Which types of e-cigs deliver nicotine like a cigarette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfjardine02

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Hershey
I have heard that some e-cigs are able to deliver a decent amount of nicotine to the user, like from a cigarette, whereas others produce a vapor but the user doesnt seem to get much of a nicotine hit from it.Can anyone tell me what are the main characteristics of the "good" ones (i.e. the ones that I can actually inhale nicotine from)? (apart from the nic content of the liquid). The main brands that deliver decent nicotine (and the main brands to avoid) would also be helpful.Thanks

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Avoid automatic batteries - only buy manuals which give a better hit

And in general, the fatter the ecig, the bigger hits it can deliver. When you get up the 14mm+ diameter batteries like Ego and Riva 510 and mods - anything 450mah+, you can also use LR attachments which are hotter and generally make bigger drags with more hit

If you want a slim-ish Ecig I recommend Vapor4Life w/ manual batteries - allows up to a a 10-13 second drag instead of cutting off at 5 seconds. All decent slim ecigs are a bit fatter than a cigarette 9.2mm or 9.4mm diameter instead of 8.5mm diameter.

couch magnet

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2011
california
I'm pretty sure all e cigs deliver nicotine the same way by atomizing the liquid into a vapor. It is the e liquid itself wich determines how much milograms of nicotine the user will recieve. Some e cigs are far better than others.
I suggest you pick up a gas station desposable e cig in the range of 18 mg if you smoke about a pack of day and see if you're interested in the switch. The gas station e cigs are not that good but will give you a feel if you think it may work for you. If it does come back to the forum and ask peoples about a good setup.
Best of luck!:vapor:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Manuals are harder to damage or kill with juice leaks (not dependent on a little drag switch right inside the battery through an open hole). Manuals won't turn on accidentally from wind or vibration. Manuals make it easier to get a good hit. Yes you have to press a button. You can press it 1-2 seconds early so there is nice vapor waiting when you start your drag, just like a cigarette. If you use autos, you may need to do a fake primer drag first to warm it up and then your real drag.

Buy what you want. Most people here use a recommend manuals.

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
Okay, I have a recommendation to get a manual, and an eGo, can I get a manual eGo?

I think that all EGo's and their cousins (KGo, IGo, Riva, etc.) are manuals.

I would recommend that you look into getting an E-Power from Crystal Clear Vaping. They are cost efficient because if any part breaks, you replace just that part; with an EGo you have to replace the whole thing. The batteries are fairly cheap at ~$4 each compared to $14+ for EGo batts.

Having said all of that, EGo's are popular for a reason.

MegaBee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2011
Queensland Australia
Okay, I have a recommendation to get a manual, and an eGo, can I get a manual eGo?
Hi Jfjardine02, I started on a little auto e-cig, it was a pain to use, hard to drag on, always running out of battery life, always on charge, had to carry a pile of them to get through a huge day of traveling and work, seriously if I had my time again, i would start on EGO manual, the button press thing is really second nature after a couple of goes and it really makes the whole experience much smoother and satisfying, not to mention you only need to carry 2 around at the most to get through an entire day. I highly recommend them and I have tried 2 types of slim auto ones and wish I had of saved my cash and started out with the Ego in the begining.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Good advise here. The higher the nic, the more you get and the more TH (Throat Hit). I have not tried 36 nic level, highest I ever tried was 24, I usually vape 6 nic, but when I get a real craving the 24 or 18 does it for me. Vaper production varries because of PG or VG, most like a 70 PG and 30 VG give or take. But higher VG gives more vaper. Have fun searching! bnrk

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Autos tend to be inconsistent. Some you can take a good drag on, but some you almost have to attach it to a vacuum cleaner to get it to fire. A manual allows you to take the kind of hit you are used to without having to worry as much about the automatic cut-off the auto batteries have.

The only autos I have found that work great is the Halo G6, they are so easy to draw and give a really nice warm vape with no effort. I actually prefer the G6 autos to their manual. But this is the only one :) bnrk

xhuffer

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
SoCal
I started with a gas station style e-cig. It was overpriced & cheap crap. But it did come with 5 carts. After running through those, I knew e-cigs were the way to go. I instantly lost the desire for analogs.
After scouring this site and being confounded by the range of products available, I settled on an eGo-T type B. They can be had from any number of suppliers on this forum. This would be a good starter system for a noob.
Once you get used to them & figure out how to properly draw, you will never go back. Check them out & read the eGo forum for more info.
Good luck & vape on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread