The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Where to buy VG & PG in Oz?

Discussion in 'Australia - New Zealand Forum' started by webofsound, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ralph123

ralph123 Full Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Australia
    Newb here :) hopefully will be getting my joy before easter. I have order PV jiuice, however i would like to dilute it. Is it possible to mix PV juice with VG? ie stuff that is easy to buy from chemist / coles.?

2. ralph123

ralph123 Full Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Australia
    Found the answer to my question looking at differnt recipes :p It is possible to mix both VG and PG

Does anyone know if it is still possible to get PG from Chemists still?

3. dinium

dinium Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    I got both and some 0mg PG to fill up the box :rolleyes:. Will let you know when they arrive.

Flavours = Queens at the moment. I'm looking to try a couple of the others soon. Any recommendations?

4. COM76

COM76 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    QLD, Australia
    Yes it is possible to get it at most/all Chemists they sell it in 500ml bottles but if asked they will sell smaller amounts. They will probably have to take down your details and they will ask what you are using it for. (Just be honest) It sells 500ml for about $35. Best to mix VG and PG together to get the best of both worlds maybe a bit of vodka to for the added throat hit.

5. COM76

Mar 18, 2010
    QLD, Australia
    Thanks. Also did you get charged $13.85 for postage 6-10 days? (priority Mail)
    Mine got ordered as priority mail but usps screwed up their details and it says first class (which takes longer) I am worried but Levy assured me it will be still under priority mail.

Going to try inspiredbychocolate go to their web site they are in Australia they do next day delivery not to sure on their potency but by word of mouth they are better than queens thumbs down. Let me know how you go.:)

6. Kimmyw

Kimmyw Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2010
    QLD Australia
    If you ordered Lorans flavs, the spreadsheet will give you the number of drops required, if you ordered the other brands, you get to experiment, just remember to start small..

One suggestion was to use the condom for mixing, that way if its not right, you only waste a few drops.

7. dinium

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Levy provided me with a coupon code to change the total price of the shipping and use the USPS Priority Mail option. This bought it down from $30+ to $14 or so.

If you order 125ml bottles (or smaller) - he can fit these into a standard USPS flat pack box that apparently is a lot cheaper.

8. COM76

Mar 18, 2010
    QLD, Australia
    I know this is slightly of topic. Has anyone gotten any stomache cramps using VG. I just got my order from light in the box cut some down with 30% VG and straight away got really bad cramps

9. tonic

tonic Full Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Australia
    Allergies can show up differently so if you think it is giving you cramps cease using it. If cramps go away and you are fine, if using vg is important to you, you can test a small amount and see if the cramps come back.

Vg is a laxative which is why you may be experiencing the stomach cramps, but if your body doesn't like don't use.

Tonic

10. COM76

Mar 18, 2010
    QLD, Australia
    Yeah smoked some more of it today and right away got the cramps. Lasted about 25 min then it goes. Lucky i only mixed up a 10ml tester. Will have to stick to PG which is dissapointing becuase i wanted to make 50/50 mixes for the benefits of using both. Owell. At least i am still alive and well.:)

11. dinium

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    That's a bugger! :( Especially when it's getting harder to find PG locally...

Glad to hear you identified the issue and you're ok.

12. dinium

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Check your mailbox... mine arrived safe and sound. :w00t: I've already told my wife she's not allowed in the kitchen tonight!!!

13. COM76

Mar 18, 2010
    QLD, Australia

Mine aint there. What date did you order yours? I ordered on the 25th shipped on the 26th.

14. dinium

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Around then - maybe a little earlier. You're in Queensland right?

I've found every order that has ended up at Brisbane customs takes 2-3 days longer than other states. Melbourne customs normally have stuff out the same day.

15. dinium

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Anyone know where I can get a litre or two of PG? My local chemist declined the offer to order it...

And any news Com?

16. COM76

Mar 18, 2010
    QLD, Australia
    Got it today. It was in the mail box thought i would have had to sign for it. Kinda worrying about it saying Massage oil considering if you did use it for that it would kill you. Now i only have to wait for the flavourings to come tomorow.

17. tonic

tonic Full Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Australia
    New Directions sells it and if you are looking for large quantities they would be where I would go, however I haven't bought it from them and I can't testify as to wether it is BP grade. You will need to contact them and ask my assumption would be that it is as they sell essential oils etc to herbalists.

Humectants - New Directions Australia

I know they sell to herbalists I don't know if they sell to non herbalists you probable need to check that.

18. billyboy689

billyboy689 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2008
    australia
  19. COM76

Mar 18, 2010
    QLD, Australia

Their prices are so cheap to cheap something is wrong there. Im gonna email them about this good find tonic.

20. dinium

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    I just spent 20 minutes working out what Humectants were :) Thanks for the link!

I wonder if this is food grade... I've already emailed them and will post the results when they reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.