White Flavoring Bottle. How to see through them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shangula

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
British Columbia
Dashvapes ships a lot of its flavoring bottles in white bottles. A staff member told me to use a flashlight to see what's inside. Problem is you need to peel the label, and I find it still doesn't work properly. This is crucial knowing many ML roughly for ordering more for flavors and mixing new batches.

Should I Just weigh an empty bottle, substract that # of grams from a bottle then convert grams to ML? Or just take spouts off and 'eye' it?

What do you all do?

PS: Google turned up nothing.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
?! Weird question. this sounds like one of those pro juice mixer questions of which I am not one, though there are several around. May take awhile for one to show up. It’s nice to have things responded to promptly though even if the answer may not be useful.

Personally and theoretically, If I wanted to keep the label and I had a scale easily handy I’d weigh it. More accuracy, less work. It’s all in how handy the scale was though, and how much accuracy I actually needed and what I needed it for. Bottle weight might not matter much depending on how big the bottle is. I’ve seen pics of gallon jugs of flavorings being used by pro mixers though so it might. If all I needed to know was when the thing was getting near empty I’d probably just pick it up and shake it to get a rough idea of how much juice was left over eyeballing it. If I needed rate of use over time weights make numbers with which handy things can be done. They can be plugged into spreadsheets for one thing. With weights and graphs you could predict future use, more easily notice under use, detect theft, all kinds of things. There are companies that have services for bars that weigh every liquor bottle every night to get numbers like this.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Dashvapes ships a lot of its flavoring bottles in white bottles. A staff member told me to use a flashlight to see what's inside. Problem is you need to peel the label, and I find it still doesn't work properly. This is crucial knowing many ML roughly for ordering more for flavors and mixing new batches.

Should I Just weigh an empty bottle, substract that # of grams from a bottle then convert grams to ML? Or just take spouts off and 'eye' it?

What do you all do?

PS: Google turned up nothing.

Place bottle in refrigerator until chilled.
Remove bottle to warm humid environment.
Condensation will form on the bottle where it is occupied by the liquid.

HTH
I

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
@Izan - Awesome answer! Never in a million years would I have thought of that.

@shangula – I also order my flavours from Dashvapes. I measure and record when I first receive them, then measure again throughout usage and calculate the remaining. Have yet to reach an empty bottle so do not know how much the bottle weighs with label.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Don't order from Dashvapes?

I mean why would you - you have DIY-ejuice there in BC. They get a lot of my business and bestglycol.com gets the rest. :)

Why? DIY certainly has a larger selection, but also has a min $99 purchase to receive free shipping. Dashvapes is cheaper in most (not all) flavours, and only a $35 min shipping. Not to mention frequent flyer points that DO add up

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Why? DIY certainly has a larger selection, but also has a min $99 purchase to receive free shipping. Dashvapes is cheaper in most (not all) flavours, and only a $35 min shipping. Not to mention frequent flyer points that DO add up

DIY-ejuice has frequent flyer points too and the larger selection is worth it to me. I'm up to 475 flavours now so I need variety. I tend to shop only during sales so with 15% or 20% off they usually beat Dashvapes.

Bestglycol.com is hands down the most economical for flavours but they are very limited in their selection. If it's the basics you need then Bestglycol is a good compromise.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
DIY-ejuice has frequent flyer points too and the larger selection is worth it to me. I'm up to 475 flavours now so I need variety. I tend to shop only during sales so with 15% or 20% off they usually beat Dashvapes.

Bestglycol.com is hands down the most economical for flavours but they are very limited in their selection. If it's the basics you need then Bestglycol is a good compromise.

Needs to check DIY account for points…thanks :thumb:

The 2 are competitive with pricing and even sales. Dash’s last sale was 20% off. Admittedly their selection does not compare to DIY-e-juice who I think has the largest in Canada (have yet to find one larger), but their inventory is still very good compared to the rest of Canada. And there are benefits to a min $35 free shipping qualifier vs the $99 of DIY-ejuice. Depends on what is needed. I am also local to a Dashvapes store, which just adds another perk where I can pick up orders, or return if needed (subjective to just me but non the less).

Dashvapes is not the best DIY source in Canada, but they are very professional, excellent customer service with competitive prices. They are also a lab that that makes their own juice and are subjected to testing the very product we are purchasing for DIY. Play that as you wish, but that can have some value due to the current events. They also use the flavourings that they sell, which can mean stock is replenished and fresh. I am not saying that DIY or even Bestglycol is selling product that has been on a shelf for years. But just making a point.

I’ve known about Bestglycol, but have not given them much attention.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
LOL sometimes @Izan gives an answer so phenomenal, I sort of wonder if he is autistic.

LOL I know he isn't, we have interacted in a thoroughly normal fashion (maybe up til NOW :lol::lol::lol::lol:@Izan my apologies) but seriously that answer made me wonder if like, you rub your head against the wall in a self-soothing manner. Kind of idiot savant, if you catch my drift.

I'm sorry.... But it's TRUE!!!!

I'm sorry.... I do apologize but yeah where THAT came from? It was a little rain man.

Anna

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Last edited:

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
I've bought from DIY-ejuice several times and there are no points anywhere on my account. (moreover I don't see any place to look for them)

When you log into your account and the main dashboard appears it is on the left hand side at the bottom. "My Rewards". Click on that to check your balance.

DIY just started offering rebate points within the last 2 years (I'm not exactly sure when it started but I know when I first starting shopping there they didn't have that feature). The Broke Vaper also offers rebate points as well as Dashvapes. I believe one of the few that doesn't is BestGlycol but they make up for it with much lower prices than the other guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread