The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Who could help me out?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by rookiedaboogie, Aug 7, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rookiedaboogie

rookiedaboogie Full Member

Aug 7, 2018
    Hello,

Im planning toi buy this setup:

VooPoo Too mod
    Vandyvape Kylin RTA tank
    Sony vtc6 batteries
    Cotton Bacon
    Coilmaster Kanthal A1 24g wire

I read about every each of them. But I got overhelmed with all the terms and information that came up. Could somebody tell me if these will work together, and if not, what should I change? And generally, if any useful information pops on to your mind. That I should know using these. I would appreciate that too.

Thanks a lot guys. Hopefully this was not another annoying rookie post... Really need to someone to simplify this. And an approval, if this setup will work.

Sorry for the english aswell. Not my mother language...

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. lupinehorror

lupinehorror numpty wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 11, 2017
    alba
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Conlin McCloud

Conlin McCloud Full Member

Sounds like a good set up to me mate! I'd swap the cotton bacon for swag cotton if you can though. It's a much better product.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. rookiedaboogie

Aug 7, 2018
    Really appreciated. But how come? I feel like bigger thank would suit my needs, is there major differences with mini and "original"? Like, tank size obviously but, when it comes to coil or taste? You get the idea :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. rookiedaboogie

Aug 7, 2018
    Thanks mate! Im not sure if I can find that one as I live in a country where vaping is a bit shady business. (Thailand) Availability is not that high. But what is the difference between these two? If it's better and I can find it, sure I will choose that one!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Conlin McCloud

Cotton bacon is fairly standard but swag is specifically formulated to get less dry hits, it's more absorbent, washable and you can switch up flavours on it a lot better

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. rookiedaboogie

Aug 7, 2018
    Allright, Ill try to find that. Thanks for sharing this information. Truely helps!

• Like Like x 3
  8. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Motown
    Really - any cotton will work to get you started.

There was a time when, other than silica wick, all that was available was cotton balls. I started with organic cotton balls, tried cotton bacon, native cotton, ko-gen-do, and rayon among others. I mainly use rayon now as it lasts longer than cotton, but when I use cotton I still grab a cotton ball. Cheap and easy.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. rookiedaboogie

Aug 7, 2018
    I take these as a facts as veteran is talking. This is exactly what I need. I had so many questions after I chose to hop from vape-pen to a boxmod. I felt like it's gonna be a long road until I can start. Truely appriciated.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Conlin McCloud

When using cotton balls just make sure you don't use scented ones, and try get organic cotton balls if you can.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. gpjoe

Oct 30, 2013
    Motown
    Yep - which is why I recommended organic cotton balls. :)

You may try other cotton or rayon, and find something that you like better. It may be Swag, Cotton Bacon, or something else. Certainly the packaged cotton is marketed expressly for vapers, and simple to use, but in the end regular old cotton is fine to start. It's all the same material, just in a different form.

Of course the texture and wicking properties may vary slightly, but organic cotton balls work fine and are cheap. I just unroll the balls into strips and cut the strips into 2-3 inch pieces.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Conlin McCloud

My bad, didn't see that there, sorry!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. gpjoe

Oct 30, 2013
    Motown
    Nah - It's buried in there - and bears repeating. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. lupinehorror

lupinehorror numpty wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 11, 2017
    alba
    the mini is designed to be single coil only. this will be useful if you start to wind your own coils (which is really easy and saves cash) as you don't need to balance the resistance of dual. you can put a single coil build in the larger RTA but there's a lot of airflow so in my opinion the flavour suffers.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    Looks good to me. Just a couple of pointers though.

Your mod is a two battery regulated device. The VTC6 is a 20 amp battery, so with two of them you are good up 120 watts. If you wanted to use a higher wattage than that, you could use the Sony VTC5a which is a 25 amp battery and be good up to 150 watts.

24G is a heavy wire for a regulated mod, especially with an RTA. You might want to consider 26G.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
  16. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    Heres another opinion for ya, i go with 22ga kanthal in my rta. Im using a wotofo bravo. Dual coils, i wind 7 wraps with 2.5mm inside diameter. Combined, these coils have a resistance of .19 to .20ohms. Depending on the flavor im using, ill go with 55 to 65 watts. Youll figure out what works best for you. As far as cotton bacon goes, the newer version, prime, seems to wick a little bit faster than the origional version. Just remember to have fun with it, you will find your happy place.

• Like Like x 3
  17. rookiedaboogie

Aug 7, 2018
    Oh I get it. I bought the dual kylin. For the reason that I wasn't too happy with the previous shop and their customer service. (Long story). They had the the minis and other had the bigger model. So I decided to try the big one.

Good thing is that I enjoy to build things, even if it takes time to master it, I like it. Gotta see how it works! Might give that previous place a second change aswell. We'll see!

• Like Like x 4
  18. rookiedaboogie

Aug 7, 2018
    Solid info. Thank you. Will buy 26g + Need to try what wattage fits the best.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. rookiedaboogie

Aug 7, 2018
    Okay, I need to get back on this post once I gain more experience. But noted, ill let the process of learning guide me. Thanks alot :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. rookiedaboogie

Aug 7, 2018
    Gotcha! For the reason it affects to taste I assume? :)

• Like Like x 1