What's the stupidest thing you did due to vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael7

May 28, 2014
oregon
Was lounging watching tv without my shirt , not paying attention I over filled my dripper and hit the fire button for a sec to heat it up, tilted it back to take a hit and the hot @$$ juice can running outta my airflow and burned a nice little spot in my chest....... My wife said it looked like a little orange fireball hitting me.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Like the title says, what was the stupidest thing you did directly or indirectly related to vaping?

Just today I had my car keys in my right hand and my mod in my left and as I was walking towards the car I put my key in my mouth and tried to suck at it... Jeez I felt really stupid lol.

Four years ago, one of my colleagues at work wanted to try out e-cigs so he bought one of those cigalikes from njoy and vaped on those while driving. As he had the nasty habit of throwing analogs out the window (before it became against the law), due to pure reflex, he threw out the device...

So what was your Darwin day?

Regards
Tony

Wednesday, I got the nice pyrex driptips I ordered from DesertVapes.com... one of them was red, to go with my red ARO Winder. Wednesday night, as I put a few more drops into the carto I currently have on the ARO, somehow I knocked the ARO over on the counter... and it fell right on my new red pyrex driptip and busted it to smithereens. :facepalm:

So now I need another red driptip. Think I'll get metal this time. :facepalm:

Andria

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Knocked my 2 day old Evic Supreme into a sink full of water. took 3 days of blowing it out with compressor before it worked as intended.
I would slice my wrists if that happened to me. A good way to solve it would be rinsing / soaking it in distilled water (to remove all minerals from the tap water) and then proceed as you did.

Regards
Tony

Regards
Tony

Sent from my GT-I9195 through Tapatalk

Nytebreed

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Boston, MA USA
Put a coil on my KFL and hit the fire button to heat it. But I still had the drill bit in it. Yup had to make another one.
I did that tonight with tweezers frantically building a new atty I've been wanting to try for a while now.
Tweezers begin to glow, oooh that's new...coil flares, oooh that's bad.

Last edited:

bulldog63h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Elizabethton Tennessee
Set up a new pair of microcoils in a dripper and dry fired them. The mod slipped, I grabbed it but caught a coil on my finger:

ixqrnt.jpg

Yes, it hurt :facepalm:

10 wrap of 28 guage?

bulldog63h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Elizabethton Tennessee
I torched a rolled up piece of mesh, sat the torch down and immediately grabbed the mesh. I then dropped the mesh in my lap. It wouldn't have been so bad if I weren't sitting around in my boxers.
Every diy juice batch I mix, I smell it to see if my flavor mix is close to right. I mixed up a bottle of 24mg menthol and went to test it. I squirted a couple of drops straight into my right eye. It definitely hade enough menthol in it. That has happened on more than one occasion.

dylanlee

Jul 26, 2014
Mount Airy, NC
i used to keep my box mods in my breast pocket of my work shirt . learned real quick not to do that any more . had a mvp2 in my shirt pocket and i am a operator at a drinking water treatment plant and we have a few million gallon sediment basins and i leaned over the railing to look at the flock( dirt and stuff clumping together to fall out of the water) to see if it was forming good . and out slipped the mvp 2 sank right to the bottom of 16 foot of water had to wait 6 months to see it again when we cleaned the basins. rusted and corroded when i found it haha

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I torched a rolled up piece of mesh, sat the torch down and immediately grabbed the mesh. I then dropped the mesh in my lap. It wouldn't have been so bad if I weren't sitting around in my boxers.
Every diy juice batch I mix, I smell it to see if my flavor mix is close to right. I mixed up a bottle of 24mg menthol and went to test it. I squirted a couple of drops straight into my right eye. It definitely hade enough menthol in it. That has happened on more than one occasion.
ROFLMFBO[emoji41]

PinkTiara

Jul 7, 2013
Carmel, IN
My 1st week of vaping, I learned the value of having a spare setup. Spilled my juice, fried my battery and had nic fits all afternoon at work. I was in full panic mode by the time I got to my favorite vape shop...handed over my evod to the guy, tears in my eyes and simply said "fix it". LOL

Cried when I broke my only battery...come on, really? I was not impressed with myself...hey, it was a bad day all-around, that was just one of my last straws.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
My 1st week of vaping, I learned the value of having a spare setup. Spilled my juice, fried my battery and had nic fits all afternoon at work. I was in full panic mode by the time I got to my favorite vape shop...handed over my evod to the guy, tears in my eyes and simply said "fix it". LOL

Yes, HAVE A BACKUP system! I'm currently only have one mod, but that's because I've sold one of my Provari 2.5 mods in anticipation of getting the new Provari 3.

Cupcakesugars

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The dumbest thing I've done is...ok, every night my puppy and I go to our park across the street from our house. I have a torch lighter I bring for...well, not cigarettes haha anyway, the size and shape of this particular torch lighter is very similar to a mod...I had both in my hands - one in one hand, one in the other - and while I WANTED to take a vape, I accidentally put the torch to my lips instead...pulled the "trigger"...luckily, lighters are extremely unreliable so no flame came out into my mouth!!

I've never been so overjoyed and grateful for my lighter not working when I fire it. Note to self...one device at a time from now on out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread