Vamo user gets Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2010
idaho
Well I've been using my Vamos for almost 2 months now, no problems and found a Provari on the classifieds. Good price so I bought it after reading the Vamo/Provari thread here. I like the Vamos and have nothing bad to say about them all good. So when I get the Provari I will do some kind of unbiased review or comparrison between the two. I like the fact that if the Provari needs repair it can be repaired, as with the Vamo most likely not just throw it out and buy another, keep the tubes though as I can stack 18650's go to the club and people will say ... is that!:)

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
There goes the neighborhood!!!!!

Just kidding. Welcome

You don't really need to do an in depth review, we all know the 180 dollar thing is better than the 40 dollar thing. It's just a matter of what people want or want to spend. I'm happy people are happy with the Vamo, I'm still happy with my evic (oh no, he has provaris and still likes the evic!!!) so I am down for whatever keeps people off cigarettes.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
There goes the neighborhood!!!!!

Just kidding. Welcome

You don't really need to do an in depth review, we all know the 180 dollar thing is better than the 40 dollar thing. It's just a matter of what people want or want to spend. I'm happy people are happy with the Vamo, I'm still happy with my evic (oh no, he has provaris and still likes the evic!!!) so I am down for whatever keeps people off cigarettes.

Hey, I think the Evic is cool as snot! I just know that me, being me, I'd trash one in a couple of months!

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Hey thanks for the welcome (there goes the neighborhood), yep, probably right there! Should have the provari today, I don't honestly think I'll notice a difference in the vape between the two, but I like the idea it's made in the USA and if there is a problem it can be repaired here in the USA, so it's all good.

i think youll notice a difference in vape depending on what you put on it. like mentioned above, i use my provari for my gennys. the vamo is still fine with the gennys, but not as good as the provari. plus i have one of my gennys set up with a 1.1 ohm coil and vamo wont fire it even though its got a higher amp limitation than the provari.
standard attys and cartos/carto tanks are *basically* the same on each. there is a slight difference however.

tattooed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
VA
I still use a Provari V1. I've been thinking of picking up a Vamo just to play with something new but I can't seem to pull the trigger on it. I have no complaints after 1.5 years of nonstop Provari use and I feel like they deserve my money more. I almost wish it would crap out so I could justify buying another.

Still kind of curious about the variable wattage though.

garyd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2010
idaho
i think youll notice a difference in vape depending on what you put on it. like mentioned above, i use my provari for my gennys. the vamo is still fine with the gennys, but not as good as the provari. plus i have one of my gennys set up with a 1.1 ohm coil and vamo wont fire it even though its got a higher amp limitation than the provari.
standard attys and cartos/carto tanks are *basically* the same on each. there is a slight difference however.

Well all I have right now are some vivi novas and kanger t3's with adaptor. I like the vivi's better on my vamo, always get a burnt taste with the kangers but I don't know why, bought them from vaporbeast and they may be knockoffs.

Michael James

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2012
Montgomery, AL
Well all I have right now are some vivi novas and kanger t3's with adaptor. I like the vivi's better on my vamo, always get a burnt taste with the kangers but I don't know why, bought them from vaporbeast and they may be knockoffs.

I haven't tried any kinda of mega-clearo or vivi or anything like that but going by a review pbusardo did a little while ago, apparently it's kind of a crap shoot with them you can get 2 from the same shipment from the same place and one will work great and the other suck.

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I still use a Provari V1. I've been thinking of picking up a Vamo just to play with something new but I can't seem to pull the trigger on it. I have no complaints after 1.5 years of nonstop Provari use and I feel like they deserve my money more. I almost wish it would crap out so I could justify buying another.

Still kind of curious about the variable wattage though.

You can have the circuit board upgraded to the V2... I don't remember the exact price off the top of my head but it's cheap. $25 or $30 I think.

garyd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2010
idaho
You can have the circuit board upgraded to the V2... I don't remember the exact price off the top of my head but it's cheap. $25 or $30 I think.

I saw $20 for the upgrade which includes free ship back to you. The one I got is a V1 also. Is there any advantage to the upgrade besides being able to use lower ohm coils at higher voltage? Anyway if that's the only advantage I don't think it's worth it, just use a higher ohm coil. I actually tried a 1.5 ohm dct cartomizer on mine at 3.7 volts and didn't care for the vape, too hot. How can I test my device to know I still have the V1 chip? Since I bought it used it may have already been upgraded, I don't know.

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
$20 is probably correct... and that's a hell of a deal.
Even if you aren't currently pushing the V1 to its limits, the V2 chip still allows for greater flexibly moving forward. Who knows what the future may hold... You may even decide to try your hand at rebuildable atomizers... The higher amp limit of the V2 would definitely come in handy.

Only real down side to the upgrade... You have to be without your ProVari while its being upgraded.

garyd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2010
idaho
$20 is probably correct... and that's a hell of a deal.
Even if you aren't currently pushing the V1 to its limits, the V2 chip still allows for greater flexibly moving forward. Who knows what the future may hold... You may even decide to try your hand at rebuildable atomizers... The higher amp limit of the V2 would definitely come in handy.

Only real down side to the upgrade... You have to be without your ProVari while its being upgraded.

Thanks, yes and I will be without it and I just got it lol. I'm enjoying it now with one of my vivi novas. I may do it in the near future as it will be the latest tech and you can't beat the price. I have rebuilt my vivis with 32g kanthal and 2ml cotton wick with good results. Have some kanger t3's also but don't like them as they always taste burnt even though they wick from the bottom. Have been looking for a good rebuildable tank setup that doesn't break the bank.

Soundhunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Love Field
Personally, I notice a significant difference in the vape between the Vamo, The eVic and the Provari.. and this is on cartos, cartos in tanks and Clearos..

Maybe it's just me .. but if for some reason..the Vamo or EVic was lost or confiscated.. I would be annoyed as I like them both.. If they even tried to mess with my Provaris..that would be a significantly more complicated issue.. :mad: :)

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
If I had a Provari I don't think I'd want to put a wrap on it. I'd do something else like do dads or special drip tip. With my Vamo it's on it's second wrap and I just got some nice thin leather pieces today I found on eBay to make my own wrap. To me the Provari looks good like it is and the Vamo wants a wrap. I like customizing. Well, I don't have a Provari, almost did the blemish special mini but really I'll just wait and see what VW type they come out with while I wait and see when my Vamo dies. Who knows. Maybe it'll have a super long life. I'll just keep wrapping it. It's a no problem mod.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well, I don't have a Provari, almost did the blemish special mini but really I'll just wait and see what VW type they come out with.
I find it interesting the number of people that are putting off purchasing a Provari thinking that it is a given for Propvape to sometime soon begin selling a VW update or a newer VW model. What if they never do. Provape must have some pretty clever people running the show due to their massive success.

They could have easily offered an update for VW, or built an entirely new model. But it's not here yet, and no announcements of one either.

It's been months since the VW mods have been out, and when asked about VW Provape will only say that there are no immediate plans for VW, but that the Provape team have been "looking into it". Hmmm, that wasn't a very strong sign that VW would be introduced any time soon, if ever. Perhaps the Provape team made a bold but risky decision by deciding to hold off on VW altogether. Maybe their philosophy was, we believe VV works very well for the majority of our customers, and although there are some limited uses for VW, our development team decided not to add an additional chip to the Provari

This is just fiction from mind, I'm not a Provape insider. But I'm reading commentary of both positive, to lackluster, to "I don't need it, I don't use it" user comments after some time with these earlier VW models. I'm wondering if VW is, in real and practical terms, not that big a deal to the majority of users? Maybe the Provape team envisioned this to happen, and chose to stay on the long narrow road of VV. Provape may have lost a lot of customers due to the lack of VW, but all accounts point to a brisk amount of business equal to if not more than a few months ago. It hasn't seemed to hurt them at all.

My point to all of this rambling is it seems to be little silly to me to use the VW thing be the issue that is holding someone back from buying a Provari. If Provape had had plans to introduce a VW model, they would have by now. It would have been in the latest 2.5 version update, which was just a body design change. If you were really seriously considering getting a Provari, I'd think you'd already have one by now.

Maybe I'm reading too much into my observations and don't know Jack squat. It just my thoughts.
-- Baditude

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread