• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Where to buy VG & PG in Oz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k.rad

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2010
Adelaide, Australia
So far I've seen both the Fauldings Glycerine and Queen Vegetable Glycerine at the supermarket. Has anyone used both, and is one preferable to the other?

I just browsed through this thread and noticed it mentioned that the Fauldings Glycerine is a synthetic equivalent to VG and I'm not sure which I should go for, or if there is a better VG than Queen brand available (maybe from health food stores or something).

dinium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
So far I've seen both the Fauldings Glycerine and Queen Vegetable Glycerine at the supermarket. Has anyone used both, and is one preferable to the other?

I saw both as well, and there was some reason why I didn't buy the Queens, but I can not remember for the life of me what it was. One of the listed ingredients or contents perhaps? It may have even been the BP rating on the Fauldings (it's apparently the UK version of the US USP rating)

I use the Fauldings in most of my mixes (with distilled water to manage the viscosity).

As to other brands or types, hopefully someone else has looked into it...

COM76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2010
QLD, Australia

I just browsed through this thread and noticed it mentioned that the Fauldings Glycerine is a synthetic equivalent to VG and I'm not sure which I should go for, or if there is a better VG than Queen brand available (maybe from health food stores or something).

I think it is worth going out to the health food store and getting Pure Vegetable Glycerine. It does only cost about $6.00 for 200ml (The brand i got was Melrose). I think since it is the same price as Fauldings (sometimes cheaper) and just as readily available, for the piece of mind just buy it. The fauldings brand i purchased first and had no problems with it but it is synthetic, why not just buy the VG from the health food store next time you need some.

I however have since realised i cannot use Pure vegetable glycerine (Health food shop brand) as it gives me severe cramps i can however use small amounts of Fauldings BP . This just proves there are difference between the two.

k.rad

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2010
Adelaide, Australia
Thanks for weighing in guys. I'm starting to run a bit low on VG juice, so I reckon I'll be picking up some VG tomorrow and trying my hand at blending my own with some tasteless 36mg I have.

i cannot use Pure vegetable glycerine (Health food shop brand) as it gives me severe cramps

Bummer. Do you get the same thing from vaping Dekang VG juice?

I'm the other way around and seem to have a bit of trouble with PG juice. It seems to give me a sore throat if I vape too much of it.

COM76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2010
QLD, Australia
Bummer. Do you get the same thing from vaping Dekang VG juice?

Have not tried that juice mate. As for the sore throat. How long have you been vaping? My throat was sore for the first week i was told that was just me ajusting to vaping i also lowered the nic content by adding more pg. Vaping has become such a hobby for me i wish i could enjoy every part of it but alas i miss out on VG.

k.rad

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2010
Adelaide, Australia
Have not tried that juice mate.
Dekang is the manufacturer of most (all?) juice that comes from China, so if you've bought any from China chances are you may have tried it (the PG variety anyway).

Have you tried any VG apart from the health food store gear? I guess there's a chance that the specific brand you used is the culprit if so.

As for the sore throat. How long have you been vaping? My throat was sore for the first week i was told that was just me ajusting to vaping i also lowered the nic content by adding more pg. Vaping has become such a hobby for me i wish i could enjoy every part of it but alas i miss out on VG.

I've been vaping for ~4 weeks now, and I did get a slight sore throat when I started too. I had a heavy session on some PG juice the other night whilst knocking back a few brews and had a pretty sore throat later in the evening and the next day.

I've vaped just as heavily (and heavier) a few times on mostly VG juice and didn't have any probs, so I'm suspicious that PG is the culprit. I'm staying off the PG for a few days atm and will try it again at a later date to confirm whether it gives me any more trouble.

Last edited:

COM76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2010
QLD, Australia
I have ordered from light in the box and their stuff is fine for me no problems at all. It was definately PG. I have tried Melrose pure vegetable glyc that was the worst for me Fauldings BP is a little better in small amounts. I have yet to try another source. I to had a big night on the vape i used the light in the box stuff and i did have a sore throat but a lot better than a night on the cigs. I have been vaping for about the same time as you i am still experimenting with lots of things. I have put a bit of money into this. I have about 2 years supply of juice got lots of mixing to do to work out what suits me most. Dont forget to drink lots of water with PG.

k.rad

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2010
Adelaide, Australia
I have tried Melrose pure vegetable glyc that was the worst for me Fauldings BP is a little better in small amounts. I have yet to try another source.
I reckon it could be worth trying some store bought VG nicotine juice before you totally write it off, just to be sure. Unless someone else can vouch for the quality of the Melrose stuff.

Dont forget to drink lots of water with PG.
Well, beer is mostly water I guess, and there was no shortage of that when I had my trouble :)

I still haven't written off PG yet, and I'd love to be able to keep vaping it, but I'm just very suspicious that it doesn't agree with me as well as VG does.

Handy hint when ordering PG from the chemist...

ANY chemist in Australia can order in PG for you...it's obviously NOT illegal but (as some of us have learn't), it's awkward explaining to an assistant what you need it for! The moment you mention electronic cigs...you'll usually get a polite NO!!!

Ordering PG the easy way...go to your nearest chemist...say you're making "flavoured smoke-machine" liquid - within 7 days your order will be waiting!!!

maximum cost will be $34 for 500ml of pharma grade.
Manufacturer is "david craig galenicals" - Biotech pharmaceuticals P/L 83 Cherry Lane laverton Nth.

I have EXTENSIVELY used glycerine bought from the chemist and supermarket. My favorite for mixing is DEFINITELY the queens brand glycerine- primarily used in cakes, toppings and setting fruit flans etc... find it in the cake aisle with the flavourings. $3.20 per 300ml - has a very sweet taste!!!

the glycerine in the PHARMACEUTICAL/MEDICAL aisle is $8 per 300ml (fauldings), is used for "cracked hands" etc and IMO tastes crap!

Either way, just mix a bit of water in to thin it out! (i use mineral water - it's fine!)

BUT the BEST place for premixed PG-based UNUSUAL flavours is any INDIAN supermarket.
These guys have such magnificent options as - tandoori, mango, gulab juman, biryani, lemon, rosewater, almond, cashew, peanut, pineapple, lotus(?) and many more!!!

The smaller shops tend to only have almond or rose - the larger have everything!!! They make heaps of creamy custardy thingos with the flavours!!!

Price: usually around or under $2 per 30ml bottle!!!

ENJOY!!!!

I paid $AU44 for a 500ml bottle of PG from a pharmacy. I didn't need to show ID or give my name. I was asked when collecting it what I intended to use it for and I just said for a smoke machine. I realize $44 is expensive yet 500ml will keep me going for a long time. As far as i'm aware there shouldn't be any restrictions in place for the over the counter sale of this product.

MattC

Oct 5, 2011
Australia
Handy hint when ordering PG from the chemist...

ANY chemist in Australia can order in PG for you...it's obviously NOT illegal but (as some of us have learn't), it's awkward explaining to an assistant what you need it for! The moment you mention electronic cigs...you'll usually get a polite NO!!!

Ordering PG the easy way...go to your nearest chemist...say you're making "flavoured smoke-machine" liquid - within 7 days your order will be waiting!!!

maximum cost will be $34 for 500ml of pharma grade.
Manufacturer is "david craig galenicals" - Biotech pharmaceuticals P/L 83 Cherry Lane laverton Nth.

I have EXTENSIVELY used glycerine bought from the chemist and supermarket. My favorite for mixing is DEFINITELY the queens brand glycerine- primarily used in cakes, toppings and setting fruit flans etc... find it in the cake aisle with the flavourings. $3.20 per 300ml - has a very sweet taste!!!

the glycerine in the PHARMACEUTICAL/MEDICAL aisle is $8 per 300ml (fauldings), is used for "cracked hands" etc and IMO tastes crap!

Either way, just mix a bit of water in to thin it out! (i use mineral water - it's fine!)

BUT the BEST place for premixed PG-based UNUSUAL flavours is any INDIAN supermarket.
These guys have such magnificent options as - tandoori, mango, gulab juman, biryani, lemon, rosewater, almond, cashew, peanut, pineapple, lotus(?) and many more!!!

The smaller shops tend to only have almond or rose - the larger have everything!!! They make heaps of creamy custardy thingos with the flavours!!!

Price: usually around or under $2 per 30ml bottle!!!

ENJOY!!!!

Thx for your post, Was very informative and givin me the information i was looking for in this thread!

VShe

Jul 27, 2011
East Coast OZ
Cheapest I've found in Australia to buy PG and VG is Vape King DIY Supplies

Favourite nic supplier at the moment is RTSVapes RTS Vapes but be warned, can take 3-5 weeks to arrive.

Read the DIY forum to find how to mix it & be careful handling the undiluted nic base - wear gloves - don't get it on your skin. Maybe even wear goggles if using highest concentration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread