What To Vape With a Chest Cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
I went by my local vape shop and picked up some red delicious apple, strawberry, watermelon, menthol today. I was almost out of lime menthol but ended up getting this instead.
In a baby prince tank different watts cause the different flavors to dominate except the menthol. I can't taste it at all but I feel a slight chill in the lung and a hint of sweet mint after taste no matter what heat.
Not only did I find a flavor that is making my nose run, my mouth water and my cough become more productive I think I've also found my illusive adv that I hadn't had since Killer juice stopped making chocolate milkshake years ago.
Oh and saline spray is what I began using yesterday morning to clear out my sinuses so that stupid drip would stop. I didn't have the patience to wait on the Flonase to begin working. Still no color to the cough or nose stuff but it has become productive when I cough or blow my nose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I had a nagging cough one year. Kept doing the otc thing week after week to no avail. Finally went to the doc who said in Chinese broken English "you pretty sick, take time off"... I said "but doc, I'm the only one at work right now". He snapped back "want that on your tombstone?"..

I chuckled sheepishly and replied "nuff said".... I was in and out of heat and cold and a cold virus nearly killed my@** from being worn out after months of 15-18 hour work days.
I ended up using an inhaler for the next year.

Now I see my doctor regularly and don't mind one bit. No shame in that.
Trouble with being dead is it lasts so long....

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
So I hung out with mark today and like times at my job, you're bearing full brunt of the heat from daylight to dark. Clothes wet with sweat feels pretty good in the heat. But when the boss says they want to see you in the office.... it's not unlike falling into cold water when you enter the office. Meanwhile the office dwellers are complaining about how cold it is inside. Sure, germs are chilled. But it's a huge shock to an already stressed system to the sweaty worker. When you're 30, no big deal. At 50+ it is.
He's ok btw.

I have an advantage over my brother. Well two actually.
1) I have a company iPhone 5s with skype and facetime. Want to talk to me you get a 3" version.
2) I am my own boss. I get sent to places to solve problems more times than not. And one of my terms going in is I don't do refrigerated spaces before 3pm in summer, (heated in winter) unless a meeting is scheduled. It's a bit like being that Winston Wolf character in 'pulp fiction'. lol.

But I've learned over the years that ducking in and out of air conditioning in summer, or heated spaces in winter will kill you quicker than most people realize. Especially if your resistance is down. Pnuemonia aint no joke and after see-ing folks like Jim Henson and Bernie Mac die from not seeking a doctor.... I've been to a few funerals of healthy people one day, and dead a month later from symptoms brought on by ducking in and out of climate controlled spaces to the elements outdoors while sweating.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
So I hung out with mark today and like times at my job, you're bearing full brunt of the heat from daylight to dark. Clothes wet with sweat feels pretty good in the heat. But when the boss says they want to see you in the office.... it's not unlike falling into cold water when you enter the office. Meanwhile the office dwellers are complaining about how cold it is inside. Sure, germs are chilled. But it's a huge shock to an already stressed system to the sweaty worker. When you're 30, no big deal. At 50+ it is.
He's ok btw.

I have an advantage over my brother. Well two actually.
1) I have a company iPhone 5s with skype and facetime. Want to talk to me you get a 3" version.
2) I am my own boss. I get sent to places to solve problems more times than not. And one of my terms going in is I don't do refrigerated spaces before 3pm in summer, (heated in winter) unless a meeting is scheduled. It's a bit like being that Winston Wolf character in 'pulp fiction'. lol.

But I've learned over the years that ducking in and out of air conditioning in summer, or heated spaces in winter will kill you quicker than most people realize. Especially if your resistance is down. Pnuemonia aint no joke and after see-ing folks like Jim Henson and Bernie Mac die from not seeking a doctor.... I've been to a few funerals of healthy people one day, and dead a month later from symptoms brought on by ducking in and out of climate controlled spaces to the elements outdoors while sweating.
Getting stung by a wasp Thursday, and I'm highly allergic, was the final straw for me trying to be all and do all. Lemonade factor, the benadryl to help with the swelling of my hand that got stung did a huge number on the congestion . Vaping mostly fruits laced with menthol has also cured the urge to fall into the old habit of smoking menthol cigarettes to force my coughs to be deeper. I bought 1 multi fruit flavor with a chill aftertaste from my local vape shop and found the website of the manufacturer to try their other "ice" flavors and save about half over what the local place charges on the 1 flavor they carry.

• Love

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
Anything to report?
Not really. Runny nose and a smokers cough type cough. Google has revealed most otc meds and this heat wave are a recipe for stroke and/or kidney failure so I'll just deal with it for now. No infection,no color, no bubbles that are a sign of pneumonia.

• Optimistic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread