What's up everybody!? Dicodes or DNA75C/250C??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
@Alex Ferrara

A companies hands in other industries does not automatically make them a leader in any specific industry. Samsung has their hands in practically everything - they make great phones, but are they the best?

Voltage and current limitations of a specific board does not void them from using low/high resistance coils. It means certain wattage's can not be met with certain resistances. A 22 amp limit means a 0.1 ohm coil can not be operated above 48 watts as an example. If one can achieve a satisfying vape under 48 watts with a 0.1 ohm coil, then they are golden. A 9 volt limitation would mean a 1.7 ohm coil could not be vaped above 48 watts. And if a user finds under 48 watts provides a satisfying vape with a 1.7 ohm coil then they too are golden. Now ask yourself, what is the likelihood someone requires 48+ watts for a 1.7 ohm coil vs someone who may require 48+ watts for a 0.1 ohm coil? I would say the later is a lot more common than the former. None the less, the limitations of either device can sway in flavour of the other. Moot debate

Show me the objective data that proves an AC will always be more capable than a DC? Sorry, but do not understand that comment.

I never claimed the Dicodes employed an outdated screen, and not once I brought up colour. I said "navigating through a tiny screen is a daunting task to say the least." Nothing in that comment points to either device. Won't deny OLED is superior over TFT, but how much does that matter with this particular application. We are dealing with a small screen with limited pixel density. This is not a computer or TV display where fine details can be identified and compared - so ask yourself how important is that superiority of OLED over TFT. IMO it means nothing for the screen, regardless of it technology is not hindering the vape experience. Maybe the user experience, but doubt an OLED over TFA will improve that.

My comment with DNA screens was to the fact they can be customized. That gives a user options as to what they want to see on the screen. Options can not be debated! Navigate through these forums and you will find many comments from users asking manufactures for specific details on their main screen just so they do not have to go searching through layers of information to find it. And I fail to see how not having a choice is an advantage. Imagine a world with one car, one computer, one phone one type of clothing, one type of food, one vape device to choose from. Sorry, choice is a huge advantage!

Not sure I understand your Replay comment. Temperature Control works by calculating a delta resistance based on your prescribed temperature, cold resistance and TCR value. The device will not allow resistance to rise above that delta resistance and will modulate power to maintain that resistance. Yes, resistance should be read at room temperature.

Replay records the resistance curve throughout the duration of ones vape. Should the user choose that resistance curve as their preferred vape, Replay will mimic that curve exactly as how it was recorded and will use any wattage within the devices capabilities to do so. TC does not function like this. There is no delta resistance, no temperature settings and no TCR values. It does not lock resistance for a users preferred vape could be chosen between chain vaping where the coils resistance is still above what it was at room temperate. Replay was developed as an easier method to mitigate dry hits. Sure we can say it was developed for those who do not wish to involve themselves with Temp Control. Is that a bad thing? Again, it is choice which can't be debated. The point of bringing up Replay was to compare functions between 2 different devices. If one wants Replay, regardless of their objectives, then they may favour a DNA over a Dicodes. As for the biased comment. The user picks the preferred puff. If they do not like the puff Replay gives, then they picked the WRONG puff. If the circuit fails, then that is a fault in the circuit, not a fault in what the user picked as a preferred puff. If any one of my DNA's failed (which is possible), I can't claim wattage, TC or even Replay sucked based on that failure. The same can be said about Dicodes.

Show me the objective data that displays Dicodes is more efficient than DNA or vice versa. Such data must include the entire resistance range being used within the entire wattage range where each and every press of the fire button is exactly the same duration. Until then there is no way to conclude one is more efficient than the other. Your experience is not a conclusive answer for it is limited to your vaping style, your wattage's.

No doubt DNA boards fail. I've seen a few comments within this forum. However, their failure rate is unknown, I am not privy to that information and will suspect neither are you. Same can be said about Dicodes. I do not know what board is more popular in what region. Is there a statistic that displays this?

Alex Ferrara

Apr 6, 2020
@Alex Ferrara

Unfortunately, half way through my response, google chrome stopped working and I lost everything that I wrote. So let's try this again.......lol. First off, I never said that Dicodes is the leader in any specific industry because they "have their hand" in other industries. Now, if you're asking for my opinion on who makes the best phone(s) on the market currently, I actually would say Samsung. Followed by Apple, Google, and Asus. However, that analogy is irrelevant because the reasoning behind that analogy is misplaced. On a side note, it seems that you're the type of person to twist people's words because you hate being corrected or, when someone tries to input some info that doesn't line up with your beliefs. Unless you're misinterpreting what I'm saying?

Once again, unless I'm misinterpreting what you're saying now, I never said that, "voltage and current limitations of a specific board does not void them from using low/high resistance coils.". I only said that those limitations and deficiencies would lead to an inferior vape. Especially in terms of performance and accuracy, for said chip. Who do you know that vapes at 48 watts on a 1.7 ohm coil?! Let alone close to 48 watts!? That analogy only makes sense if the scenario you have given, particularly the 48 watts on a 1.7 ohm coil, was sound. And it's NOT. Knowing that the vape industry has switched over to pod devices, do you honestly believe that there's more people vaping on low resistances and high wattage? Accounting for the people who vape on pod devices solely, that percentage far out numbers the amount of people who vape at low resistances (sub ohm vaping). Now add in the amount of people who prefer MTL vaping over DL on actual mods. I would say that vaping at higher resistances and lower watts, is at an all time high right now. I feel that this point can't even be debated.

Listen, we're adults here. You're more than capable of researching the differences yourself. It's ridiculous that in todays world, the world where everyone CAN'T live w/o their phones, people demand "proof" or "links" in order to judge ones credibility. Trying to cause inconveniences for me will not work. If you don't research it yourself, even though you should know the differences between the 2 (not that I'm perfect), and claim that I'm lying about said comment, then I've lost all hope with this discussion. Though, I'm pretty sure the info I gave you was sufficient.

So in other words, you never insinuated that the screen on a Dicodes device, is outdated or inferior? Your full statement was, "User interface is also drastically different between the 2. Navigating through a tiny screen is a daunting task to say the least. Being able to make adjustments, along with uploading customized themes with Evolv's Escribe software is so much easier." First off, the screen on the Dicodes No°6 and Dani Box 21700 is not as small as you think. Is it smaller than a "C" screen/display from Evolve? Yes. But it's roughly similar in size to a "regular" DNA screen when you factor in the dimensions. For example, it's shorter in length but, wider in width compared to a DNA75. The screens/displays on both of the Dicodes devices I've mentioned, are only used on the Dicodes devices themselves. Any custom mod manufacturer that uses a FL80 or BF60 Dicodes chip, utilizes a screen thats basically identical to a DNA75, in terms of size. Dicodes uses a specific compact display on purpose, in order to keep the size of the mod down and to keep things simplistic, in terms of design. Saying that, "its a daunting task", is purely subjective. Again, have you ever used or owned a Dicodes device before? To make such a claim, I would assume you've used and operated one of their devices. I would also like to apply that statement to a lot of your other claims, in terms of the performance and usability of a Dicodes device (or Dicodes powered device). As I've said before, not only has Dicodes been known to go the minimalist route but, I had one of the head honchos tell me personally, that if they wanted to go the color route (or any route), that it wouldn't too hard of an adjustment. It's truly not a HUGE task. Besides having a better picture quality (amongst several other things), an OLED does have an advantage over a TFT display in terms of the performance of a mod. And thats the fact that it draws/consumes LESS energy! Which translates to more vaping time, assuming that we're comparing mods with the same amount of batteries. Idk about you but, even if I gained only 2-5 minutes of vaping time, that's a lot of extra puffs. If I take 3-5 second puffs, that's 12-20 extra puffs per minute. And for the last time, the only reason why were in this whole screen/display debacle, is because YOU claimed that the DNA "C" screens were superior. If you didn't insinuate that, then why bother even making such a statement?

Dude, claiming that customization options for your screen is an advantage, is assuming that EVERYONE wants or cares about that. You're exaggerated example of "one car, one phone, one computer, etc." is OVERkill. You know why? Because theres hundreds, if not thousands, of vape devices to choose from. We don't live in the makeshift scenario that you provided. Although, the world is heavy on iphones and Tesla's right now lol. That said, there must be A LOT of people who like "one thing" (as you say) because Dicodes is highly regarded as one of the best, if not the best. You see, you act as if there's not thousands of people using a Dicodes device right now. That's excluding custom mods! I bet you any money that theres ALSO people on this forum, who preach the minimalist design and don't mind not having a customizable screen. Dicodes is highly customizable when it comes to performance and thats all that matters at the end of the day.

I mean, it's not rocket science. Im pretty sure I was fairly descriptive of why I said Replay is a form of TC in a sense. Despite having nothing to do with temperature, the reason I find both systems to have a similarity, is because both systems exist to further enhance our chances of receiving that "perfect" vape experience. Granted, TC dives in deeper but, it's more complicated when compared to Replay. With TC, you essentially have full control over your vape experience (with exceptions). Whereas Replay is based off a puff that you encountered (randomly or not) and prefered over your past puffs. Replay allows you to lock in that resistance curve so you can aquire that same hit (flavor, vapor, etc.) over and over again. I explained both in a very dumbed down fashion because I was under the impression that we both understood, what TC and Replay was all about. You are delusional if you think people haven't had issues with replay. You're acting as if Replay is some GOD-like function that can't be touched. When I stated that DNA's had a fairly high failure rate, I wasn't saying that it was ALL because of Replay mode. I was saying that DNA's have failed in several ways more than you'd care to admit. You act as if Replay is a seperate entity of the chip.

If you go and watch ANY credible YouTuber (Jai Haze for example) they will tell you the SAME exact thing I've told you. Not only that but, EVOLV THEMSELVES have stated the battery efficiencies of their chips. Do YOU know better than the people who design and make the chips? Manufacturers have to test those claims. Why would they admit to having chips that are better than one another? These efficiency ratings/claims are based off of an even playing field. If you took a DNA75C with a single 18650 and a Dicodes Dani Mini with the same single 18650, set them both to the same wattage and resistance, with both using the same atomizer, the same coils/wires, the same juice, and EVERYTHING else that you can possibly do the same on both devices, the Dani Mini will unquestionably come out on top. I had both a Lost Vape Mirage DNA75C (that I just got rid of) and my Dicodes Dani Box 21700. Both utilizing a Samsung 40T 21700 battery and both were vaped on the same wattage EACH time. I never had a day where I wasn't replacing the battery on the LV Mirage. With the Dani 21700, I was able to get into the next day with a little battery left over. Granted, I know that could be just a coincidence but, who knows.

The failure rate was NOT unknown. Once again, if I'm not mistaken, there was a Jai Haze video where he confirms this. We don't have to play the "do you have that bit of information" game when it was well recognized and accepted a couple of years ago. A little amount of research would serve you well. If you don't know why Dicodes is or would be the chip of choice in the EU overall, than I have nothing else to say.

Alex Ferrara

Apr 6, 2020
Welcome to ECF :thumbs:

The geek in me would go for a DNA60, 75C or 250C depending on application.

Stay safe.
Nothing wrong with that! Those are great choices. Being a "geek" though, a Dicodes device would suit you very well. The ONLY chips worth using nowadays, imho, are the DNA75C, DNA250C, and Dicodes FL80. Nothing compares to those three at the end of the day.. That said, thank you for welcoming me into the forum! Stay safe and stay vaping!!

Reactions: stols001

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
WOW, that went off the rails. @Alex Ferrara - Do not understand why the condescending remarks. Especially when you state “we’re adults here”

I’ve tried to engage in conversation, and do so in a mature manor. Not once have I thrown a condescending remark your way, but yet that same respect was not returned by yourself with this last post. I have not twisted any words, but elaborated on the topic of discussion. Having an open discussion both of us could learn from one another, and others who maybe reading this thread may benefit as well.

You claim I am the type of person who twists peoples words because I hate being corrected. Quite the claim coming from someone who has gone to great extents trying to defend a screen on a mod that I supposedly said was inferior or outdated. “Navigating through a tiny screen is a daunting task ” does not equate to a screen being dated or inferior. I have no idea where you got that from, but yet you continue to bring it up. Your original post asked for peoples preference, I gave a preference, but was debated not once, but 3 times! Drop it!

I brought up Replay, you commented on it stating people claim it does not work. People also claim Temp Control does not work - that is a biased opinion because they do not understand or fail to put forth the efforts to make it work. Being biased is a human trait, accept it.

You brought up wattage’s drop off. I elaborated on this which is due to voltage and current limitations of the device. And gave an example of such limitations with my 1.7 ohm coil. It was an example, accept it as such. I could have given many others. Do the math, you’ll see for your self. And who vapes high resistance at high wattage? ME!!

No denying pods are popular – but the vape industry has not switched over to pods, they have incorporated pods as an addition to their current lineup. 510 type atomizers, mods in both regulated and mechanical are still being produced and sold. And pods are incorporating DTL functionality. Why would that be? If low wattage, high resistance is the growing trend, why would Dicodes produce a board capable of an 11 volt output? Instead of debating with me that MTL is the most popular and people do not vape high resistance with high wattage, why not accept the fact the companies such as Dicodes and Evolv are producing products to try and cater to many needs.

You brought up device efficiency. Excellent topic! But efficiencies are not a static number. This is also fact, and I would encourage you to research for yourself should you care. I further elaborated that objective measurements were needed to make a defining conclusion. This is how we scientifically come to a conclusive answer. But some how that is debatable.

Device failure rates are unknown. As stated, I am not privy to this information and I will not accept what Jai Haze claims as fact. And I am willing to bet many feel the same (ask peoples opinion on this forum about Mr Haze!). Devices fails, the rate at which they fail must be calculated by the manufacture and not an internet forum or some dramatic YouTube reviewer. That is just common sense.

Honestly, I feel this whole conversation has been a twisted mess of words taken out of context. I will engage in any conversation with you over any topic, be it vape devices or what my cat ate for breakfast. But as you said, we’re adults here so lets act like one and keep the condescending remarks out of it.

Alex Ferrara

Apr 6, 2020
First off, I apologize for the VERY late response. Family issues and the holiday weekend took up most of my personal time. Anyways, you say "went off the rails"? A little bit of an exaggeration don't you think? Also, I was not intentionally trying to come off as condescending. As I was trying to keep the discussion friendly and fair the whole time, until you started twisting words.

I'm sorry but, you're wrong here. Because I responded with a post you disagreed with, that makes me disrespectful? Or the person who has changed the whole dynamic of this discussion? I agree, we could definitely offer info and knowledge to many other people on here. Let alonw between ourselves. Which is the whole point of this to begin with. The problem is, I suggested that you MIGHT have been twisting my words, which is evident with my use of a "?" whenever I alluded to that. I also stated that you may have been misinterpreting my intentions or statements/info. I have been nothing but respectful, considering how difficult you make it to have a SIMPLE conversation. There have been instances where I proved you wrong and you'll stop elaborating on that one thing, but then switch over to another area and continue to be difficult. I have clearly stated that I'm a fan of both Dicodes and DNA's (to several people and even before speaking to you) yet you speak to me as if I'm a fanboy of some sort.

Claimed or questioned? You're leading me to believe that you are that kind of person when you react in such a childish manner. You can play the paddy cake game (mimicking or reiterating everything i say/do) all you want but, it's not going to work. Your reasoning behind that preference means what? You say that you're not claiming or haven't claimed, that it's inferior yet, you keep bringing up one line from your initial comment. Read the rest of your comment again, you were responding to another gentleman, not me. Your initial comment was and I quote,
"User interface is also drastically different between the 2. Navigating through a tiny screen is a daunting task to say the least. Being able to make adjustments, along with uploading customized themes with Evolv's Escribe software is so much easier." End quote. You literally say it's easier and has much more options (which it does and doesn't in a sense). You say "options can't be debated" yet, now you challenge that very statement!! You're contradicting yourself here because on one hand you say those very "options" are one thing that make a DNA more preferable or better (to you or anyone) but, on the other, state that those options don't make the other inferior. If you didn't think DNA's were better or superior, or didn't think it's extra options weren't superior, why havent you bought a Dicodes? Better yet, instead of saying I'm condescending, why even bother bringing up said options, if it's not a point of interest? So now we went from having a discussion to a debate? I thought we were doing both tbh. You act surprised as if we haven't been doing that from the get go.

You're missing the point here. You brought up Replay as one of the vast options DNAC's have over a Dicodes, I simply stated that it's not the end all be all. Whether it's the user's fault or a faulty chip, it's supposed to be a simple alternative to temp control. If a bunch of people are inputing the wrong puff, causing the Replay function to not work properly, than its not as bullet proof or dummy proof as you allude it to be. That said, it is an easy function to use in my eyes. I never said temo control was bullet proof though. Some devices SUCK at temp control, some people don't know how to use temp control, but, Dicodes has been known and proven to be the most accurate within that realm (so long as user error isn't present and everythings working accordingly). As convenient as Replay is, I rather have superior accuracy (even if it's only marginally better).

I understood math involved with your comment. I questioned your intent and reasoning behind it all. I'm tempted to send you a Dicodes device just so you can try it out. In terms of it's capabilities, I feel like it falls under some of your needs. Maybe then you'll understand my point.

The vape industry has LARGELY switched over to pod systems. Some have continued to produce regulated mods and mechs but, sell more pods overall. Some companies like Lost Vape, who is one of the forefathers if you will, has stopped making mods all together at the moment, and is solely making pod systems. A LOT of YouTuber's stopped doing reviews for this very reason man. Pods are the most sold vape devices and there's no disputing that. This is where my assumption that you like to twist words comes in. When have I ever alluded to both Dicodes and DNA not catering or developing devices for both mtl and dl vapers? I never said that manufacturers aren't coming out with pods that have DL capabilities. I said that MTL is more popular as of now and has made a comeback since (as early as) 2018. Also, high voltages is a requirement or benefit for higher resistances, not lower resistances. That's why Dicodes is more adept to higher resistances than DNA's (even you said it).

Yes, and I also stated/agreed that they are not static. UNLESS, you follow the exact same procedure for both devices, for an end result. Companies give you those percentages and guidelines as a reference point. You fail to accept the fact that the companies themselves have presented these BATTERY efficient numbers/percentages. I doubt you know better than they do. People have gone out of their way to do such experiments or evaluations. I have done my research and homework. I think it's you who is not willing to do a little leg work. Or should I say, extra typing? I never debated that objective measurements were needed to come to a conclusive answer. I'm debating that companies have done exactly that in order to put out those numbers. Some people don't fall under those guidelines and in return, have different results than whats suggested. There are also tools that can measure efficiencies as Ive stated previously.

Jai Haze isn't the only one who has recited these failure rates. High end mod makers stopped using DNA chips for awhile because of the failure rates. Since then, they have continued to use DNA's once again, because Evolve sorted out those issues. These numbers were admitted and repoted by the manufacturers other companies themselves at one point. Most people that hate on Haze, hate on him because he covers a lot of high end devices and they dislike his type of humor. ALL SUBJECTIVE buddy. Let's not debate common sense here now.......

Honestly, if you can't stop taking words out of context I might headbutt a knife. You make it seem like I'm doing such things when it was you. I can debate or discuss things in a civil manner until ignorance becomes an issue. You have yet to admit whether or not you have owned or used a Dicodes device....until then....why should I take your word on anything related to that subject or company?

Alex Ferrara

Apr 6, 2020
WOW, that went off the rails. @Alex Ferrara - Do not understand why the condescending remarks. Especially when you state “we’re adults here”

I’ve tried to engage in conversation, and do so in a mature manor. Not once have I thrown a condescending remark your way, but yet that same respect was not returned by yourself with this last post. I have not twisted any words, but elaborated on the topic of discussion. Having an open discussion both of us could learn from one another, and others who maybe reading this thread may benefit as well.

You claim I am the type of person who twists peoples words because I hate being corrected. Quite the claim coming from someone who has gone to great extents trying to defend a screen on a mod that I supposedly said was inferior or outdated. “Navigating through a tiny screen is a daunting task ” does not equate to a screen being dated or inferior. I have no idea where you got that from, but yet you continue to bring it up. Your original post asked for peoples preference, I gave a preference, but was debated not once, but 3 times! Drop it!

I brought up Replay, you commented on it stating people claim it does not work. People also claim Temp Control does not work - that is a biased opinion because they do not understand or fail to put forth the efforts to make it work. Being biased is a human trait, accept it.

You brought up wattage’s drop off. I elaborated on this which is due to voltage and current limitations of the device. And gave an example of such limitations with my 1.7 ohm coil. It was an example, accept it as such. I could have given many others. Do the math, you’ll see for your self. And who vapes high resistance at high wattage? ME!!

No denying pods are popular – but the vape industry has not switched over to pods, they have incorporated pods as an addition to their current lineup. 510 type atomizers, mods in both regulated and mechanical are still being produced and sold. And pods are incorporating DTL functionality. Why would that be? If low wattage, high resistance is the growing trend, why would Dicodes produce a board capable of an 11 volt output? Instead of debating with me that MTL is the most popular and people do not vape high resistance with high wattage, why not accept the fact the companies such as Dicodes and Evolv are producing products to try and cater to many needs.

You brought up device efficiency. Excellent topic! But efficiencies are not a static number. This is also fact, and I would encourage you to research for yourself should you care. I further elaborated that objective measurements were needed to make a defining conclusion. This is how we scientifically come to a conclusive answer. But some how that is debatable.

Device failure rates are unknown. As stated, I am not privy to this information and I will not accept what Jai Haze claims as fact. And I am willing to bet many feel the same (ask peoples opinion on this forum about Mr Haze!). Devices fails, the rate at which they fail must be calculated by the manufacture and not an internet forum or some dramatic YouTube reviewer. That is just common sense.

Honestly, I feel this whole conversation has been a twisted mess of words taken out of context. I will engage in any conversation with you over any topic, be it vape devices or what my cat ate for breakfast. But as you said, we’re adults here so lets act like one and keep the condescending remarks out of it.

Explain to me how my response is "optimistic" ? You have yet to answer a CRUCIAL question. Have you ever used or owned a Dicodes? Anytime I made a legitimate point you ignored the statement and/or questions. I just need you to answer one of them, have you ever worked with a Dicodes device? I get you're an ECF Veteran and vaping master but, I don't think that makes it right to ignore questions and statements from someone with a lower "rank".

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Explain to me how my response is "optimistic" ? You have yet to answer a CRUCIAL question. Have you ever used or owned a Dicodes? Anytime I made a legitimate point you ignored the statement and/or questions. I just need you to answer one of them, have you ever worked with a Dicodes device? I get you're an ECF Veteran and vaping master but, I don't think that makes it right to ignore questions and statements from someone with a lower "rank".

Your continued attempts at debate (especially 2 days later) is disturbing to say the least.

ECF Veteran and Vaping Master are fun acknowledgements that ECF gives out when users meet certain criteria. Has nothing to do with their knowledge of vaping. And I have every right to ignore any question that has been posed toward me. I choose to ignore you not because you are right and I am wrong, but because I no longer wish to engage in conversation. Further attempts will be met by reporting you to the moderators and put on my ignore list.

The conversation has run it’s course. DROP IT!

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Your continued attempts at debate (especially 2 days later) is disturbing to say the least.

ECF Veteran and Vaping Master are fun acknowledgements that ECF gives out when users meet certain criteria. Has nothing to do with their knowledge of vaping. And I have every right to ignore any question that has been posed toward me. I choose to ignore you not because you are right and I am wrong, but because I no longer wish to engage in conversation. Further attempts will be met by reporting you to the moderators and put on my ignore list.

Carry on hurricane

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK the lost vape mirage vaped like a dream to be honest. But, it was kind of constructed out of gossamer leaf and like, spider's web or something. It was super disappointing the smoothest vape of my life, and well, the BOARD was fantastic but the mods were pretty much DUCT TAPE toward the end and I was like too ashamed to send them in dude, I kind of though my photo might be posted up on the Vaping Wall of Shame Somewhere.

Like I don't really know or care enough about the intricacies of what number of buttons to push where and how to get THAT much from your mod, but I will say Dicodes may well nigh be indestructible, and that is a nice thing to have if you ask me, once you are getting into higher priced mods.

Like I will ever, ever, EVER use the features of every single mod come on I know me.

Anna

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Most people that hate on Haze, hate on him because he covers a lot of high end devices and they dislike his type of humor.
You must not have experienced the thread over on VU a few years ago where he was extremely vile to some of the female members over there. Up to the point where he publicly posted the personal information (name, address, phone number etc.) of one of them in the thread.

I have zero use for him and anything he has to say.

Alex Ferrara

Apr 6, 2020

I don't see how it's disturbing. As I don't have the time to be on my phone/computer all day/every day. Nothing about the debate was cruel or serious. It was intended to be a friendly conversation. If you're that offended to the point where you need to report me, by all means, do it. All I'm saying is, don't post an opinion on a thread, let alone one that I made (especially anyone else's), and get upset about someone else's opinion. Everyone, including myself, has the right to reply, post, or question ANYTHING on here. So long as it's done in a tasteful manner, of course. I don't doubt that they are "fun" acknowledgements. BY ALL MEANS, ignore my response. Remember, it takes two to tango. You didn't have to respond to ANY of my replies but, you did. Anyways, I sincerely hope you and your family are healthy and safe, during these most unfortunate times.

Alex Ferrara

Apr 6, 2020
You must not have experienced the thread over on VU a few years ago where he was extremely vile to some of the female members over there. Up to the point where he publicly posted the personal information (name, address, phone number etc.) of one of them in the thread.

I have zero use for him and anything he has to say.
Hey, that's fair. I get your point and I definitely don't condone, nor agree with that kind of behavior. There are two sides of a story though. Now, I was not aware of that exact instance but, I have seen and heard of other instances of Jai going off on people. Either way, what he did to that woman was wrong, no doubt.

Alex Ferrara

Apr 6, 2020
It could be just me, but after reading this thread I have a hard time believing that our new friend Alex here was looking for information that he believed he didn't already have :rolleyes:
I appreciate the response. My post was predominantly aimed towards people's opinions and/or preferences, between the DNA75C/250C and Dicodes FL80 (or BF60 if need be). I do not claim to know everything on the matter, let alone EVERYTHING about vaping related material. I'm just as eager to learn, as I am willing to teach/inform.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
I appreciate the response. My post was predominantly aimed towards people's opinions and/or preferences, between the DNA75C/250C and Dicodes FL80 (or BF60 if need be). I do not claim to know everything on the matter, let alone EVERYTHING about vaping related material. I'm just as eager to learn, as I am willing to teach/inform.
Oh no. I wasn't faulting you for your knowledge. I wasn't necessarily faulting you at all.

Your OP sounded like you were looking for knowledge and clearly your mind was made up before you started this thread. if I misunderstood then I apologize.

Alex Ferrara

Apr 6, 2020
IDK the lost vape mirage vaped like a dream to be honest. But, it was kind of constructed out of gossamer leaf and like, spider's web or something. It was super disappointing the smoothest vape of my life, and well, the BOARD was fantastic but the mods were pretty much DUCT TAPE toward the end and I was like too ashamed to send them in dude, I kind of though my photo might be posted up on the Vaping Wall of Shame Somewhere.

Like I don't really know or care enough about the intricacies of what number of buttons to push where and how to get THAT much from your mod, but I will say Dicodes may well nigh be indestructible, and that is a nice thing to have if you ask me, once you are getting into higher priced mods.

Like I will ever, ever, EVER use the features of every single mod come on I know me.

Anna
Thanks for the reply Anna! I don't know what it is but, EVERY Anna I've ever met or conversed with, has always been sweet and/or lively lol. And I definitely agree with you in terms of the quality control on the Mirage. It wasn't the worst but, it wasn't the best. Overall, LV made some of my favorite products as far as Chinese manufacturers go. Sad to see them produce pods exclusively, at the moment. Anyhow, the DNA75C is literally golden aside from it's mediocre power/battery efficiency. With a 21700 or 26650, you can kind of mitigate those inefficiencies but, it's definitely something worth noting. Other than that, it works and vapes like a dream (to your point).

Dicodes has really impressed me with their accuracy, functionality, and quality above all else. Whether it's their chipsets or their own mods, I'm a big fan. Coming from someone who exclusively tooted on DNA's, I was very shocked that there was another chip out there that could deliver the same, and/or better (in certain ways), quality when it came to the WHOLE vaping experience.

I don't use EVERY function of ANY mod but, I do like to tinker with and/or explore the offered options.

Once again, thanks for your reply!

Alex Ferrara

Apr 6, 2020
Oh no. I wasn't faulting you for your knowledge. I wasn't necessarily faulting you at all.

Your OP sounded like you were looking for knowledge and clearly your mind was made up before you started this thread. if I misunderstood then I apologize.
No I understood you! Or at least, I thought I did at that moment. Thanks for the clarification anyways though. Makes me feel a little bit better lol. There's no reason to apologize AT ALL. I was stating my intentions of the post because I felt that you were suggesting or questioning that I was seeking knowledge on the two chipsets, when I already had knowledge on them. There's nothing wrong with your post. I was just clarifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread