• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Where in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayTheVapingGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
OK... base brat as a kid (military child) and then military member till i medically retired in 04:

CFB Oromocto (Fredericton NB) 79-82
CFB Uplands (Ottawa ON) 82-86
CFB St. Hubert (Sainte-Hubert QC) 86-89
Canadian Embassy Cairo (Cairo Egypt) 89-92
CFB Downsview (Toronto ON) 92-96
14 Wing Greenwood (Greenwood NS) 96-99
Regina Garrison (Regina SK)99-01 - (I Joined the CF in Dec 99)
CFB Wainwright (Denwood AB) 01
CFB Shilo (Brandon MB) 01
16 Wing Borden (Barrie ON) 02; 03
CFB Halifax (Halifax NS) 01-04 (retired Jan 04)
CFB Halifax (Halifax NS) 05-Present (Civilian)

having spent just over half my life in Nova Scotia(16years) and the majority of those in the last 18 years, with my entire extended family living in Yarmouth county, and my daughter born here in Halifax, i consider myself to be a native Haligonian despite technically being a Frederictonian.

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
I travelled bc a lot with the bands for years. when I quit the band and came to vancouver, I got a sales job that put me on the road again 5 weeks later for another 3.5 yrs and I lived from vancouver to brandon, up to whitehorse. I remember the first time my boss said, we need you in houston and I asked, we have offices in texas? oh houston bc...

funniest memory was going into ft st james to set up a photography room and telephones. small towns we just rented a couple rooms in a hotel, and shot a few days there. first hotel I come to has this big sign behind the front desk (remember I am a city boy here)

sign read "Please check in all knives and guns at front desk before entering the bar".... I went to the phone and called my boss and asked wtf was she doing sending me to a place like this. I as thinking dueling banjos should have been playing. scared? oh ya.

Gritti

Jul 3, 2011
Kingston Ontario
vape" data-source="post: 120578" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Mr.vape said:
Where's everyone from? I'm assuming 90% are somewhere in Ontario, 7% are in BC, 2% are outside Canada, and 1% is in Labrador!.. So, just me.

Born in Labrador City. Grew up in Toronto and Ottawa. Been in Kingston for the last 15 years and here to stay I think :)

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
Can I join? Vancouver born, close family ties to Victoria, but did most of my growing up in Edmonton. Now resident in London, but with a son in Vancouver and a sister in Saskatchewan, I'm hoping to return for good in the next few years.

Started with the supermini last September before I found this forum, graduated to the 901, then the penstyle which I use full time now together with the usb through battery and an apc power pack when I'm on the move.

Originally I only wanted these things for long haul flights, hotel rooms and so on, but inadvertently found myself using them most of the day. So, without even trying, I've cut down from 25 cigarettes to around 5 a day, mainly first thing in the morning when the e-cig doesn't quite cut it. I never intended to quit cigarettes entirely and maybe I never will, but for the time being I'm more than happy with the results.

I would say that your heart seems to be in Canada that seems good enough to me . Plus Canada is an independant colony of the UK and the Queen is still our Queen and we have a governer general . So as part of the Common Welth we are all brothers and sisters .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread