starts beating me on the back. This disloged the cart but coming back out it went up my right sinus passage and became lodged.

The good thing is, I can now stuff a bottle of e-liquid up my left nostril, tilt my head and refill the cart that way, then just jam the batt and atty up the right side and vape away.

I stopped HV vaping as it was causing headaches and minor nasal burns.

Sorry, did'nt mean to be so wordy and/or random, but it does give a whole new meaning to
Dripping'

:D

LinzCarp

Jan 3, 2011
Folsom, CA

This sounds like something I would totally do and did not even think about this until I read your post. I count myself luck! Now I will be extra aware to not have any lighter around me when I am vaping. I went outside my first day was vaping away and talking on the phone. I use this closed container to ash and without even thinking about it I opened it and was about to ash my ecig and got a nose full of stinky nasty ashtray! It is amazing how conditioned we become after years of repetitive actions.

Thanks for the heads up!!

Last edited:

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
Gas lighters (BICs, etc.) go into your emergency kit.

I can't tell you how important it is to have a special bag/bucket with all the things you might need in case of tornado, earthquake, flood, or ice storm that knocks out power for days. I experienced each of those within a period of five years, but since I've been prepared with a first aid kit, candles, special blankets, camp stove, MREs, etc. nothing bad has happened. I attribute the complete lack of disasters to the fact that I'm prepared for them (and it's taking the universe some time to build up to something I can't possibly be ready for).

Liquid lighters (Zippos, etc.) get dried out, polished up, wrapped in tissue paper, sealed in plastic bags, and put away carefully -- it's very possible the collector's market will be so huge for them that they'll pay for your great-grandchild's college.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I remember back when I first started.. I was vaping while driving, and I dropped my ecig between my legs...I did a dance like you wouldn't believe, until I realized that it wasn't going to burn me or my leather seats :D

LGD

EDIT: I was totally off topic :p.... anyway on topic.... I keep them :D

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I can't tell you how important it is to have a special bag/bucket with all the things you might need in case of tornado, earthquake, flood, or ice storm that knocks out power for days.
I live in San Diego, and we don't have any of those issues.
I don't even remember the last time the power went out.

But I still keep a lighter in my car.
It is probably about two years old almost.

I may need it for something, someday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread