Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
What you need to know about e-cigarettes

Starts out OK then ... Here we go again !
But is it safe? .... A lesser evil?

Ending with ...

All this said, it's a clear case of vapor-inhaler beware. Not only are the long term
impacts of e-cigarette use extremely unclear, it's obvious that nicotine addiction
is a necessary part of the equation. As La Fontaine admitted, while he does enjoy
the benefits of nicotine, it's a potential problem, one that may already be impacting
on his behavior.

Until more is known, it's probably best to exercise caution.

I smell BP behind the scenes of this and similar recent articles
When I smell a Rat ... It's not always ANTZ ... Often it's BP

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
it's a potential problem, one that may already be impacting on his behavior.

Oh really? How so? I've never heard of someone using nicotine and then running amok. Nicotine doesn't create hostility. It has been shown to lower aggression. Nicotine doesn't impair memory, thinking, and judgement like narcotics and alcohol. In fact, nicotine improves memory, attention, and concentration.

It's the absence of nicotine that impacts on my behavior. It makes me confused, inattentive, forgetful, and depressed. I don't like myself that way.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Starter kits range in price from $40 to $100, and the liquid refills costs about $25 each — what's the equivalent of five packs of cigarettes. Some models even allow for recharging through the USB port of a computer

Whose ads has this guy been reading? The equivalent of five packs of cigarettes? Uh-huh, and I have this bridge for sale...

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Those publishing lies and propaganda about e-cigarettes
obviously do so with a sense of full immunity.

I've got a cartoon image of a pro e-cigarette advocate
publishing an article with made-up statistics pointing to
e-cigarettes are 100% harmless with a paragraph suggesting
the public shouldn't believe all the the BP funded lies.

I would assume there would be negative reaction to such an article
coming from us.
:p

Last edited:

Rellen13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Peabody MA USA
After reading the article, although I realize there are many errors and a less than wished for conclusion, I think this is the most "pro-vaping" article I have read. Granted, I am still new at this, and have only been reading what I find on this site for the last few weeks, but nothing else I have read had quote's in it like what the BU professor said. In fact I felt the whole tone of the article was more along the lines of: "There is a new fad on the rise". "It may be here to stay or at least long enough to harm big tobacco". "It appears to have the potential to be much safer than smoking and could be an effective means of smoking cessation". "Something good might be going on right now in regards to e-cigs, but I am not allowed to say so outright without more hard research / studies / acceptance".
I can tell you that if I was a smoker with no idea about e-cigs and I read this article, I would certainly be hitting the computer to find out more. In fact, I'm willing to bet this article has caused this site to get more than a few new hits.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Ran into a guy today as I was bellowing out large vapor clouds- in front of the auto parts store. He stopped me to ask me about my Reo... I gladly showed it to him as he was from the auto parts store but taking a smoking break. He told me "yeah, I've got something but smaller and handier" I asked him if he had it- no he had left it at home. It was an e-cig he bought at the convenience store, but he was excited about it because he now pays about $5 for 3 carton refills which equals 3 packs of cigarettes. I asked him why he was smoking then. He did not answer. I walked away...after telling him, more power to him if he could quit smoking- I will be 2 years smoke-free next week. I guess what got me was that the equating of 1 cart = 1 pack... Oh well, if he wants to believe that, that's up to him. I didn't correct him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread