Where have all the DIY N.E.T. - E-liquid video tutorials/discussion been!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaggery

May 20, 2021
This all will probably sound silly. But why has there not been much video tutorial/tips and tricks content on making NET e-liquids? Just the same few on YouTube and such. I was around before the Internet so things progressed very quickly since then, but it just seems with how normal it is to find something about anything on the web and popular sites for video content that you’d think I’d find this somewhere. There just isn’t much out there with out forums and articles. Why not some cool vids on this topic? I know everyone knows more than me, so someone please help me understand why their slim to none when it comes to DIY NET e-liquid making/perfecting. It’s a great topic when dealing with folks that still want the good stuff flavors even when they are no longer combusting it anymore. At least there are the numerous folks discussing and reviewing sellers of NET e-liquids which is still very appreciated. Who would be kind enough to to share where I’m missing it or tell me why it’s not out there much in vids/clips? I’d appreciate it greatly as following instructions from threads is nice and all, but who doesn’t like to visually learn as well right?! I can save a lot of time with having multiple formats of learning and study. Thanks all!

• Agree
Reactions: Str8vision

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
There were a few videos on YouTube years ago but they were inadequate and one was actually dangerous since the poster used rubbing alcohol. Instructional videos would be a great help to those seeking how-to information, much easier to watch a video than read sometimes confusing instructions.

Reactions: PapawBrett

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Maybe this coming winter, I might ask my son or daughter (both in their early 40's) who are a lot more tech savvy than I am, to help put together some videos. But right now I have over a liter of extracts, can't give them away fast enough. That, and it takes months to do extracts properly so I would need to save unfinished videos. For someone who doesn't have a YouTube account, this will take some planning.

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
I wonder if the less said the better at this point? Flavor concentrate companies maybe don't need to be hassled and a little
searching for answers here yields a lot of great knowledge.

Nah, probably the prohibitionist ban-happy legislation has just made me paranoid. :-/ Free the information flow.

Jaggery

May 20, 2021
Maybe this coming winter, I might ask my son or daughter (both in their early 40's) who are a lot more tech savvy than I am, to help put together some videos. But right now I have over a liter of extracts, can't give them away fast enough. That, and it takes months to do extracts properly so I would need to save unfinished videos. For someone who doesn't have a YouTube account, this will take some planning.

Mmm...makes me think it’s worth the wait if you do choose to document the hard work behind your processes. Even if to keep it simple for you or your son and daughter to look at different ways to showcase or describe what your favorite and tested means to making what sounds like a great extracted e-liquids from your favorite tobaccos. I’d be up for the learning from you! Thanks for writing here. It’s a privilege for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Aerodan

Jaggery

May 20, 2021
I wonder if the less said the better at this point? Flavor concentrate companies maybe don't need to be hassled and a little
searching for answers here yields a lot of great knowledge.

Nah, probably the prohibitionist ban-happy legislation has just made me paranoid. :-/ Free the information flow.

Lol I appreciate your honesty Aeroden! Very funny and interesting all at the same time. Great points there! In an Information Age it is sad to see Prohibitionist legislation banning or push down making it not so free to be the way the community would wish to keep information free and flowing. Very good points indeed. Funny how a more DIY driven nation has a hard time with DIY. I understand there’s more complexities to what the age of DIY produced. Still DIY doesn’t happen without supplies and knowledge and a drivenness. Thanks Aerodan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Aerodan

Jaggery

May 20, 2021
Well, there is this thread. Didn't last long, only about 25 posts, but I tried to get the conversation started...

Thoughts on Beginning to Extract Tobacco Flavors
Wow PapawBrett. Great indispensable links and material. I’m very appreciative of you taking the time to cut much of my looking time down and helping with quality sources. I’ve digested so much due to this. Thanks! I’ve got a couple mixes going now!

Jaggery

May 20, 2021
see the following site for information on this..

Our "You-Tube" Video Page
Very kind of you to click on this thread to drop such a great link. I was lucky enough to come across many NET threads with your handy work in them. PapawBretts last link actually led me to your new YouTube videos as well and I have learned so much from them already. Your seasoned knowledge has helped me confirm ideas needed about flavor profiles per length of time as well as other manners for finishing the NET batches I never would have thought of. Centrifugal processing is genius vs filtering only. I look forward to testing this finishing process and seeing how the flavor profiles are even better to the level of coil/wick use time vs filtered Finish product. It’s interesting to see that you still prefer PG as a sole extraction solvent as apposed to PGA or PGA/PG mix. Your hard work and time in those videos and hopefully more are so worth the effort to me and so many more. Thanks for doing that. Excited for my near future skim testing. Thanks again!

Reactions: PapawBrett
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread