Where did the flavour go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
I have been using my 601 for a fortnight now and I am still struggling to get a decent taste from it.

I have changed e-liquids about 9 or 10 times, used the 3 different cartridges it came with (although I did remove the tobacco juice first), tried the straw mod in the cartridge, used them with the cartridge filled to slushy-ness, half filled, dripped in to atty with no cartridge at all.

I have used Menthols, Raspberry, Apple, Arctic Ice, Coffee, single and double flavoured juices to no avail.

I have used a100%PG, 80%PG-20%VG and 50/50.

The vapour is very cool but plentiful in most instances.

The batteries are fully charged. I have blown through the battery section to make sure there is no lingering juice or condensation.

I've tried covering the air intake a little to concentrate the vapour with no (or very minute) discernible change.

To be honest it works like a charm with the exception of flavour. It all tastes like straight PG with the the slightest of flavouring, but not enough to identify what it is.

Any ideas on fixing my little problem.

Rudy33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
hmmm I really don't know what a 601 is but I feel for you. Is this something new with your unit or has it always been that way?

I'd think about getting another PV like a 510 ego (on sale now for 39.99) in the deals and steals section. I use a vGO-900 that breezesmokes sells as a starter for 25 thats a 900mah.

sorry I couldn't help - hang in there though.

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I've alwasy heard that the 601 doesn't deliver flavor as well as an e-cigarette does. Some say it's because of the distance the vapor has to travel from the cart up through the stem. I only vape pure menthol, so it's not an issue for me. However, having said that, I do add concentrated menthol drops to my juice for that extra "punch" in the back of my throat.

I think there are sites that sell flavor drops for use in mixing your own juice. I buy the menthol drops from JuicyLiquid.com. But they only sell menthol drops. Check around and I'm sure you can find someone who sells concentrated drops in other flavors that you can add to your juice.

Ed.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
I was so looking forward to Raspberry or Apple flavours on the 601. But if triple flavour Rapberry won't do it I guess I can stick with my menthol juice as I have about 20 different types. I have menthol drops too so I'll give it a touch-up with that.

I'll just have to wait for the "protopype single" or Janty's Pipe (if and when it's released) for a good tasting pipe it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread