ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2010
Earth
Still have one here
BjLW1

nikosm

Nov 23, 2009
Alexandria, Va
I bought a BLU starter kit a few days ago - I have used a DSE-901 for almost 3 years, so I guess I'm the exception here:vapor: The reason I switched was that I was tired of always having to re-order e-liquid and cartridges and wait for them to be delivered. Also, I get e-liquid in my mouth with the 901 fairly often and sometimes it irritates the area under my tongue. My local Sheetz sells BLU carts so I thought I would give it a try. I am now regretting my decision; BLU sucks! I spent $15 on 5 cartridges that might last me 5 days, the batteries don't last more than an hour and I am out $73 on the starter kit. I thought of trying another cartomizer like the JOYE 510, but I don't want to throw good money after bad, so I will order some more e-liquid from Johnson Creek to refill the BLU carts and continue to use my 901.

StartLifeEndLife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Chicago
I bought a BLU starter kit a few days ago - I have used a DSE-901 for almost 3 years, so I guess I'm the exception here:vapor: The reason I switched was that I was tired of always having to re-order e-liquid and cartridges and wait for them to be delivered. Also, I get e-liquid in my mouth with the 901 fairly often and sometimes it irritates the area under my tongue. My local Sheetz sells BLU carts so I thought I would give it a try. I am now regretting my decision; BLU sucks! I spent $15 on 5 cartridges that might last me 5 days, the batteries don't last more than an hour and I am out $73 on the starter kit. I thought of trying another cartomizer like the JOYE 510, but I don't want to throw good money after bad, so I will order some more e-liquid from Johnson Creek to refill the BLU carts and continue to use my 901.

Yep, the local stores prices for the cartos are too high, and they are tiny cartos, i went through 3 in a day. Unfortunately JC doesnt sell the same flavors. Blu works, but the tiny battery life was terrible for me. I can still get a good vape out of em, but never pick it up anymore since i got an Echo, IMO it has all the good qualities of blu (auto, blue light, carto) without the tiny size and carto. I use my blu as a trial starter kit for my friends mostly, and my GF likes it when she occasionally vapes.

Are you using cartos on your 901 or attys + carts? I would say go ahead and buy cartos for the 901 which should be the same as the 808d cartos. I could be wrong on this, but my echo is 808d/901 threaded, and regular 808d cartos work fine.

StartLifeEndLife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Chicago
Stay in the Dark then......... You wont know what real vaping is until you get a good MOD........ You must sell the things..lol

I feel the blu to mod analogy is like this: smoking filtered cigs=vaping the blu (or other minis w/ prefilled cartos) ego/echo/riva/gogo/etc. = rolling your own and becoming a cigar aficionado= mods

just my limited and simple take on things. Right now Im happy with my echo...but man some of those mods are pretty

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
1st ecig I tried: NJoy from 7-11 store. Didn't do it for me. Didn't know a thing then as to why tho. Problem is I am addicted to Sherman's MCDs. Gotta quit those stupid analogs. Picked up a blu disposable at Walgreens & it was good! Still didn't know a thing as to why. Ordered blu premium 100. Discovered that the blu disposable is 24 mg vs blu cartos max at 16 mg. Need the higher juice so I ordered 24mg from Johnson creek. Plan to refill cartomizers. Just a noobie here so I welcome input
Bullette says woof!

KnotGillty

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Sacramento CA
Ordered blu premium 100. Discovered that the blu disposable is 24 mg vs blu cartos max at 16 mg. Need the higher juice so I ordered 24mg from Johnson creek. Plan to refill cartomizers. Just a noobie here so I welcome input
Bullette says woof!

I started my vaping journey on the Blu Premium 100 pack myself. A few observations:
  • Sometimes when you put the battery in the charging pack, the red charge light will not come on. Simply reopen the pack and close the lid. You may have to do this several times to engage the charging feature of the pack. You'll know you got it right when the red charging light is blinking.
  • If you are frugal like me, you can easily refill the blu cartridges (aka cartomizer) several times before they die (to save money). As soon as the flavor begins to change, set the cartridge aside for future refills. If you smoke (vape) the cartridge until you get a burnt taste, it's too late, and future refills will still taste burnt (you are burning the inner material closest to the atomizer inside the cartridge, also known as the diaper).
  • To refill a premium 100 cartridge, simply pop off the plastic end cap (the part you put into your mouth). I use a modified paperclip, while others use things such as a thumb tack. Under the black plastic cap you'll find a clear rubber O ring. This rubber piece is simply to help prevent juice from getting into your mouth when you inhale. Once removed, you can drip drops of e-juice onto the white cotton-like material. Do not allow the drops to go inside the center hole (this is where the atomizer is). Instead, let the drops run down the inside edges of the metal cartridge by holding it at an angle when you drip. The cartridge will be full of liquid when you begin to see the slightest hint of pooling at the top of the cartomizer (cartridge). Don't overfill. If you do, dab up the excess with the corner of a paper towel. I prefer to let my newly filled cartridges sit standing up overnight with the rubber condom on the threaded end.
  • Buy some e-juice that is similar to the flavor cartridges you are buying from Blu. I like the blu peach schnapps flavor and I refill these with peach flavor from another vendor in order to get maximum usage from each blu cartridge (cartomizer). Be aware that if you finish a tobacco flavored cartridge, and then you try to refill it with a different flavor such as watermellon, it will likely taste like a crappy watermellon tobacco. Just sayin . . .
  • Reverse Taryn Spin: Look this term up on youtube. After a cartridge is done, there is still liquid inside. You can remove this liquid. By using the reverse taryn spin on 4 used premium 100 cartridges, I am able to extract enough liquid to refill an entire empty cartridge. So a 5 pack of blu premium 100 flavor cartridges can be turned into 6 cartridges. But remember, don't vape until you get the burnt taste from your cartridge. If you do, any remaining liquid you expell will have a burnt taste too. You know the rubber condom that comes with the Blu disposables? Well that rubber piece is about the same size as the blu premium 100 cartridges, and with a little added precaution (a tiny piece of tape), the disposable rubber piece can be secured to the premium 100 cartridge and used to collect the liquid via the reverse taryn spin.
  • I bought a 2 inch long threaded pvc pipe along with 2 threaded end caps. I attached a 2+ foot length of cord to one end cap. I place the nearly empty blu cartridges inside (with condom attached as outlined above), screw the end caps on, and spin the sucker like crazy for about 20 seconds to remove any liquid. I didn't have anything to use for the reverse taryn spin like the dude on youtube, so I improvised for a total cost of less than $1
Like most people that stick to vaping for the long term, you'll find that there are many better products, with better options (cartomizers, atomizers, cones, tanks, much better batteries, and other modifications). But it's all good because Blu is getting you away from cigarettes and that's all that really matters right now. Cigarette sized batteries are soooo limited because of battery capacity. The premium 100 charging pack helps to minimize that challenge. I'm still trying to use up all of the old blu cartridges I have (did I mention I was frugal). I have about 30 new ones and at least that many old ones that need to be refilled and used again. Essentially, I use the blu cartridges during the day and at night when I'm at home I use a better product (more the size of a cigar) with better & tastier liquids. Once my remaining blu cartridges are gone, I'll go 24/7 to my other device with lower overall operating costs on a per day basis. The blu cartridges are inexpensive compared to cigarettes, but at the same time, blu cartridges are much more expensive than buying disposable cartomizers and e-juice elsewhere, and using them on a better vaping device, which in the big scheme of things, is partially why these forums are so popular. Some people get carried away with their spending habits by always buying the latest & greatest vaping modifications, but once you find the right e-juice, along with a device that works great and is compatible with a plethora of components, you'll be really happy you found out about this whole vaping hobby & community.

I've probably typed way more than you need to know. I wish you the best of luck in your vaping journey.

Randy

Last edited:

StartLifeEndLife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Chicago
To add to that great post, dont let any juice get into your batteries, thats why you let the cartos drain over night. I dont have the premium 100 but if its still as sensitive as the original, try not to take it anywhere loud and or bouncy like dancing. Thats how i killed one of my blu batteries...it was in the pcc too. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread