What was the first commercially avaliable none-cig-a-like PV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Romisen RC A8 Torch Father of the Screwdriver.png
I don't really know for sure, but often times the credit for first mod goes to the screwdriver, which was really a flashlight fashioned into an ecig. Still available today as a matter of fact. www.ecigscrewdriver.com The Home of an E Smoking Icon - Hosted by CaveCom

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
View attachment 456227 I don't really know for sure, but often times the credit for first mod goes to the screwdriver, which was really a flashlight fashioned into an ecig. Still available today as a matter of fact. www.ecigscrewdriver.com The Home of an E Smoking Icon - Hosted by CaveCom

Those are really cool. Usually I`m not up for anything so stylized, but those look very unique. And the Key Ring models would be prefect for the stealth vapor in all of us. Ha, ha.
Not my usual cup of tea, but I`d hit that!

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
If my timetable is right, it was indeed The Screwdriver which was an actual *mod* as it was *mod*ified from something else. The first (let's call it) PV was the Janty Stick. Janty designed it and Joyetech manufactured it. It sent a whopping 3.3 volts to its 801 atomizer at 3 ohms. Talk about your Tootle puffers. =) Hey, that was some high tech stuff back in the day. It got this poster off analogs for good tho.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Talk about your Tootle puffers. =) Hey, that was some high tech stuff back in the day. It got this poster off analogs for good tho.
You are a real oldtimer. Reminds me of the guys I met 30 years ago in AA who were fifty years sober. :headbang::headbang:

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
You are a real oldtimer. Reminds me of the guys I met 30 years ago in AA who were fifty years sober. :headbang::headbang:

Shots fired!!! LOL Yes, I'm not just old school... I'm plain old. =)

To switch over to vaping from the onset took real commitment. Nothing really worked right. Everything leaked. But one could see the potential.

And to get his thread back on track and to celebrate Mother's Day in one fell swoop--

The first (somewhat) commercially available device was one that a machinist from Minnesota created for his Mom. That would be the T1 created by David of Super T, now defunct.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I think the origional Lava tube was the first regulated everyone had that was commercially made. Here is my first mod big daddy meter box dual 18650 with potentiometer digital read out and ever cool circuitry it goes to 7.4 volts I had to buy 5 ohm cartomizers to crank it up back then ;-) dirpping was done with a 510 or 306 atty.
just pics 006.JPG

It was Made to order 2 weeks lead time buy a guy in his spare bedroom in Peoria IL.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
I would say that the eGo was the 1st Commercially available Non Cig-a-like.

BTW - You are Not Old School unless you remember this "MOD".

The Elendil Vapezilla

The FINAL~~Elendil/POS/Video!!! | E-Cigarette Forum

Thanks for sharing, how cool. I started vaping in 2010 but don't remember the date. Didn't know I was on an adventure. I do remember my early days. First to vape at work and all that. Joined ECF in 2011 but don't think I was active until some time later. I pretty much was on my own for a long time. Started with the little black pen style from Totally Wicked and went from there. I remember how BIG my ego 650 was and getting a lot of comments on it. Still have it and still love the way it feels, funny in a happy/sad way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread