What's the best Mech Mod to use with ultra low rez Genesis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
I purchased the Legacy SS Mini straight from PureSmoke. They are listed for about $87. I should have looked for a coupon, but it's ok.

At least one other vendor sells Legacy's but the price is the same. If you are verified, you can check the classies, I got my mini for around 60 bucks. Since they are pretty regularly available, you don't see them listed over value like a lot of nice mech mods.

turnforward

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
San Diego
At least one other vendor sells Legacy's but the price is the same. If you are verified, you can check the classies, I got my mini for around 60 bucks. Since they are pretty regularly available, you don't see them listed over value like a lot of nice mech mods.

$60 to $90 bucks, is not a bad price. The Legacy looks like a sturdy(stiff) mod, but it also looks an awful lot like an: Uncircumcised Pleasure Toy.

Now that I have ordered the GG clone, I don't have to rush now to get one, so I will take my time to check them all out and go from there. I might just go for a Legacy.

kbobiles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Carson
$60 to $90 bucks, is not a bad price. The Legacy looks like a sturdy(stiff) mod, but it also looks an awful lot like an: Uncircumcised Pleasure Toy.

Now that I have ordered the GG clone, I don't have to rush now to get one, so I will take my time to check them all out and go from there. I might just go for a Legacy.

LegacySSMini_AGATPlus.jpg

Here it is with an AGA T+ for references.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
.28ohm ribbon wire coil on a Bliss parked on top of a Sigelie mechanical. Swapped the spring out for a brass one....will rock your boat! Not sure who sells the mod (mine was from a coop I ran) but the spring was from altsmoke.com for the BB. Mod is bottom button but I have no problems standing it up with the Bliss on it unlocked. Google Sigelie telescopic mod.

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
The Legacy's a good piece of equipment, and I'd recommend it. And the Chi Chi is OK if you're looking to go cheap, but it certainly is cheap in every sense of the word. The quality control is basically non-existent, the materials are thin and somewhat flimsy, and on one of the two I have, after a few days the button has a tendency to fall off.

I'm much more impressed with my EA Mod, which costs more, but put side-by-side with the Chi Chi it's pretty obvious why that is -- it's just built better all the way around. As far as GG clones go, the EA is certainly a much better piece of work and will probably last a lot longer... and neither holds a candle to a real GG, not just in workmanship, but in support as well, if you ever need it.

Again, though, the Legacy's a very good suggestion, and a cut way above the Chi Chi. I'd also highly recommend the Precise line of mods, which are built like tanks and have really good performance, if you're looking to squeeze every last trickle of voltage you can from your batteries.

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
The ZAP lives on a provari, it was just vacationing. I have an EA in a coop at some point and a Cobra on the way for it. I use the legacy more with carto tanks and Novas actually. No particular reason though.

Like I said earlier, I paid around 60 for my legacy mini, so for that price...it's fantastic.

Definitely. Off the top of my head, I can't really think of another mod within $40 or so of that that I'd recommend before it, and I've been through more $50-$100 mods than I care to think about at this point (many, maybe most of which were total crap).

turnforward

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
San Diego
I finally got the gg clone in from hoosiers and the 28gage wire. The gg looks good, but I think they sent me in the wrong wire, its thinner than the 30gage (about the same as my 32gage) that I have had. I am disappointed about that. The GG looks great. It is thin metal, but solid just enough. The thing that I don't like is the button position, and sometimes I have to move (shake) the button a little to get a good connection. It is very easy to position the air hole of the genesis where I want it.

Provari and go as low as .8ohm and as high as 15W

I have always had the same confusion with the varying volt mods. Two days before I got the gg clone, I set up my did clone with a four wrap coil (30gage), giving me 1.2oms. The ProVeri would never fire on a 1.2om coil, only giving me an E code. So this time I tried using the 1.2om on my twists, and my new ITaste MVP. It does work on those two, but I found out that both of those devices (and I am guessing on all those VV VW devices), that even though I cranked up the voltages on them, they WOULD NOT supply the power I set to the atty. Because the protection circuit would limit the power.

In other words: The ProVeri will tell you the truth: "I will not power your 1.2 oms, so don't even ask!"
The others lie to us saying: "Look, I am working, set me to whatever!" while set on 5V, it will only give about 3.5V.
On the MVP I had it cranked to 5 volts, but it hit just like when I had it set to all the way down.

Not that I got the gg clone, it is hitting A LOT harder that it did when it was on the MVP set at 4v.

Tomorrow I'll be getting my new AGA T Plus from myvaporstore.com. Since Hoosier messed up my 28gage K wire, I am going to try a three wrap 30gage. I'll let you know more.

turnforward

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
San Diego
I am starting to really like this now. Last night and tonight, I have been puffing away on this set-up, and ever since I drilled out the did clones air-hole to 1/16, it's really performing and giving my ProVeri and MVP with the STDC's a rest.

did's 012.jpg

This picture doesn't do it justice. It looks prettier in person.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I don't mean to hijack this thread, so forgive me if that's what happens...

I am also looking for a mechanical mod that will perform well with LR RBA's ~1 Ohm.

I keep hearing that you want brass contacts to limit the voltage drop. Can anyone recommend a device that has brass contacts, can deliver as close to actual battery voltage as possible to a low ohm RBA, preferrably telescoping that can use any of my 18350, 18490, or 18650 batteries, and with a side button?

I'd like to keep the cost below $60 for my first dive into a mech mod.

Would the GG Clone from hoosiers be the ticket? Out of stock for now, but I have enough vape gear that I can live without it for now. I just want something that can really drive the poo out of my AGA-T+.

I REALLY like the SmokTech Natural in SS, but my understanding is there is a .36V drop. Is it possible to fit mods like this with brass contacts to minimize that drop?

Oh... I prefer stainless to anodized or plated... If it matters...

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
I too went with the China GG (chi chi) to power up my gen atty. Running 30G Kanthal, 3/4 wrap and ohming in at 1.0 ohms.
Running a AW IMR 18500 in the mod now, and it is the hardest hitting thing I've experienced. Thick, Rich clouds, great flavor and I can really feel the nicotine (had to go from 18mg to 12mg) 3-4 hits off this thing and I'm good for 20-30 minutes!!! This thing flat HITS!
And for 30 buck!!!!! No, its not fancy, yes its cheap and I know it wont last forever, but I dont care!!!

china GG (2).jpg Here it is with a 5ml Cobra Gen on it!!!:)

Attachments

• China GG2.jpg
    China GG2.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

turnforward

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
San Diego
View attachment 178288

This picture doesn't do it justice. It looks prettier in person.

I took this set-up to the boardwalk last weekend. It was Sunny and warm, and the beach was as busy like it was summertime. I usually vape on the boardwalk all the time (where smoking is NOT permitted), and usually no one pays attention to me vaping, except ALL THE GIRLS, he, he. This time A LOT of people were looking at my e-cig, then I realized that this set-up looks an awful lot like one of those pipes you can get at a smoke "Head" shop for wacky-tobaccy. I don't know if that is a good thing, or not.

turnforward

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
San Diego
I got tired of the GG clonage, The contact switch is Hit and Miss. It started to get really bad, so I cleaned the threads and contacts and even ruffed up the contact points with some sand paper. Sometimes I needed to push that button 5 to 8 times to get a full power press on it. The switch is NO GOOD.
So I went to a local B&M store and bought a ST Telescope. And it fires each and every time, and I got use to the bottom switch a lot faster than that bottom-side switch on the CHI CHI waste of $30 bucks. I should of spent the extra $15 on the ST Telly in the first place.

Now the Genesis Atty's are the best tasting and have the strongest vapor of all my atomizers and carts, and you don't have to take those LONG SLOW DRAWS anymore. Around 1.0 om coil and a fresh battery, there is nuttin better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread