Status
Not open for further replies.

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
You really can not ask that without saying what ohm atty you are using. Vaping at 4 volts on a 1.5 atty is totally different that 4V with a 2.5 or 3 ohm atty. A better question would be what wattage do you like vaping at. Personally if I am using a 1.5 ohm atty I usually like vaping at around 4.3 volts. If I am using a 2.5 ohm atty I will vape around 5-5.5 and a 3 ohm right around 6 volts.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Watts is the equalizer in terms of vape quality. Here's a chart that shows how many watts your vape is producing with various resistance coils and voltages. I like 6 to 8 watts. Usually I'm at 3 ohms and 4.v.

Sometimes you hear people say that they like 12w vaping. I suspect that their battery isn't delivering the voltage they choose under load. Many VV mods just can't keep up with 6v at 2 ohms due to the current load. A 2.5A mod won't do the 3 amps drawn by 6v/2ohms and the actual voltage may be much less.

Safe Vaping Power Chart

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    OH-WOW, how do I answer this besides just saying "it depends".

Right now I have a "green apple/555 mix" in a 3ohm 801 fusion at 4.8v. BUT, if you turn this "ice fire" that I have in a 1.3ohm HH-357 up past 3.3v your eyes would roll back in your head. I could turn around and put something like "cappucino" in this same atty and vape it at 4.2v all day long.

Last edited:

Waterman

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Colorado
    2 ohm carts at 4.4v on my twist, 4.3v on the spinner, 4v for some lighter or fruit-er liquid. You can tell but don't be afraid to experiment bumping up the voltage, some juices taste better and vaporize more effectively releasing more true flavor. Some of us are aware its more about watts but have no way to measure them. (yet!)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread