Who has used their flavorings in foods & drinks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
My girlfriends mom uses TPA's Black Walnut to make Black Walnut cake, seems Mccormick discontinued the flavoring so I bought her a bottle to try, and its a perfect substitute.

There are times when you just have to make your own because they don't make them anymore. I just started making a couple of flavors extracting with 100% Propylene Glycol instead of using Vodka.

LunchusBoxious

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Ontario Canada
Why cant people just be happy with vaping and enjoy it the way it was intended? Its messing with the liquids in a manner that they arent intended that will get the FDA to step in and ban them all together, and then we are screwed and back at square 1. Just order the flavors and puff em, thats it!!!!

They were intended for consumtion, not for vaping.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
OMG, All this food talk is making me so hungry. So should I add a few drops to my plain vanilla pudding, How long should I let it steep a month? Put it in hot water to steep for about 3 hours? All kidding aside I can't wait to get home and try out a little butterscotch in some vanilla yogert tonight. I love the whipped cream idea too.

Last edited:

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
Ill add some. Ive actually thought about opening a thread about this exact topic for awhile now. I love to cook. Since I was like 5 years old its been my favorite hobby. So shortly after I started making juice I started looking for ways to utilize my flavoings for other things. By shortly... I mean,about 5 minutes after I made my first juice I was adding flavoring to the coffee I was drinking at the same time!

So I have of couse like many added flavorings to my coffee like hazlenut,irish cream,dulce leche,french vanilla and others. Try adding a drop of a fruit flavoring to your favorite teas,smooties,or OMG milkshakes!

Best bananna milkshake in the world... french vanilla ice cream,milk,cut up banannas,and TPA Ripe Bananna flavoring. I usually make enuff for two people and add five or sixdrops. Its over the top.

All the flavorings we buy can make fantastic hard candy. Ever had a honey flue cured hard candy? Add a lil extra honey flavoring to it and its actually really good.

Baking... dont get me started. Add a few drops of cinnamon danish swirl to your dough for cinammon rolls. Add a drop or two pf whaever you fancy to pie crusts.

eikon

slave to the comma
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
you don't like cool whip?

Water, Corn Syrup, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Coconut and Palm Kernel Oils), High Fructose Corn Syrup, Less than Two Percent of Sodium Caseinate (from Milk), Natural and Artificial Flavor, Xanthan and Guar Gums, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Monostearate, Beta Carotene (Color).
---
give me a pint of heavy cream, a little vanilla, whatever Natural and/or Artificial Flavor flavorings would be good, some caster sugar, a big old bowl (ice cold, preferably copper), a big fracking whisk, and five minutes, and you will also hate Cool Whip...

It's not so much the ingredients, it's just that if you want whipped cream, the real thing is SOOOOOOOO MUCH better than aerated vegetable oil.

The one thing thing that scares me about Cool Whip is "Beta Carotene (Color)".
Beta Carotene is ORANGE!!!!
COOL WHIP IS WHITE!!!
That means they are correcting for BLUE!?!!?

Last edited:

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
give me a pint of heavy cream, a little vanilla, whatever Natural and/or Artificial Flavor flavorings would be good, some caster sugar, a big old bowl (ice cold, preferably copper), a big fracking whisk, and five minutes, and you will also hate Cool Whip...

It's not so much the ingredients, it's just that if you want whipped cream, the real thing is SOOOOOOOO MUCH better than aerated vegetable oil.
agreed...i didn't know if you were talking about the idea of drops in a whipped product or cool whip specifically
i have unsuccessfully attempted to make coconut milk whip cream...multiple times LOL

eikon

slave to the comma
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
agreed...i didn't know if you were talking about the idea of drops in a whipped product or cool whip specifically i have unsuccessfully attempted to make coconut milk whip cream...multiple times LOL

whipped coconut milk sounds good actually, but you may need Xanthan or Guar Gum, check the local health food store (Lassen's) and/or a really good Immersion Blender. (you are bordering on molecular gastronomy)

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
whipped coconut milk sounds good actually, but you may need Xanthan or Guar Gum, check the local health food store (Lassen's) and/or a really good Immersion Blender. (you are bordering on molecular gastronomy)

no xanthan or guar necessary.
fridge + can of coconut milk + NO shaking in the back of the fridge for like a week and super cold bowl/beaters or whisk
(NOT light and not anything from valley produce/trader joes..like thai kitchen brand works...for other ppl LOL)

it forms like a "butter" that can be scooped out and whipped...then you can use the remaining liquid in smoothies or other recipes. i don't think i have had the tools cold enough or waited long enough for the separation.
I am not known for my patience....(and i am going to diy?! *eek*)

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Water, Corn Syrup, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Coconut and Palm Kernel Oils), High Fructose Corn Syrup, Less than Two Percent of Sodium Caseinate (from Milk), Natural and Artificial Flavor, Xanthan and Guar Gums, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Monostearate, Beta Carotene (Color).
---

The one thing thing that scares me about Cool Whip is "Beta Carotene (Color)".
Beta Carotene is ORANGE!!!!
COOL WHIP IS WHITE!!!
That means they are correcting for BLUE!?!!?

You want to avoid anything with the word Hydrogenated in it, like trying to digest plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread