Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweeney Todd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2012
Durham, NC USA
stvapors.com
I've got a generic DCT and my wife has a Volcano Tank. No complaints here other than a slightly muted flavor (might just be us), so we're going to replace the cartos with 1.7 Smoktechs and see how they do.

The Volcano Tank itself is very sturdy and it's attractive (my wife's is chromed). The branding is conspicuous but not annoying.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I'm currently using Mom and Pop Vapor Shop's Submarine Mini tank.

Not sure how they compare to other tanks, but what I like about 'em is, they have a thumbscrew on the side of the tank.

No need to remove the top cap, every time you want/need to refill! Simply lay the tank on it's side, unscrew the thumbscrew and fill!

Then put the thumbscrew back in, and you're good to go!

They can be purchased with Boge 2.0 or 3.0 cartos for the mini, or with SmokTech 1.7 ohm with the Submarine Tank.

Amazing flavor and vapor production, but that's a factor of the carto (I'm currently using the Boge 3.0 on a ProVari) then the tank. You can really change the carto to anything you want, as long as it'll fit.

:vapor:

Tanks_Resized_60__35134_zoom.jpg

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I use the chibi type tank from parksvaping. But the only thing is you have to slide the needle between the grommet and the tank to fill. There is a lot of room for error because built up, excess air inside the tank can/will cause the carto to flood and dump it's juice out the bottom of the carto. I like the idea of a screw in the tank to be able to take it off and fill and let any excess air escape, it's hard to do that with a tank that doesn't have a side hole and screw.

I've had good luck with the chibi tank because I know how the air pressure issue works but I've seen a lot of people who don't and then complain about leaking. It's a pain when I'm out and about and the carto starts flooding and I know I need to get the excess air out. I have to take something and slide it between the grommet and tank.. it would be so much easier to have a fill hole and just unscrew the screw to let any air out that needed letting out.

I could mod my tanks to get a fill hole, I've seen others here do it.. just get anxious at the thought of going out to find a screw to fit and then drilling a hole. Might just order one from the Mom and Pop vapor shop.

bseven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario

Not sure how they compare to other tanks, but what I like about 'em is, they have a thumbscrew on the side of the tank.

No need to remove the top cap, every time you want/need to refill! Simply lay the tank on it's side, unscrew the thumbscrew and fill!

They can be purchased with Boge 2.0 or 3.0 cartos for the mini, or with SmokTech 1.7 ohm with the Submarine Tank.

Amazing flavor and vapor production, but that's a factor of the carto (I'm currently using the Boge 3.0 on a ProVari) then the tank. You can really change the carto to anything you want, as long as it'll fit.

Those are nice. Will the Boge 3.0 cartos fit in the submarine tank or are all boge and smoketech different sizes? I have a bunch of Boges and would prefer to get the larger tank.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I went ahead and ordered the mini sub tank from Mom and Pop... I've heard some good reviews about how easy it is to fill. Like I said above, it's not the filling of the tank that is the problem for me.. it's being able to equalize the inside pressure and I want to try being able to unscrew the little screw and let air out and I've not heard any issues with these flooding or leaking. If this works, I'll try to mod my chibi type tanks for a fill hole. I went ahead and got the assembled tank with the 3.0 carto inside it.. the diy tanks without the carto is $9.49 and that's a good price for a good tank.

Thanks for the tip!

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
I love my Mom & Pop's tanks. So far I have 3 of them. The main benefits of them is easy filling and they don't slide up or down on my cartos at all. I will be ordering more of them soon. I forgot to mention the price is awesome also. You can order them w/o a carto. BTW Mom & Pop are awesome and always send a sample of their juice in the package as well.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Those are nice. Will the Boge 3.0 cartos fit in the submarine tank or are all boge and smoketech different sizes? I have a bunch of Boges and would prefer to get the larger tank.

The Boge 3.0 cartos will fit the Mini only. They're too short to fit the standard Submarine Tank. (See the picture above, and you can see that the carto is longer in the Submarine Tank then the ones used in the Sub Mini).

I ended up purchasing two of the Sub minis. You can get about 3.5 ml of juice in the tank and in the cart, which I've found will last me just about all day. I assume if I left the house early morning, say, going to an amusement park with my kids, and didn't return until past midnight, I'd drain the tank before the night is out.

But during most days, the mini works great!

I also just replaced the carto on the mini, and it was really a piece of cake, very easy to do.

I've now ordered some IKenVape dual coil cartos, to see how well those work out with this tank.

They should work fine.

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
I just went with the Volcano Tube tank since I had none and was already ordering the Volcano. Just for informative purposes: I cannot recommend the Tube Tank 3.0 refills because my experience with the first two I've tried is that they do not wick properly. To be more precise: They flood constantly. I have a thread at the Volcano Forum started and hopefully get some answers. Now, the 1.5 dual works fantastic BUT you're not gonna vape that above 3.7v on the LT if that's a concern. Personally the 1.5 dc works great for my needs but I'm still "irked" about the 3.0 single coils because I ordered and potentially wasted 10.00. I've got three left so maybe I'll still get lucky and they or at least one will work. I'll update this post if I get any answers.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
BTW Mom & Pop are awesome and always send a sample of their juice in the package as well.

Yeah, I should have mentioned this as well!

I originally ordered one Sub Mini, and one Submarine tank. I then thought about it, and decided that I'd really prefer the shorter tanks... a quick e-mail to Pop, and within about 10 minutes he wrote back, said he'd catch my package before it shipped out and replace the Sub with a 2nd mini. Shortly thereafter, I received an email that Mom & Pop had sent me a package....

And yea... the bonus sample of juice is a nice touch!

They are really great to deal with! (as most vendors on these boards are, in all honesty!)

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana

Thanks, I just ordered a couple of these bad boys......:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread