Where's the lowest price vg, pg and nic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Well, until about 45 minutes ago...I could have given you a coupon code to use for $15 off $30 or more, at Bulk Apothecary online...which is where I get all my VG and PG by the gallon jug. Unfortunately, it expired at midnight.

Their VG is usually $13.40 for a 10lb jug (a gallon) and their PG is usually $18.52 for an 8lb. jug (a gallon). It's super quality, always packed well for shipment, and they're fast shipping it, too, usually. When I get a gallon of each, with shipping, from them in OH to me in FL...the total is about $42. They run sales sometimes for 10-15% off. They've had quite a few in just the last month or so.

For nicotine base, prices vary pretty much, depending upon who you get it from, what sales they're having, and what's considered the best quality or lower than that, but perfectly vapable. The most frequently recommended places are: Nude Nicotine, Wizard Labs, RTS Vapes, Heartland Vapes, and My Freedom Smokes.

The above order I put them in is usually the order they fall into from highest price to lowest for those 5, depending on coupons available, etc. I've personally tried all of those except for Heartland Vapes. I like the first 3 the best. MFS I didn't care for at all because IMO it is more "peppery" than the other 3 I've tried, and...the liter I ordered was 180mL short!

I know there are many other places DIYers get it, too, but I don't know anything about them. One is Carolina Extracts (I think), but it's even higher $$ than all the others.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I, once again, find myself in almost complete agreement with @JCinFLA!
32.gif

For PG, and VG I find myself returning to Bulk Apothecary ("Glycerin" and "Propylene Glycol"). There is huge support for Essential Depot, and in particular their "Glycube" 4-gallon mix-n-match shipping boxes. But my personal experience has shown that Bulk Apothecary is still cheaper once you include shipping (ED is available on Amazon, and some feel they get a better deal being Prime members, though Amazon prices are higher than ED's homepage).

For nicotine I will slightly waiver with JC only because I am more obsessive/compulsive than she is. I agree that the five she lists are probably the most commonly mentioned. If Nude Nicotine is the "gold" standard (and priced) then Carolina Xtracts is Platinum (and priced) as JC said. Prices (high to low) as I currently see them at the time of writing this are (all 100mg/mL, 1liter units unless otherwise noted AND no coupon/discount taken into consideration):
Carolina Xtract: $155.99/L
Nude Nicotine: $105.00/L
VapersTek (ChemNovatic): $82.00/L
Wizard Labs: $56.99/***0.5L (***WL does not offer a 1L option for retail sale. Equates to $103.98/L)
RTS: $99.00/L
Nicotine River (NicSelect): $59.99/L
My Freedom Smokes: $50.00/L
Heartland Vapes: $44.99/L

As for my personal experience with the above mentioned vendors (I have only used three of them): I would personally rank them as:
Heartland Vapes (No noticeable addition to a mix; even when I try to identify it.)
RTS (maybe a slight peppery note if I really focus on it; but that could all be in my head)
Wizard Labs (does add a minor peppery note when used above 6mg/mL and/or the concentrate is more than 6 months old and the bottle is below half full; exposing a greater surface area to potential oxygen exposure)

Worthy of note: Both ChemNovatic (a primary supplier in the EU), and NicSelect, have their ardent supporters that would have their preferred product placed at the "premium" level along with Nude Nicotine and Carolina Xtract. I have tried none of the four product lines (they are outside my budget), and can therefore, offer no opinion.

Also worthy of note: I have not personally used My Freedom Smokes (MFS) nicotine concentrates, but from what I have read, has developed a reputation for having a particularly peppery/harsh nicotine concentrate. The most recent posts I have seen attribute this to a previous supplier to MFS. MFS has listened to their customers, and are now buying from a different supplier, and the most recent feedback is very positive saying that is is quite smooth with no harsh/peppery notes. Please understand I HAVE NO PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with ANY of MFS' nicotine concentrates and can offer no personal experience.

Closing thoughts: this list is provided trying to compare "apples to apples." It does not take into consideration current coupons or other offering such as "free samples" (shipping fees may apply). smaller quantities, or newer offerings like nicotine salts, or non tobacco derived nicotine.

Please do your own research. This information is provided only as a help to get you started (and I don't know squat!
32.gif
). (And since this sounds like a professional disclaimer; I am not affiliated with any manufacturer, or vendor, associated with anything to do with vaping. Heck! Even my ex-wife won't acknowledge me. :D )

You have my best wishes on your search! Let us know how it turns out.

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
I've always been pleased with Vapers Tek.

You could try a smaller bottle of a few of the ones mentioned in the above posts to see what you like.

Here is the smaller bottles of Vapers Tek Premium and Throat Hit. (I have both and can't tell much difference between the two.)

Premium Nicotine - 120 mL - Vapers Tek

Throat-Hit Nicotine - 120 mL - Vapers Tek

Just noticed that the Throat Hit now states "New" so it's probably different from what I ordered a while back. Still, for only $10.00, if you end up liking it a liter is only $40.00. :)

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    If you are new to diy, I'd recommend buying small samples from a few places. I only mix for myself (unflavored) and just buy the vg/pg @ the same place as the nic. I can vouch for Wizard labs for consistency and quality. Most shops recommended here are of good quality. Have fun

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I bought most of my freezer nic from RTSVapes but didn't pay their price for it. I take advantage of the price match option. I payed $40.00 per liter for my last 2 liters from them. I do have some 100mg/ml from MyFreedomSmokes and noticed that it is getting a slight tinge of color to it even though it has been stored in the freezer. The 100mg/ml I got from RTS is still crystal clear. I also have some 48mg/ml from MFS that is 4 years old and it is still crystal clear.

These are the only 2 places I have bought from so can't comment on any of the other suppliers.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I've been mixing and vaping from a liter of MyFreedomSmokes nic for about 4 months now and the best I can tell it's clear, although it may have a slight tint visible if transferred to a clear bottle. The shipping bottle is white plastic. When I withdraw it using a dropper it's water clear.

I don't like a lot of throat hit from nic, but I do like a little tongue bite to let me know there's nic in the juice. I get a small but sufficient nic bite from MFS nic at 3mg/ml strength. I vaped 24mg/ml juice until about 2 years ago when I changed to 3mg/ml strength. Most of us agree that within limits we either detect nic or we don't. When I tried to drop to zero nic it was boring without that little reminder that there was nic in the juice, so I returned to 3mg and was happy at that level.

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    @Rickb119 and @r77r7r both make an excellent point. I listed liter pricing for easy comparison. If you are not in a panic to stockpile I would strongly suggest buying small sizes first so you can sample the different brands and make sure they are to your liking. Some of the retailers even offer free samples for only the price of shipping.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    @Rickb119 and @r77r7r both make an excellent point. I listed liter pricing for easy comparison. If you are not in a panic to stockpile I would strongly suggest buying small sizes first so you can sample the different brands and make sure they are to your liking. Some of the retailers even offer free samples for only the price of shipping.

Since I live in CA and the cig tax passed which includes ecig stuff (boo hoo), I'm wanting to buy before the new year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Since I live in CA and the cig tax passed which includes ecig stuff (boo hoo), I'm wanting to buy before the new year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until a couple of years ago Georgia was a no fireworks state, although firing them was overlooked by law enforcement around the 4th of July and at Christmas and New Years.

We planned our route to Florida every year to pass by the Huge Fireworks Stores by cutting through a corner of Alabama on the way back from the beach. Maybe it would be easy to secure a liter of nic in an adjacent state once a year if you vacation where it's available. ;)

A Google search turned up the tax at 67%. Is that true? It would be worth it to find a cheaper source. How do they restrict and tax mail purchases?

Vapers beware: E-cigarettes in line for a big tax increase if Proposition 56 passes

Last edited:
    Reactions: ChelsB

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    RTS Vapes is having a 20% off sitewide sale until the end of the year. However, their 1L of 100mg/mL Nic base is $99, so even with discount it's $79.20/Liter. They have decent nic base, so I'd try to find anywhere that has it lower-priced and get them to do a price match on it.

EDIT: I just checked and Heartland Vapes has it for $44.99/liter for 100mg/mL. So, if you got RTS to price match, and with their free S/H with $75+ purchase...you could get 2L for $90 with free S/H from RTS Vapes!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread