Where do you guys get your Nicotine Base?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Probably a better question for the DIY e-liquid sub-forum (your more likely to reach the folks who can best answer your questions;)):
upload_2019-1-29_16-31-58.png

I like Heartland Vapes. Service, pricing, and speed are all top notch. They are my go-to for nic. I just use their regular shipping (usually free), and have never had to wait more than a week and a half, from order placement, to arrival on door step.:thumb:

Nicotine River, also has lots of fans, and a great reputation for service and speed.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I've bought and used 100mg nic base from the following suppliers: Nude Nicotine, Wizard Labs, Heartland Vapes, RTS Vapes (now Nicotine Giant), Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers, and My Freedom Smokes.

The nic base from the first 5 of those was very good, IMO, though the cost of it from the first 2 was quite a bit higher than from the rest. So, the liters of 100mg nic in "my freezer stash" for the longhaul are from Heartland Vapes, Nicotine Giant, and Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers.

The only 1 of those 6 suppliers that I will never buy nic base from again is My Freedom Smokes. It was very "peppery" and harsh to me, and they shorted me 180mL of the Liter. I gave some of it away and sold the rest to a local DIYer who liked its peppery characteristic, since he prefers tobacco DIY eliquids.

ETA: As far as speed of shipping it once I'd ordered it...all shipped within 1-1.5 business days, except for Nude Nicotine. They were very slow compared to the others.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The thing I notice is nicotine base can be of very widely varying quality. I’ve gotten stuff that is dead clear with no odor, and stuff that is straw colored with a very distinctive ash tray odor. I’m generally willing to pay more for the clear stuff.

Last edited:

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I was buying at Nicotine River until they stopped selling Nicselect. I then went to someone else to buy the Nicselect (Perfect Vapes) and was disappointed as it was not 100% clear. Any color means it has started to oxidize. I have also bought from NUDE and was very happy. If I did not have so much NicSelect from Nicotine River in the freezer and had to buy more I would either buy more NUDE or buy whichever one Nicotine River is currently promoting. Once they stopped selling NicSelect they started selling something else. I think Nicotine River is a good vendor with good shipping time. They have a West Coast and an East Coast warehouse

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
I was buying at Nicotine River until they stopped selling Nicselect. I then went to someone else to buy the Nicselect (Perfect Vapes) and was disappointed as it was not 100% clear. Any color means it has started to oxidize. I have also bought from NUDE and was very happy. If I did not have so much NicSelect from Nicotine River in the freezer and had to buy more I would either buy more NUDE or buy whichever one Nicotine River is currently promoting. Once they stopped selling NicSelect they started selling something else. I think Nicotine River is a good vendor with good shipping time. They have a West Coast and an East Coast warehouse

I'm pretty sure that PurNic is NicSelect and they are getting it from another supplier. Nicriver did not change any of there info they had with nicselect except for the name PurNic. Maybe someone has some more info..

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm pretty sure that PurNic is NicSelect and they are getting it from another supplier. Nicriver did not change any of there info they had with nicselect except for the name PurNic. Maybe someone has some more info..
Someone told me once several years ago (treat as possibly out of date low grade rumor) that there were only 3 kinds of nic: American, Chinese, and Indian. The lowest grade was American by a good margin, followed by Indian Which was refined by fractional distillation, and then Chinese, which was known as “ice” because of its lack of color and smell. How true this was or is I have no idea.

Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The lowest grade was American by a good margin, followed by Indian, and then Chinese

As I remember it, the Indian nic was supposed to be the best, Chinese second. :lol: But that was many years ago. America didn't really make any liquid nic for vaping. Things have changed considerably in recent years.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I’m generally willing to pay more for the clear stuff.

Same here. I want the highest quality, clear, clean, and not peppery. I hate peppery nic. I don't mind paying more or even waiting longer. After all, I have a bunch of 10% nic stored in my freezer and only buy once a year or once every other year at this point.

Reactions: IDJoel

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
As I remember it, the Indian nic was supposed to be the best, Chinese second. :lol: But that was many years ago. America didn't really make any liquid nic for vaping. Things have changed considerably in recent years.
The guy I talked to had never tried the Indian but was very excited to. it sounded to be to be something like half way between the other two. Or at least it does in my memory now. Who knows how truthful it even was in the first place? I do know wizard labs nic used to be pretty awful. That was many years ago though. One would assume they would have improved, especially after they got complaints like the one I gave them. I tried to return the stuff thinking it had gone off. They replied that was how it was supposed to be, whereupon I used it as an insecticide in my garden.

• Agree
Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
They replied that was how it was supposed to be, whereupon I used it as an insecticide in my garden.

I did the same thing with my pink nicotine I got from some supplier--something Express? It was PINK and smelled nasty. Then I found that big Nicotine thread and read every post and just started following their recommendations--found Nude and stayed with it. :)

Reactions: IDJoel

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I did the same thing with my pink nicotine I got from some supplier--something Express? It was PINK and smelled nasty. Then I found that big Nicotine thread and read every post and just started following their recommendations--found Nude and stayed with it. :)
I’d like to know a lot more about how nicotine is produced and what is in it. I’ve considered coming a patron of sci-show on YouTube just so I could have a chance of finding out.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I’d like to know a lot more about how nicotine is produced and what is in it. I’ve considered coming a patron of sci-show on YouTube just so I could have a chance of finding out.

This is my go-to place when nicotine is considered. It's been going on for 7 years. Those people are very knowledgeable and helpful: Nicotine Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread