Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hi everyone,

I am new to vaping. I was wondered what Wattage should I vape on. I tried from 50 to 70 and to be honest, I couldn't tell the difference. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks guys!
We all have a different sweet spot. If you are chain-vaping a single tank it does all blur together. Don't forget to play with airflow as well as wattage. Also disregard suggested wattage for drop in coils.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Without a lot more information it’s hard to give you a wattage. My advice would be experiment with your wattage. Take longer pulls/shorter pulls, different drip tips, different coils higher ohm/lower ohm. Different metals/materials wicking medium, yada yada yada. Best of luck

anandroidid

Jun 29, 2018
It depends on the atomizer for me. Currently vaping around 50 watts, but I've spent the last two years closer to 30 watts with a different atomizer. 70 watts on my current setup feels way too hot to me. I don't really understand how or why people go over 100 watts. Maybe I just like a cool vape.

Just Me

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
Toodle puffer here!

I vape at about 10 1/2 watts with about a 1.6 ohm coil and approximately 3-6mg nic/ml. :blush: This, after ~45 years of smoking almost nonstop every waking hour. Vaping is soooooooooo much better than coughing up a lung every morning.

My fifth year non-smoking anniversary was July 2, 2018. I forgot to celebrate until now :thumbs:

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Toodle puffer here!

I vape at about 10 1/2 watts with about a 1.6 ohm coil and approximately 3-6ml nic/ml. :blush: This, after ~45 years of smoking almost nonstop every waking hour. Vaping is soooooooooo much better than coughing up a lung every morning.

My fifth year non-smoking anniversary was July 2, 2018. I forgot to celebrate until now :thumbs:
Congratulations to you too!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Hi everyone,

I am new to vaping. I was wondered what Wattage should I vape on. I tried from 50 to 70 and to be honest, I couldn't tell the difference. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Ahhh, the wonders and excitement of the newness of vaping! Congrats to you, Teemo, and we all undoubtedly wish you joy on the journey!

As far as the "should" in wattage? The bad news is that there is no 'should'. The GOOD news is that there IS no 'should'!!

Much like the A/C in one's home, if it's too warm, turn it down...

Experiment and play and have fun finding your way to your own sweet spot. Every poster here has given you brilliant info and real life experience. Take it and vape happily.

Toodle puffer here!

I vape at about 10 1/2 watts with about a 1.6 ohm coil and approximately 3-6ml nic/ml. :blush: This, after ~45 years of smoking almost nonstop every waking hour. Vaping is soooooooooo much better than coughing up a lung every morning.

Happy, very happy, and belated FIVE, Just Me!! Marvelous!!!!

5.jpg

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hi everyone,

Thanks guys!

It really depends on what you like and what works well for you.

I quit smoking at 7-8 watts which was par for the course back in 2012 unless you were using mech mods. Over the years I've gone up to as high as 50'ish watts and now I'm back down to mostly around 15-16 watts. My juice PG/VG mix ratio and nicotine level have also changed quite a bit. Different atomizers perform well in different watt ranges due to various design differences like air flow, wick channel design, and air chamber and deck design. So an atty that is good at say 8-20 watts is not going to like being pushed to 30-70 watts, though some are quite versatile. The lower the watts the less air flow will be available so you will generally be taking longer, slower drags. Flavor and TH can be very good in any watt range atty, but your vape experience will be quite different between a good 15 watt setup and a good 60 watt setup. You will also need to tune your juice nic level to the watts you're vaping at because generally more watts mean more juice vaporized per second so you'll want to lower the nic level. You will also need to chose heads that are appropriate for your desired wattage, or build appropriately in a rebuildable atty. Also keep in mind that resistance depends a lot on what coil material you're using with stainless steel being a lot lower than Kanthal for an equivalent wattage setup.

IMO, if you're happy in the 50-70 watt range with your atty leave the watts set at one end of the range and vape it that way for a week. Then switch and vape that for a week using the same juice, or the same set of juices. Repeat a few times if you want to. My bet is you will discover you prefer one over the other after a while and then you can move forward from there. My preferences changed over the years, so that's something to keep in mind too. If you discover you want to go lower or higher in watts than what your atty handles well you can always buy another atty that is better for that.

Best of luck with it TeemoOpA :)

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Hi everyone,

Thanks guys!
It's up to you...

If i had to start vaping using today's atomizer. . I'd probably still be smoking and id be vaping in the 50 to 100 watt range. But i didnt..

I started when powerfull was above 1ohm and less than 15watts. And to do more you had to build your coils.... below 1ohm was suicidal.

4 years later I don't smoke and still vape at an average of 15watts. Current coil .3ohms running at around 15watts in an avocado.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The devices you use will dictate what power ranges are best. So the wattage I vape at has nothing to do with the wattage that works best with your PV.

Today I have been using a PV that I bought in 2009. The only thing that has changed is that instead of using an old 510 atomizer, I use a RDA. But, still at the same resistance, same voltage, same wattage.

The trick is to learn how to get the vape experience that you want from whatever is in your hand.
    1.8 ohm coil @ 3.7v = 7.6 watts. With 12mg/ml juice, and use 4ml/day

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
    There's so much stuff out there today, without knowing what you have for an atomizer and power device, it's impossible to offer any suggestions that will help you. As a general rule, start at a lower power level than suggested, and work your way up untill it tastes good and satisfies. This method should get you into the ballpark of where you should be power wise, then you can play with the airflow to find your sweet spot.

badwaterbill

Jun 1, 2016
    Hi everyone,

Thanks guys!
    I have been vaping for almost 3 years, started with 10 watt's or 4 volts using tanks with 1.8 to 2.1 ohm coils, that worked for me, you use less juice, vape at lower temperature which produces less harmful chemicals, you can learn more about temperature on this site here New studies find carcinogens in vg and pg at high temps, even in tootle puffers long thread but very important, take your time, best of luck to you, enjoy vaping.

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread