What's the worst comment you've had about vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Virginia
One day many father-in-law and I were in his car sitting at a red light. We were foggin' it up and decided it was a good idea to roll down the windows so he could see. This giant plume of vapor go's gushing out and I said "OMG (not zero nic) we look like Cheech and Chong!". Not a half a second later the dude in the car next to us said "OMG, you all look like Cheech and Chong!" We had a great laugh.

AlB53

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
Rome NY
I had a smoker tell me it would rot my lungs from the antifreeze in it. I explain to him it didn't rot them it just kept the mucus moving in the winter.
when I get the antifreeze talk, I just say " well I'm good to -50f...are you?" and walk away..

Reactions: Tagi

tmcguffie

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Ayrshire, Scotland, UK
"Dad, that car is on fire!" from a family passing by, while I was sitting in my parked car, window cracked open in a cold winter day, happily blowing clouds.
I felt like an idiot, that time..
Like it, no reason for you to feel that way though. Might have been worse, they could have broke a window and sprayed you with a fire extinguisher

tmcguffie

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Ayrshire, Scotland, UK
I have had a guy at work, who is a non-smoker and knows nothing about vaping, ask me if I'd heard about negative comments he'd seen in some of the media and he wasn't doing it to be the smart non-smoker, it's bad for you routine, he mentioned it out of concern and I think that is an amazing thing.
Then you come across the odd .... that comes at you with an attitude and being me, I'll be up in their face.

Reactions: DergBerg

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
VA, USA
I think the worst I've gotten were comments from smokers, non-smokers, and ex-smokers about how bad vaping is, and how it's worse than smoking (usually followed by an explanation that they found that out thanks to facebook) There was also a nurse who told me I shouldn't use them because they're known to blow up and kill people :rolleyes:

Reactions: DergBerg

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I think the worst I've gotten were comments from smokers, non-smokers, and ex-smokers about how bad vaping is, and how it's worse than smoking (usually followed by an explanation that they found that out thanks to facebook) There was also a nurse who told me I shouldn't use them because they're known to blow up and kill people :rolleyes:
There's no cure for stupid.

Tapatyped

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I was vaping heavily on some DIY strawberry shortcake on the way to work, when I walked in one of the girls I work with said I smelled like cupcakes. My nickname now is Cupcake :facepalm: (I'm a 6', 225 lb guy)

In all seriousness, my mother in law went on one evening while she was visiting about how she had read that they were worse than cigarettes, contained antifreeze, were going to explode and all the other ANTs talking points. I calmly explained that that there was no antifreeze in them, that my anecdotal evidence (as well as the research of Dr Farsalinos and others) told me that it was orders of magnitude safer than smoking and that the possibility of blowing up was about the same as with the cell phones we all hold up to our head and charge on our night stand.

I don't know that I changed her mind but she didn't bring it up any more :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I was vaping heavily on some DIY strawberry shortcake on the way to work, when I walked in one of the girls I work with said I smelled like cupcakes. My nickname now is Cupcake :facepalm: (I'm a 6', 225 lb guy)

In all seriousness, my mother in law went on one evening while she was visiting about how she had read that they were worse than cigarettes, contained antifreeze, were going to explode and all the other ANTs talking points. I calmly explained that that there was no antifreeze in them, that my anecdotal evidence (as well as the research of Dr Farsalinos and others) told me that it was orders of magnitude safer than smoking and that the possibility of blowing up was about the same as with the cell phones we all hold up to our head and charge on our night stand.

Hiya Cupcake! ;)

I just couldn't resist. Sorry!!!!

Tmg666

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Green bay, Wisconsin

Technically it is an antifreeze, just not the kind they usually think of. Main argueing point to that though is its in numerous food items that you buy from the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread