Where Are YOU on your Vaping Journey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlequin

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
I'm a bit over one year in. Never intended to "quit smoking" but I was becoming deeply bitter about being treated as a third class citizen as a smoker. I did my homework and settled on the 501, stuck with that and was amazed that after about three weeks I just didn't want to smoke any more; vaping was flat-out better on every score. Switched from cartridges to dripping at about that time, and I've never looked back.

Since then I've gone through periods of buying cigarettes, a pack lasting anywhere from a week to a month, as this is coming from a former 28-year, pack a day Marlboro Reds 100s smoker. At this stage smoking a cigarette is mostly a nostalgia thing for me; I'd be fine with never smoking again, and I'd never beat myself up for "falling off the wagon", either.

Since switching from the 501s to an eGo with a drip tip a couple of months ago, my desire to smoke has gone down even more.

FWIW I tend to stick to an all-day, every day vape of two drops 30 mg EcoPure Rich and one drop 25 mg English Toffee. What can I say, I have a sweet tooth.

Jimbo52

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Chicago
I started about a year and a half ago. I started with a blu cig and I sit here today vaping on a precise16. What a journey it has been.

My wife gave me THE Ultimatum in June 2009; "You can't smoke in the house any longer because we're taking care of our Grandchildren". (The 'horrible' thing is I never thought of this while raising my 2 kids way back when).

I looked for alternatives and started with the Blu. Found this forum, bought a 306, did more research and eventually got a 510. Quit analogs almost immediately in August 2009, and never once looked back (after 45+ years & PAD+).

What surprises me most over these 15 months is how much the e-cig technology has advanced (by leaps and bounds); High Voltage, Low Resistance, all the Cart Mods, & now Cartos. I started with 36mg. juice and now mostly use 6mg. (depending on device). I'm content vaping, the people around me are content I'm vaping, Until something convinces me that this a bad choice, I'll continue vaping!

hushedpuppy

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2010
Greensboro, NC
I've been vaping since the first of June. I bought an eGo to take with me for a visit with family. None of them smoke and I dreaded looking for opportunities to slip away for a smoke, the pariah on the porch.

I intended to supplement smoking with vaping but then decided that vaping was so pleasurable, I might as well quit smoking. Didn't make it. So I still smoked a few analogs a day while I got used to the ins and outs of charging batteries, filling carts, etc. In August, I celebrated a special anniversary and wondered if I could go without an analog for the day. I could and did and now feel confident in saying that my 39-yr 1.5 PAD habit is in the rear view mirror.

I quit using carts after a couple of months and started dripping. I've kept my eGo kit as a backup but, these days, I'm really enjoying my Provape-1 with LR 510 attys. I'm home most of the time but I just got some cartos to try for when I'm out and about.

I'm still trying out juices, have found a couple of flavors that I can't live without, and I'm looking forward to receiving several flavors I ordered from FSUSA when they had their Black Friday sale. I've dabbled a little with DIY and I think, with my next vaping allowance, I'll stock up on some unflavored nic and flavorings.

I never dreamed I would be able to reply "No" to the question "Do you smoke?" There may come a time when I decide to stop vaping but for now, I'm at least another mod and 25 flavors away from even considering it.

Denrock316

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Ohio, USA
I got my first PV a 510 on July 10th. My original intentions were to just cut back and not smoke in our home anymore. After smoking about 1.5 packs a day for 19 years I quickly cut down to 3-5 a day for the first 3 weeks. The 4th week I smoked 1-2 a day and there was 1 day that week I didn't have any. This convinced me I should just quit and vape all the time. It took me another 3 weeks to completely quit and the main reason was I needed to go from 12mg to 18mg nicotine level to be satisfied. Now I've been analog free since Sept 5th and plan to stay that way. In October I got an eGo and that has made it even easier. In 5 days it will be 3 months. :)

PS- I started with atty's and carts and now I use cartos or drip, haven't touched a cartridge in about 2 months now.

Buckeye Gal

Jun 17, 2010
Ohio
At the beginning of April this year I first heard about the e-cigarette. I googled and read everything I could find but I couldn't decide whether to go with an auto battery or a manual, so I ordered a DSE 901 starter kit and a Joye 510 starter kit. April 15th the auto kit came and I never lit another tobacco cig. After I got my 510 I decided that the manual battery was for me. I have since acquired bigger batteries and mods. My preferences at present are for 3.7V, LR atties, dripping and 16-18 mg/ml juices. After 38 years at 2 packs per day I also never thought I would be a nonsmoker. :)

smilyblue

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2010
NH
This certainly has been a journey. I decided I wanted to run again and knew I needed to quit smoking. I didn't know about ecigs until I saw an advertisement on FB but it was one of those "freebie trials" we all need to avoid, luckily they got my name wrong and the purchase didn't go through. Since then I have done some research and ordered my Yeti 510. The day I got it in the mail I quit not really thinking I would. I have been analog-free for over a month after 27 years of smoking. I also introduced it to my bestfriend and she has quit since her ecig arrived which really shocked me since she wasn't even remotely ready. Then we both have purchased the Riva and have totally been satisfied. On Black Friday I ordered my blue Ego from Liberty-flights and now stalking the mailman...I am trying all kinds of flavors now and decorating my batteries. It's so much more fun then lighting up a ..... I have one debridged atty, drip with my new fancy drip tips, fill cartomizers for long days out and vape at my computer with my passthru...have considered DIY but not there yet...
My addiction to ECF has also helped me stay away from cigarettes so a BIG THANKS goes to this forum!!!
Congrats to everyone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread