Which flavour is the most safe????

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I'll try to help you, but no study has been made to rate the safety of individual flavors. Some flavorings might have ingredients that change to toxic substances when vaporized. That's a theory considered likely, but no studies prove it either way.

Since flavorings seem to present more of a likely hazard than either propylene glycol or vegetable glycerine, the presumption of safety would then be tobacco flavors like virginia, flue-cured, Fargo, CML, cigar, French Pipe, etc. I find some too harsh to use -- particularly the cigar-Heavy Shag blend. I get some harshness from Fargo (flue-cured) as well.

Since I don't have breathing problems, my preferences are Janty RY4 and Cappucino. Neither has a tobacco taste but they are excellent.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Perhaps another answer alongside this might be: the Ruyan-carts. Seeing these at least are being tested and reported to be safe. (Meaning real ruyan, not the ruyan with numbers from others)
This certainly does not mean the others are not safe. Just that we don't have test-results of those (they might even have been tested just as well as ruyan has been, but we just don't knów that) and we do have test-results out in the open about ruyan-liquid.

Last edited:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
That is what Tropical Bob wrote and he always knows what he is talking about--he stated, "I'll try to help you, but no study has been made to rate the safety of individual flavors. Some flavorings might have ingredients that change to toxic substances when vaporized. That's a theory considered likely, but no studies prove it either way." and then gave his opinion on it. Take it for what it is worth--most of us do.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Real Ruyan doesn't have any specific flavours... and for the others: there are resellers stating they do have their carts/liquid 'completely tested' (but don't disclose those testresults). So indeed that means there are no specific flavor-studies/-testing that we know of. So take the advice for what it is worth.

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I certainly hope so. The primary taste of RY4 is caramel/vanilla. I love vanilla and don't buy into any stuff about it being "dangerous". Also love the taste of good tobacco, like that I smoke in my pipe. So I won't shun tobacco flavors -- ever. Heck, I have no desire to vape a strawberry shortcake. I want smoke flavor!

Dr. Murray Laugesen's first report a year ago said the Ruyan liquid tests came back with one undesirable element. Ruyan apparently went to great extremes to track down the source -- and it was a flavoring additive. They eliminated that flavor additive and haven't had a bad test since the batches of December a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread