What would you recommend? Compact 18650 vape needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hard Vapist

May 27, 2020
Hi,

I have been using a Smoant knight V2 with a protank 4 for the last few years and it has been a great vape. Compact, large capacity, simplecsimple, SS coils, replaceable 18650 etc.

I know things move quickly in the world of vaping so I was wondering if there's anything worth upgrading to in 2020?

I love everything about my current setup so would want something as close to it as possible in terms of size and function.
15906200980742449009594551958404.jpg
15906200980742449009594551958404.jpg

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Hi,

I have been using a Smoant knight V2 with a protank 4 for the last few years and it has been a great vape. Compact, large capacity, simplecsimple, SS coils, replaceable 18650 etc.

I know things move quickly in the world of vaping so I was wondering if there's anything worth upgrading to in 2020?

I love everything about my current setup so would want something as close to it as possible in terms of size and function.
View attachment 887609 View attachment 887609

I'm a firm believer in having several back-up vapes so, of course, I think you should buy new gear. Plus, it is likely going to be very difficult to buy new vape gear in the U.S. after September 9 because of the Deeming Regulations.

There are several really good single battery mods out there right now. My two favorites are the Vaporesso Swag 2 and the Teslacigs WYE 2 86 watts. They work great, are reasonably priced and are very lightweight which makes carrying in your pocket a breeze.

If you are using your Protank 4 to do MTL vaping I would suggest you try the Innokin Zenith or Innokin Zlide tanks. They offer great flavor and drop-in coils. If you wish to try an MTL RTA I recommend the HellVape MD RTA. It offers great flavor, it's easy to build & wick, it's not leaky and it offers good liquid capacity.

If you are a DTL vaper and want drop-in coils, I have heard great things about the Freemax Fireluke tank and the Horizon tanks. I am a MTL vaper myself, however, and I am sure someone else will come along who can better help you with DTL.

Good luck to you!

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Protank style MTL is hard to find really any MTL tanks anymore, drop in coil or rebuildable that is easily available without ordering online, Aspire, Innokin, and Kanger generally have held the line in that regard. Personally I use rebuildable Kayfun style tanks, though that is my style. Mod wise, battery device I have had good success with the Voopoo mini (internal battery) and the Voopoo Drag, dual battery 18650, recently purchased and have had good success with the GeekVape Aegis Solo, single battery 18650, as a rugged pocket carry device paired with a Kayfun V4, which offers a rugged, rubberized and leather exterior, as well as a bit of dust and liquid resistance which the Aegis line is known for.

It all depends on your vaping style and type of vape you want as well as your budget.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I don;t know about side-by-sides, but if you want a compact regular 18650 mod, the Vaporesso Armour Pro is as compact as it gets AAAAAAAND it takes 21700 as well as 18650 batts. I don't know how such a small mod can take a 21700 but it does. But it might be hard to find.

I think the EHPro Cold Steel 100 is pretty compact, too, It's like a tube mod crossed with a box mod. it also takes 21700 batts as well as 18650. But don;t buy it for the temp control. I love the mod but people who buy it for temp control seem to hate the temp control. I don't do temp control.

Last edited:

The Hard Vapist

May 27, 2020
    Thanks guys, I will take a look at all the suggested mods. After having all sorts, this side by side is easily my favourite configuration, so it is disappointing that there aren't more options available. I am a direct lung caper, and love the .5ohm SS coils of the protank. Any other suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Along similar lines of the Knight, this is quickly and somewhat quietly becoming what just might be my favorite of all time, which I did not expect.

Mods & atties are very personal though, so look for the one that makes your heart go pitter-patter.

WARLOCK PROJECT "FULL COLOR EDITION" DICODES BF60

20200522_073219.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Thanks guys, I will take a look at all the suggested mods. After having all sorts, this side by side is easily my favourite configuration, so it is disappointing that there aren't more options available. I am a direct lung caper, and love the .5ohm SS coils of the protank. Any other suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

If you're on Facebook, there's a group there where you can see tons of SbS models. New ones seem to be hitting the market each week.

SbS - Side by Side mods listing (21+)

Reactions: stols001

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Reactions: DPLongo22

The Hard Vapist

May 27, 2020
    Thanks for the advice, that is just what I'm looking for. In terms of a tank, what would you recommend? I do like the protank 4 with the .5 stainless steel coils, so something along those lines would be good. I like the pt4 due to it being reliable, not leaking, easy to fill, coils are cheap and last a long time, has decent capacity. I would prefer something with stainless steel coils.

Don't know if it matters, but I usually vape around 20w a menthol or flavourless 70/30 pg dominant juice.

Thanks again for your help!

Reactions: DPLongo22
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread