Who could help me out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookiedaboogie

Aug 7, 2018
Yep - which is why I recommended organic cotton balls. :)

You may try other cotton or rayon, and find something that you like better. It may be Swag, Cotton Bacon, or something else. Certainly the packaged cotton is marketed expressly for vapers, and simple to use, but in the end regular old cotton is fine to start. It's all the same material, just in a different form.

Of course the texture and wicking properties may vary slightly, but organic cotton balls work fine and are cheap. I just unroll the balls into strips and cut the strips into 2-3 inch pieces.
Yep - which is why I recommended organic cotton balls. :)

You may try other cotton or rayon, and find something that you like better. It may be Swag, Cotton Bacon, or something else. Certainly the packaged cotton is marketed expressly for vapers, and simple to use, but in the end regular old cotton is fine to start. It's all the same material, just in a different form.

Of course the texture and wicking properties may vary slightly, but organic cotton balls work fine and are cheap. I just unroll the balls into strips and cut the strips into 2-3 inch pieces.
Noted. Bought a pack of bacon. Will try that out. Need to try cotton balls aswell.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser

rookiedaboogie

Aug 7, 2018

rookiedaboogie

Aug 7, 2018
Im not sure why people mess around with building simple coils, the quality and longevity just doesnt come close to something like a clapton/staple etc.

Coilology Performance 7-in-1 Prebuilt Coils Set
I actually thought about that. I watched a video about a clapton coil. And my first thought was "who wants to make this again and again in a short term?" but then I thought (and this is probably not correct) "If you make this once a week, it's actually not that bad of task." I guess it depends how you like to vape, when it comes to, how long the coil will last.

Im gonna jump in to these once I get a little grip and understanding of the basics of coil building.

Last edited:

rookiedaboogie

Aug 7, 2018
There's a wealth of information on ECF. You started out at the right place.
Seemed legit. Wen't trough few but didn't guite catch my attention. Somehow this feels different. Already got great answers to questions I had to roll around in my head lately.

As I live abroad in a country where vaping is illegal... There is basically no shops where you could step in and start a conversation. This seems like a BS -free foorum. Really happy about it.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Seemed legit. Wen't trough few but didn't guite catch my attention. Somehow this feels different. Already got great answers to questions I had to roll around in my head lately.

As I live abroad in a country where vaping is illegal... There is basically no shops where you could step in and start a conversation. This seems like a BS -free foorum. Really happy about it.

Seems that government in your country is probably protecting Big Tobacco and the taxes that come from tobacco sales. Or, is it a religious taboo?

Once you get 5 posts on ECF your privileges expand to more forums and threads.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I actually thought about that. I watched a video about a clapton coil. And my first thought was "who wants to make this again and again in a short term?" but then I thought (and this is probably not correct) "If you make this once a week, it's actually not that bad of task." I guess it depends how you like to vape, when it comes to, how long the coil will last.

Im gonna jump in to these once I get a little grip and understanding of the basics of coil building.
Your English is just fine. You eally don't need to edit so often. We don't get alerts when a post is edited so most of the time the edits go unread. Stick with single wire and twisted wire for now since you are learning on a dual deck. You are going to love the flavor once you get the build and wick dialed in. Hope you enjoy the process.

rookiedaboogie

Aug 7, 2018
Seems that government in your country is probably protecting Big Tobacco and the taxes that come from tobacco sales. Or, is it a religious taboo?

Once you get 5 posts on ECF your privileges expand to more forums and threads.
Well, they said it's for the youths... Vaping leads to smoking... Every each of us can decide what to believe.....

Does it mean I need to post 4 more times on this 'newbie' area? Probably the newbiest question posted :D

rookiedaboogie

Aug 7, 2018
Your English is just fine. You eally don't need to edit so often. We don't get alerts when a post is edited so most of the time the edits go unread. Stick with single wire and twisted wire for now since you are learning on a dual deck. You are going to love the flavor once you get the build and wick dialed in. Hope you enjoy the process.
Yeah :D Felt strictly, like "WHY DID YOU EDIT YOUR POST!?" With that box. But it's all good. Single wire coming tomorrow. That's a start.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yeah :D Felt strictly, like "WHY DID YOU EDIT YOUR POST!?" With that box. But it's all good. Single wire coming tomorrow. That's a start.
You can post in any thread that isn't closed, you can also start another thread. After you have made 5 posts you can pm someone. You're good to go.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Im not sure why people mess around with building simple coils, the quality and longevity just doesnt come close to something like a clapton/staple etc.
For someone absolutely NEW to building their own coils, SIMPLE is better. I believe in the KISS principle -- Keep It Simple, Stupid. Once the beginner is able to perfect their skills, then they can experiment with more complex builds. If you had never baked a cake before, would it make sense to try to make a 5 tier wedding cake on first try? Makes more sense to keep things as simple as possible in an attempt to avoid complexities and problems. My :2c:

Might have been better if you chose a RDA (rebuildable drip atomizer) as your first rebuildable. They are more forgiving to new user errors, especially with wicking.

You might find the information in this blog useful. Information Resources for Your First RBA

Last edited:

rookiedaboogie

Aug 7, 2018
For someone absolutely NEW to building their own coils, SIMPLE is better. I believe in the KISS principle -- Keep It Simple, Stupid. Once the beginner is able to perfect their skills, then they can experiment with more complex builds. If you had never baked a cake before, would it make sense to try to make a 5 tier wedding cake on first try? Makes more sense to keep things as simple as possible in an attempt to avoid complexities and problems. My :2c:

Might have been better if you chose a RDA (rebuildable drip atomizer) as your first rebuildable. They are more forgiving to new user errors, especially with wicking.

You might find the information in this blog useful. Information Resources for Your First RBA
Yup, KISS works basically on everything. I actually thought RDA is the one you choose once you get a better understanding about coils. But we'll see, RTA coming soon. Might take some time but, shouldn't be an impossible task as there is thousands of RTA builders in this world. Gonna join in to that club :D Sooner or later! (Hopefully :D)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I see. So basically once im done with 5 posts I need to ask an invitation from somebody around here? :)
No it just means if you would like to communicate with someone privately thru a pm (private message) you can. On the top right side there is an envelope icon, click on it to use the pm function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread