What's under your lip/in your nose right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good morning everyone. We got back late last night. I have to say that it was the hardest thing I've ever gone thru. I'd go back to Saudi ten times before I'd want to relive the last few days. My sister gave me an old student guitar that my mom had. It's just a cheap acoustic but I couldn't have asked for a better keepsake.

Thunder berry
    Coffee
    Camel

CharlieGirl

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2011
    Lehigh Acres, FL
    Good morning everyone. We got back late last night. I have to say that it was the hardest thing I've ever gone thru. I'd go back to Saudi ten times before I'd want to relive the last few days. My sister gave me an old student guitar that my mom had. It's just a cheap acoustic but I couldn't have asked for a better keepsake.
    So glad you got back safe, you've really been on my mind, and I'm sure others too. I can only approximate what you had to go through, but I do know it is the hardest thing you have to face. I lost both parents, my sister and oldest brother, and there is just no way to explain the mental regression I went through, totally feeling like a child again, unable to cope, deal with it or anyone else, even surrounded by the rest of my family and friends I felt totally alone.
    I have my dad's guitar too, that is so sweet! Send a tune to heaven Hitt, she'll appreciate it whether you play or not! Bless you my friend.
    Char

Coffee vanilla
    H2O

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Thanks char. I cleaned it up tonight and put a new set of Martin strings on it. It's just an inexpensive student acoustic but it sounds decent with a good set of strings. It doesn't matter much what it sounds like. I'll keep it forever.

General mint
    Diet mt dew

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    It's been a while since I've ordered from them but since northerner bought them I think they are doing like you said and just cancelling what they don't have in stock. I'm not sure on the shipping time. I would guess 3-5 days. I used to get orders quicker from snuscentral in Sweden than I did from getsnus.

Below Zero mint
    diet coke

CharlieGirl

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2011
    Lehigh Acres, FL
    Thanks char. I cleaned it up tonight and put a new set of Martin strings on it. It's just an inexpensive student acoustic but it sounds decent with a good set of strings. It doesn't matter much what it sounds like. I'll keep it forever.
    That's great Hitt! I'd guess you do play then? I know some pretty basic chords my dad taught me ages ago, I'm better on the keyboard, but I used to love sitting and listening to him play and sing! As a matter of fact (hitting herself on the forehead) he used to sing this hilarious song I only remember one verse to and I would love to know the rest so I should try to google it! DUH!!! If I can't find it there I never will! Awesome! I can't believe I didn't think of it until now! See how much smarter you people make me! LOL!!!

CharlieGirl

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2011
    Lehigh Acres, FL
    Heehee I found the silly song I was looking for! Apparently I wasn't the only one who had an emotional attachment to it and of their dad playing and singing it to them as young'uns! There were so many different versions and verses and interpretations! Even the title threw me. My dad sang "Truthful Bill" and it was almost always referred to as "True Blue Bill". I don't know if it would fit here or if anyone is even interested, but I'm gonna just include the first verse for the heck of it. LOL. Hey, anybody yodel???
    TRUE BLUE BILL Words and Music by Autry, Raney & Marvin. Arr. by N. Manoloff

I grew up in the mountains where all the snakes have legs
    Where the hootowls speak in English and the roosters lay square eggs
    I shaved my beard and mustache the morning I was born
    And that night beat up my old man and drank his rye and corn.

CHORUS
    O I'm a truthful fellow They call me true blue Bill
    I never told a falsehood And I bet I never will.
    O father of our country could never tell a lie
    And he was my great uncle So I ask you why should I.

[yodel] True-oo Blue-oo Billy.

I think there are 3 or 4 more verses, all progressively sillier! Sure miss ya pop!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread