The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What would you recommend? Compact 18650 vape needed

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by The Hard Vapist, May 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. The Hard Vapist

The Hard Vapist Full Member

May 27, 2020
    Hi,

I have been using a Smoant knight V2 with a protank 4 for the last few years and it has been a great vape. Compact, large capacity, simplecsimple, SS coils, replaceable 18650 etc.

I know things move quickly in the world of vaping so I was wondering if there's anything worth upgrading to in 2020?

I love everything about my current setup so would want something as close to it as possible in terms of size and function.
    15906200980742449009594551958404.jpg 15906200980742449009594551958404.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. JustWondering1

JustWondering1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2015
    I'm a firm believer in having several back-up vapes so, of course, I think you should buy new gear. Plus, it is likely going to be very difficult to buy new vape gear in the U.S. after September 9 because of the Deeming Regulations.

There are several really good single battery mods out there right now. My two favorites are the Vaporesso Swag 2 and the Teslacigs WYE 2 86 watts. They work great, are reasonably priced and are very lightweight which makes carrying in your pocket a breeze.

If you are using your Protank 4 to do MTL vaping I would suggest you try the Innokin Zenith or Innokin Zlide tanks. They offer great flavor and drop-in coils. If you wish to try an MTL RTA I recommend the HellVape MD RTA. It offers great flavor, it's easy to build & wick, it's not leaky and it offers good liquid capacity.

If you are a DTL vaper and want drop-in coils, I have heard great things about the Freemax Fireluke tank and the Horizon tanks. I am a MTL vaper myself, however, and I am sure someone else will come along who can better help you with DTL.

Good luck to you!

• Like Like x 3
  3. IMFire3605

IMFire3605 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 3, 2013
    Blue Rapids, KS, US
    Protank style MTL is hard to find really any MTL tanks anymore, drop in coil or rebuildable that is easily available without ordering online, Aspire, Innokin, and Kanger generally have held the line in that regard. Personally I use rebuildable Kayfun style tanks, though that is my style. Mod wise, battery device I have had good success with the Voopoo mini (internal battery) and the Voopoo Drag, dual battery 18650, recently purchased and have had good success with the GeekVape Aegis Solo, single battery 18650, as a rugged pocket carry device paired with a Kayfun V4, which offers a rugged, rubberized and leather exterior, as well as a bit of dust and liquid resistance which the Aegis line is known for.

It all depends on your vaping style and type of vape you want as well as your budget.

• Like Like x 2
  4. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    I don;t know about side-by-sides, but if you want a compact regular 18650 mod, the Vaporesso Armour Pro is as compact as it gets AAAAAAAND it takes 21700 as well as 18650 batts. I don't know how such a small mod can take a 21700 but it does. But it might be hard to find.

I think the EHPro Cold Steel 100 is pretty compact, too, It's like a tube mod crossed with a box mod. it also takes 21700 batts as well as 18650. But don;t buy it for the temp control. I love the mod but people who buy it for temp control seem to hate the temp control. I don't do temp control.

• Like Like x 2
  5. The Hard Vapist

May 27, 2020
    Thanks guys, I will take a look at all the suggested mods. After having all sorts, this side by side is easily my favourite configuration, so it is disappointing that there aren't more options available. I am a direct lung caper, and love the .5ohm SS coils of the protank. Any other suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

• Like Like x 3
  6. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    If you desire a side-by-side mod, there is a thread where folks my be able to help you out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 "You are HERE." Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Along similar lines of the Knight, this is quickly and somewhat quietly becoming what just might be my favorite of all time, which I did not expect.

Mods & atties are very personal though, so look for the one that makes your heart go pitter-patter.

WARLOCK PROJECT "FULL COLOR EDITION" DICODES BF60

20200522_073219.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  8. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 "You are HERE." Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    If you're on Facebook, there's a group there where you can see tons of SbS models. New ones seem to be hitting the market each week.

SbS - Side by Side mods listing (21+)

• Like Like x 1
  9. bigbob2322

bigbob2322 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    You could look for a RX75, I have 2 still in use.

20180210_073251.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Katdarling

Katdarling I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;) Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Good suggestion, Bob.

I also have 2 of them, which, by my math, is one too many. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Lunatic ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Here's another side by side:
    Ambition Mods Easy Side Stealth Box Mod 60W – With Updated 510 – SR Vapes

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Hard Vapist

May 27, 2020
    Thanks for the advice, that is just what I'm looking for. In terms of a tank, what would you recommend? I do like the protank 4 with the .5 stainless steel coils, so something along those lines would be good. I like the pt4 due to it being reliable, not leaking, easy to fill, coils are cheap and last a long time, has decent capacity. I would prefer something with stainless steel coils.

Don't know if it matters, but I usually vape around 20w a menthol or flavourless 70/30 pg dominant juice.

Thanks again for your help!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.