When do I stop squonking with the reomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canonikon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
ny
Do I squonk and fill up the reomizer until the liquid is right under the coil/wick? or Over it?
When I squonk too much the juice flows outside of the reomizer is this normal?
But I don't fill it until it's under the wick and the juice comes out anyway.
I vaped and the liquid doesn't go back into the reomizer...

Screen Shot 2013-02-18 at 2.30.12 AM.jpg

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Do I squonk and fill up the reomizer until the liquid is right under the coil/wick? or Over it?
When I squonk too much the juice flows outside of the reomizer is this normal?
But I don't fill it until it's under the wick and the juice comes out anyway.
I vaped and the liquid doesn't go back into the reomizer...

View attachment 179655

You don't need to "fill", just need the wick wet. So squonk just enough for a few drops for the wick to soak up. If you look into the Reomizer you should see very little juice on the bottom. The wicking should be wet.

canonikon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
ny
Hello canonikon it helps when you release bottle to have the mod in a vertical position . If you continue to have problems with the atty leaking I have some 1.5 mm o rings that should help

I'm not sure if this is leaking or if this is normal. Look at my pic, there are juice coming out and surrounding the Reomizer.
People in this forum say if I vape, the drag will pull the juice back into the Reomizer but it's not happening.
Should I loosen up the Reomizer? Cause I tighten it.
Can I remove the Reomizer and push or blow the juice back in? I don't wanna waste the juice...
I tried vaping, and it just burn the wick no pulling of the juice back in....

20130218_125527.jpg

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
My guess is that you are squonking too hard and too long which is flooding your reomizer. I would take the reomizer off and wipe out the catch cup with a napkin or paper towel. Take the cap,off the reomizer and clean it up inside and out. Wipe down the coil end of the reomizer inside and out. Look at the wick. Is the wick touching the bottom of well of your reomizer? It should touch the bottom. It will absorb your juice thus feeding the coil. It doesn't take much juice at all to get a good vape off the coil.

Reassemble the reomizer and put it back on the mod. Do not tighten it down very much. When you feel a little resistance while screwing it back on just give it about 1/8 more of a turn. After doing the above try taking a hit. If the wick is wet you should get a decent vape providing you soaked up some of the juice from the atty.

When you are ready to feed the coil again take the cap off and watch the juice come up through. It doesn't have to be very much at all. Watching this will give you and idea of how much to squeeze the bottle. Only squonk when you feel the vape is getting dry and/ or hot.

The little juice that you will waste cleaning things up is a pittance in the overall picture of getting things right.

I think cartos or 306s with clear drip tips are a good way to start vaping on a new to the owner of a Reo. That way one gets a good feel for squonking and vaping so when they try other things its easier to adapt.

Hope this helps. I sense frustration on your end. You will get it though.

canonikon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
ny
OMG I'm an idiot...I thought the O-ring that came with it was an extra one I didn't even place it on the reomizer !! LOL

But I don't see the wick on the bottom though, should I push the wick/coil down to the bottom?

My guess is that you are squonking too hard and too long which is flooding your reomizer. I would take the reomizer off and wipe out the catch cup with a napkin or paper towel. Take the cap,off the reomizer and clean it up inside and out. Wipe down the coil end of the reomizer inside and out. Look at the wick. Is the wick touching the bottom of well of your reomizer? It should touch the bottom. It will absorb your juice thus feeding the coil. It doesn't take much juice at all to get a good vape off the coil.

Reassemble the reomizer and put it back on the mod. Do not tighten it down very much. When you feel a little resistance while screwing it back on just give it about 1/8 more of a turn. After doing the above try taking a hit. If the wick is wet you should get a decent vape providing you soaked up some of the juice from the atty.

When you are ready to feed the coil again take the cap off and watch the juice come up through. It doesn't have to be very much at all. Watching this will give you and idea of how much to squeeze the bottle. Only squonk when you feel the vape is getting dry and/ or hot.

The little juice that you will waste cleaning things up is a pittance in the overall picture of getting things right.

I think cartos or 306s with clear drip tips are a good way to start vaping on a new to the owner of a Reo. That way one gets a good feel for squonking and vaping so when they try other things its easier to adapt.

Hope this helps. I sense frustration on your end. You will get it though.

garyinco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
CO, USA
I received my first reomizer the other day (have another on order). The stock wick that comes with the reomizer does not touch the bottom. It just sits, floating, in air hanging from the two posts. You do not want to push it down. You don't want any part of the coil touching either the side or the bottom of the reomizer body.

Think of it like the heating element in a hair dryer. As others have said, pull off the drip tip, squonk and watch for liquid to make contact with the wick. Now that you've got the o-ring leak issue resolved I think you will see it behave differently than it did before.

Make sure you keep the coil separated from the metal parts of the reomizer, other than the ends that pass through the two mounting posts.

The supplied wick is very short but works well. Squonk, watch the liquid make contact with the wick/coil, wait a few seconds, take a hit or two. When it begins to have a little burned taste (maybe 4-5 hits), squonk it again. Practice makes perfect and it'll become second-nature.

It sounds like you might be new to the whole e-cig thing. Vaping can seem very harsh to the throat when starting out. If so, try going through the whole inhale/exhale process without opening your mouth - use your nose. That dulls the harshness, and increases flavor IMO. You just have to try it to see what I'm talking about.

This will make sense when you get to the point of making your own coil/wick. Or when you order some pre-built ones from somewhere. Tinkering with this small electrical stuff takes some knowledge and experience. It'll come to ya.

canonikon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
ny
You are right, the wick is too short and does not touch the bottom of the reomizer.
I took it apart and cleaned everything and then put it back together, but there's still leak coming out.
Look at the pictures I uploaded in this link.

http://s1303.beta.photobucket.com/user/canongears/library/

Juice still leaking out as you can see in the pictures..
I received my first reomizer the other day (have another on order). The stock wick that comes with the reomizer does not touch the bottom. It just sits, floating, in air hanging from the two posts. You do not want to push it down. You don't want any part of the coil touching either the side or the bottom of the reomizer body.

Think of it like the heating element in a hair dryer. As others have said, pull off the drip tip, squonk and watch for liquid to make contact with the wick. Now that you've got the o-ring leak issue resolved I think you will see it behave differently than it did before.

Make sure you keep the coil separated from the metal parts of the reomizer, other than the ends that pass through the two mounting posts.

The supplied wick is very short but works well. Squonk, watch the liquid make contact with the wick/coil, wait a few seconds, take a hit or two. When it begins to have a little burned taste (maybe 4-5 hits), squonk it again. Practice makes perfect and it'll become second-nature.

It sounds like you might be new to the whole e-cig thing. Vaping can seem very harsh to the throat when starting out. If so, try going through the whole inhale/exhale process without opening your mouth - use your nose. That dulls the harshness, and increases flavor IMO. You just have to try it to see what I'm talking about.

This will make sense when you get to the point of making your own coil/wick. Or when you order some pre-built ones from somewhere. Tinkering with this small electrical stuff takes some knowledge and experience. It'll come to ya.

Last edited:

canonikon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
ny
How tight do you have the atomizer tightened? Say, if you twisted on the atomizer with your fingertips, with just just pressure to make it turn, and then it reaches the bottom - How much of a turn after that (1/8, 1/4, etc)?

I think I'd try to get a 1.5mm oring from Rob...

I turned it very very slowly with my thumb and my index fingers tips. Then when I feel it's at the bottom and when i cannot turn it anymore with my slightest and light turns with my fingers tips I hold it slightly tighter (more grip) and then turn about 1/8 I would say.

canonikon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
ny
It's screwed on tight, after it touches the bottom or feels stiffer to tigthen, I twisted it about 1/8 down again.
Kinda looks like it's not screwed down tightly enough to me, I can see the line between base and cap, but it might be the reflection fooling me.

Which pic are you referring to?

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
Which pic are you referring to?

All of them. :) It's the reflection from the edge of the drip well then.
I'd say a tiny bit of leakage into the drip well is fairly normal when you oversquonk a bit, happens to me too.
I've read that a tiny bit of plumbers tape(the super thin white one) around the base of the reomizers threads really helps.
If I can find that damn roll I have somewhere, I'll try it. :)

canonikon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
ny
I might have been squonking too much. Because I don't see the wick touching the bottom, I squonk until I see juice touch the wick that's hanging in the middle of the reomizer.

All of them. :) It's the reflection from the edge of the drip well then.
I'd say a tiny bit of leakage into the drip well is fairly normal when you oversquonk a bit, happens to me too.
I've read that a tiny bit of plumbers tape(the super thin white one) around the base of the reomizers threads really helps.
If I can find that damn roll I have somewhere, I'll try it. :)

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
I might have been squonking too much. Because I don't see the wick touching the bottom, I squonk until I see juice touch the wick that's hanging in the middle of the reomizer.

Ah, sound like way too much. When I squonk I just make sure there's coming a little juice up from the hole, say so it barely covers the floor of the base. That worked with the stock setup as well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread